Anne Applebaum: If Trump becomes US president, Poles will have to learn Russian language again

The secret plot to control America, launched from abroad, is an old theme in American pop culture. “The Manchurian Candidate,” a film made in 1962, imagined a Chinese scheme to engineer a coup d’etat. Aficionados of paranoid thrillers may also recall “Lucky Bastard,” a 1998 Charles McCarry novel, which featured a U.S. president controlled by a Soviet case officer who happens to be his wife.

But now it is 2016, truth is stranger than fiction, and we finally have a presidential candidate, Donald Trump, with direct and indirect links to a foreign dictator, Vladimir Putin, whose policies he promotes. And yet it is not secret, it is not a plot, there is no conspiracy. No one has been hypnotized or recruited by foreign intelligence. Just as Marine Le Pen, leader of the French National Front, openly accepts Russian money, the Trump campaign advertises its Russian links and pays no real political price.

Trump also cast doubt on the fundamental basis of transatlantic stability, NATO’s Article 5 guarantee: If Russia invades, he said, he’d have to think first before defending U.S. allies.

The president of Estonia instantly pointed out that his country is a NATO member in good standing that invests more than 2 percent of its gross domestic product in the military and sent troops to Afghanistan.

washingtonpost.com/opinions/global-opinions/how-a-trump-presidency-could-destabilize-europe/2016/07/21/9ec38a20-4f75-11e6-a422-83ab49ed5e6a_story.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rZuIyH2EZYw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_during_the_liberation_of_Poland
youtube.com/watch?v=obR-__x4-uE
alternet.org/right-wing/trumps-troubling-similarities-osama-bin-laden
youtube.com/watch?v=Wt_6mPxgUNI
youtube.com/watch?v=epwznxJ8zaE
theguardian.com/world/2003/apr/09/russia.artsandhumanities
bankier.pl/wiadomosc/Sachs-Polska-powinna-teraz-postawic-na-technologie-i-innowacje-3417947.html
thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/07/08/newt-whites-don-t-know-discrimination.html?via=desktop&source=copyurl
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fuck you
also dubs

> Poles will have to learn Russian language again

can't be so hard... suka blyat pidaras nahuy v pizdu idi pizdabol sasha parasha kupi vodku

You forgot about "polyaki pindosskie prostituki".

>implying that's a bad thing
down with the English language!

>The president of Estonia instantly pointed out that his country is a NATO member in good standing that invests more than 2 percent of its gross domestic product in the military and sent troops to Afghanistan.

There is literally nothing about Poland in that article

I was claiming from the very beginning that paying Russia so much for oil and gas is dangerous. And i was right: Russia bought whole Western Europe and additionally USA for oil-money. Even Saudis ain't so effective.

Please dont!

War is coming guise :D

No doubt about it.

>russia invades
>russian economy collapses within a year
bravo

Russia doesn't need economy to invade. What they need is 50 mln of hungry soldiers robbing everything on their way

We're soon in nato. No worries :^)

This is fucking retarded though. When Trump was talking about not defending NATO allies he was talking about the ones that don't pay 2% of their GDP into defence like the NATO agreement requires. And he's absolutely right, why exactly SHOULD America be paying out the ass for its global military that is doing nothing but subsidising everyone else's defence budget? If you can't meet the agreement then why should America meet theirs? It isn't asking much, it's asking to abide the rules of NATO.

The thing is though, Poland DOES spend above 2% of their GDP on defence, so this statement wasn't even directed at them. Poland is only one of the few NATO countries that does along with the UK.

>Just as Marine Le Pen, leader of the French National Front, openly accepts Russian money,
Literally a loan because all the cuck banks of France wouldn't give her one.

and where is the funding supposed to come to maintain the vehicles? are they planning on stealing airplane parts too?

What would the world do without Russia? If it wasn't for us your politicians wouldn't have the means to successfully scare people enough so they would vote for them.

They use bullshit against Trump like Putin uses bullshit against good things here. Why are democrates afraid of him so? He will not build any wall or ban Muslims. Something else? Please, enlighten me.

Co za gówno. Jebani Żydzi

Making allies, signing mutually benefitial agreements and befriending former rivals is bad... how?

