Get embedded developer student job

>get embedded developer student job
>first day
>wew, they do pretty cool stuff
>they introduce me to their development environment
>using some eclipse derivate
>on windows 7
>not penguin OS
kill me pls. I want muh penguin OS and vim.

welcome to the real world

>falling for the linux meme

>not falling for superior ricing capabilities

you shouldnt even be working

shoot up the place then hero

Why does it matter what their development environment is? You're all just pushing code to some git server anyway.

Haha, did you think anyone use loonix desktop other than autistic hobbyists? Lmao. Welcome to the real world, ya got memed son

Welcome to the embedded world: where everything is proprietary, and you have to pay 500$ for a compiler that only works on windows.

You got unlucky my dude. At my embedded systems job we have to do our development on Linux, albeit on a VM. I actually prefer to use eclipse for navigating around huge codebases, so that's what I use, but my boss only uses Vim. Most of the people at the company have been working there since like the 80s.

I don't work in tech so forgive me if this is a stupid question, but wouldn't individual developers have freedom to choose their tools? I mean, it's not like the editor and OS you code on have any effect on the code itself. It just goes into version control at the end of the day.

its just a troll post. It shouldn't matter.

>“autistic hobbyists“

Enjoy your gaymes.

How do you NOT expect to be using Windows in a business environment? First job?

> implying Jew McShekelLord sits in Kia tower ricing Arch Linux

This is your final chance. you can be the autism, and fight everyone at the job and get fired, or you can make money. I have a feeling you're going to go with option 1.

>not asking technologies they use during the inteview

Bunch of sperg autists.
Of course businesses prefer windows to linux.
It's easy to use, universal do everyone, has fucking customer support and it's pretty easy to create development environments.

Most servers actually use solaris or red hat, which are linux paid distros with actual customer support and with decent security.

>source w3cook
>w3cuck

The joke tells itself

This chart looks fake as shit

I am not denying most servers that are reachable from the outside are Linux based many companies small and big run Windows Server for Exchange

The real world uses windows. Expect whatever job you get to at the very least to have windows servers with active directory. Its cheap and works and unlike the linux garbage, has its software backed by warranty and support.

If you got through whatever shitty community college you went to without realizing you were going to be using windows, you really didn't pay attention at all.

Everyone says linux is used everywhere, I dont even know how to use windows.

>get job as SW dev.
>get laptop
>W10
>ask if I can install Linux
>get dirty looks

Your full of shit, no self respecting company would have anything to do with windows. I have been a programmer for 40 years and never saw a single company use windows.

you got memed, everything human-facing is windows unfortunately

>linux on desktop
>shows chart of server
100% retard

Where the fuck do you work ?

Work? I'm talking about jerking it to animu!

>Windows is the default for everyone at work
>mention to boss that I'd like a Mac if they're available
>one day there is a fresh MacBook Pro on my desk when I arrive to work
>it just werks
>except MS products keep shitting themselves

/thread

You use windows programs and you wanted to use a mac. What did you expect you fucking retard?