Fuck Anne Applebaum she is a russophobe kike. She cannot be objective and reliable speaking about Russia.

>We're soon in nato.

Kek, good luck with that

Because he's not part of the system. If he gains power it might mean the end of the system of two parties, with equal control of political spheres. It means chaos for politicians.

>Trump winning
Kekkosen kekkonen :D

>Because he's not part of the system.

I guess some western politicians just found a cool bogeyman to destroy their political opponents.
Hey, he loves Putin, catch him!
Hey, he doesn't hate Putin, catch him!

>the self proclaimed citadel of freedom
>has only two political parties

Everyone does it. Putin does it now too. Koreans can't go a step without mentioning evil Japan, etc. Because it's cheap and effective enough.

It's not about Russia, it's targeting Trump, you silly baka.

So, just powerful peoples' possible problem. But just possible.

You are an idiot and don't know what are you talking about. You didn't even google who is she. Her every article is about bad Putin's regime, not about Trump. She is writing books about Russia, not Trump. Fucking retard.

She is Polish btw, she applied for Polish citizenship. She is a wife of our former foreign affairs minister, and she lives in Poland, in old renovated manor house of szlachta. Very nice lady, i recommend her books about Russian-soviet crimes, f.e. "Gulag".

I wish.

You are rude, sempai. It's unnecessary. I believe you but I think she shoots two hairs here.

>applebaum
>she is polish

You need 4 things to be a true Pole

- look like a Pole
- speak Polish
- have Polish citizenship
- be anti-Russian/anti-German

She fulfils all requirements

youtube.com/watch?v=rZuIyH2EZYw

If dubs we genoce polaks once again.

Are you going to send here guys shouting "allahu akbar" like you did in Eastern Ukraine?

Dumb cunt. Poland contributes 2% of it's GDP towards NATO.

Oh you poor fool...

>If Trump becomes US president, Poles will have to learn Russian language again

This should be:
>If Trump becomes US president, he will delegate the responsibility of foreign to policy to a competent person with experience, this being his VP Mike Pence, who will pursue the standard anti-Russia neocon foreign policy

You kill them and everyone wins.

(((applebaum)))

prepare ur anus, kurwa.

Honestly I could do without the Muslims

truly the greatest ally

If Trump becomes President, the Senate will do everything it can to limit and counter his freedom of action in foreign affairs to minimize the damage he does to America's standing with allies. It might very well bring about the end of the imperial presidency.

Trump will do to Senate the same what Caligula did

Fuck, this guy literally persuades Russia to attack baltics. If he said the same as US president, we would have war

>prepare ur anus, kurwa.

Please Russia, do it fast and with turned off lights, not like last time...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_during_the_liberation_of_Poland

>Literally a loan

>Maybe we could invest more in the armed forces to actually defend our nation instead of invading a country that is called the "Graveyard of Empires"?
>lolno fuck Russia, NATO will protect us. We're going to Kabul, faggots.

*sends muslims*

yes, there would be unilateral action taken from pissed off democrats and pissed off establishment conservatives i.e paul ryan. I am sure trump would try to get them replaced by his own rank and file but that would just give more leeway to democrats to regain seats.

Newt Gingrich an ally of Trump and the one who advised him on running for poltical office said “Estonia is in the suburbs of St. Petersburg… I’m not sure I would risk nuclear war.”

This was interesting considering he is probably well versed in foreign policy....I imagine Trump would think the same and not instantly send troops if a Russian attack happens....

I just wonder what russia would do during a Trump presidency...considering that he might be thrown out of office after a first term if a american public reacts bad to russian invasion.

>Newt Gingrich

He is a devoted catholic

youtube.com/watch?v=obR-__x4-uE

>The president of Estonia instantly pointed out that his country is a NATO member in good standing that invests more than 2 percent of its gross domestic product in the military and sent troops to Afghanistan.
Then they have nothing to worry about

>Politico compared Donald Trump to Hugo Chavez and Augusto Pinochet. New York magazine noted a similarity between Trump and Kim Jong-Il and Joseph Stalin. Meg Whitman recently compared him to Benito Mussolini. And pretty much everyone who isn’t voting for him, including two former presidents of Mexico, has publicly or privately (or secretly to themselves) compared him to Hitler. Trump himself, although loath to accept these comparisons, seems to respect, if not like, Vladimir Putin, and it’s even been reported that for a time he kept a collection of Hitler’s speeches at his bedside table.

alternet.org/right-wing/trumps-troubling-similarities-osama-bin-laden

>Applebaum

Sup Forums is always right

>Applebaum was born in Washington, D.C. Her parents are Harvey M. Applebaum, a partner in the Covington and Burling law firm, and Elizabeth (Bloom) Applebaum, of the Corcoran Gallery of Art. Applebaum has stated that she was brought up in a "very reformed" [spoiler]Jewish[/spoiler] family.

Every time.

She may be a bit oversensitive about Trump, but the truth is that she is an expert on putinism. She knows how dangerous it is for humanity

youtube.com/watch?v=Wt_6mPxgUNI

>Poland will be attacked
>I will get drafted and die glouriously while holding off kacap hordes

never trust jews.

This "Jew" has Polish citizenship, lives in Poland along with her husband and children who go to Polish schools and speak Polish. I doubt that she would want bad things happen to Poland.

you fool.

Isn't Polish just a dialect of Russian?

Or maybe Russian is a dialect of Polish?

No, Russia is bigger.

no

e мoe, и чe дeлaть? вeдь я yжe pyccкий выyчил

>No, Russia is bigger.

And what it has to do with anything?, kek

Russians are our retarded cousins who walked East 1300 years ago

>Slavs will never rule Europe like one entity..

you had your time

Aleksander Macedoński was a slav

Lol, people who genuinely believe there's any possibility of Russia going to war against NATO are the biggest delusional faggots.

Poles are foremost catholic, not "slavic". We are an emanation of latin culture. Russians closed themselves in their backward pravoslavic "culture", and they rot in it intellectually and morally.

youtube.com/watch?v=epwznxJ8zaE

Around 30 min she says that it was not the western economic doctrine that caused Russian economic collapse. That is wholly untrue and any honest academic knows this. She is a liar.

theguardian.com/world/2003/apr/09/russia.artsandhumanities

Russians are subhumans, they can't work and organize. Why Poles were able to build a normal economy starting from even worse position than Russians? Our "shock therapy" was much more brutal and hardcore than theirs. That's because we are not as stupid as they are. The only economy they can "build" is sitting on oil pipe and consuming revenue from selling out natural resources. The other way for them to survive is to conquer productive and intelligent nations like Poles and forcing them to work for them.

>Russia is bigger.

That's because they are land-thieves. They stole territories of hundreds of nations and tribes. Today they live only thanks to this thievery, due to oil and gas sources placed on this stolen territory. A Russian can't work and live honestly, he is a natural born parasite like a Jew.

INTERVIEWER: So people like Jeff Sachs would say there was no other option, there was no other road to take [besides] shock therapy, and that the way it was applied was the way to do.

JOSEPH STIGLITZ: That's absolutely wrong. There were countries that were successful, and most of the countries that were successful did not follow the shock-therapy approach. China had a gradualist policy. In retrospect, in 20, 25 years, it actually has moved faster towards creating a market economy. They have a bigger stock market than almost any of the other emerging markets. So they've gone a long way, but it was step by step by step. And as they went on with this gradualist policy, they had enormous support from the people within their country. It wasn't forced on them; it was really something that everybody became convinced was the right way. Slovenia is one other very successful country, one of the countries [whose] GDP today is higher than it was at the beginning of the transition. It, too, followed the gradualist policy.

Poland is one of the most interesting cases, because it did use shock therapy to get inflation down. And some people think, therefore, it is a shock-therapy country, but that's not right. In fact, what it did is, having gotten inflation down to reasonable levels -- and by that I mean 15, 20 percent a year, not to the very, very low level -- it didn't pursue getting inflation down with a single-mindedness that was the case in some of the other countries. [Poland] then took a gradualist policy of restructuring their economy, restructuring their society. And the result of that was the best performance relative to where they were in the beginning of the transition. So there were alternatives, [and] those who choose the alternatives were more successful than those who choose the shock therapy.

>Jeff Sachs

He is a wise guy, we respect him here a lot. He arrived to Poland this year and told us that two decades of his plan for Poland worked well, Poland managed to build a healthy free market economy, and now in next two decades we should focus on escaping middle-income trap by investing money in high tech spheres of the economy

bankier.pl/wiadomosc/Sachs-Polska-powinna-teraz-postawic-na-technologie-i-innowacje-3417947.html

... and that's exactly what our new government just began to do

Nice deflection.

Poland was in such position in 80s/90s that you couldn't be in worse. We were poorer than some African countries back then, our economy was entirely based on technologically backward heavy industry producing for needs of soviet union, we literally lived on shit after destruction of soviet union because nobody wanted to buy our products on free market. Russians were in much better position because all high tech, military and sophisticated industry was placed on territory of Russia, Ukraine and baltic states. They had realistic chance to transform themselves much better than we did but they failed in fact.

>national champions
Holy shit you kurwas ripped off Putin's thesis!
More like EU poured metric shitloads of shekels in your economy as a way to entice further onlookers into joining.
literally POTEMKIN VILLAGE writ large

> this soviet wacko from Phillipines again

I refuse to talk to you, because you are stupid, biased and fanatically pro-Russian. I can only recommend watching less RT.

>More like EU poured metric shitloads of shekels in your economy as a way to entice further onlookers into joining.
That too. Poland was allowed to join the industrial nations club, they did gradualist reforms and focused on job creation.

Russian economy was destroyed and it was supposed to be a resource colony and break apart. That is why liberals have lost their minds, as there is a major power that won't submit.

good
fuck poland, they belong in the gosudartsvo

I'd like to send the Russians back.

Dude, Russia was/is earning around 300 bln dollar every single year on selling out natural resources. It is like half of Poland's GDP. If they were a normal society ruled by normal people, not a bunch of alcoholic subhumans abused by a shady group of thieves and kikes transfering the money outside of the country, they would use this incredibly huge income to reform their economical processes and build a strong economy independent from oil-selling revenue. But they failed again. They failed in 90s because they were unable to organize a proper shock therapy, and they failed in 2005-2015 - a period of highest oil prices in history of humanity. They are simply fucking losers, stop creating alternative reality in which they are "victims" of external factors. That's what their sick society already believes, and it can end up as "good " for them as a myth of "stabbing in the back" ended for nazi Germans

Russia wont attack during a Trump presidency...they would know that wouldn't be able to get anything done in 4 years or at most 8....and other factors. What they would do is make promises to donald trump to do x while he does y to NATO. Effectively giving them leverage to act more freely in the future....hard to say what that would be since NATO is more of an agreement than some sort of institution you can dismantle.

Newt Gingrich supported taking the Baltics into NATO originally.

Ei paskasta saa konvehtia.

>Newt Gingrich on Friday said that many white people do not understand what it’s like to be black in America. “[Black America] is more dangerous in that you’re substantially more likely to be in a situation where police don’t respect you,” Gingrich said in a Facebook live conversation with Van Jones. “I think sometimes for whites it’s difficult to appreciate how real that is.” Gingrich, a probable running mate for Donald Trump, also said “if you are a normal white American, truth is you don’t understand being black in America,” specifically adding that black parents have to raise their children differently when it comes to engaging the police.

thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/07/08/newt-whites-don-t-know-discrimination.html?via=desktop&source=copyurl

Ryssiltä oli rahat loppu. Kenen ois pitäny maksaa sen sirkuksen käynnissä pitämisestä?

Muut kommunisti maat eivät paskoneet sänkyään samalla tavalla.

Jesus, I can see why everyone hates Poles.

Because they blow the internet ruskies the fuck out?

You stupid fuck. You could google that interview and find out alternatives. You know, the ones used by Poland and whoever. Money is not a resource it is administrative method.

Truth hurts, but i don't care about it. Poland has a lot of flaws too and i believe that we could do better after 1990 if we had wiser rulers and energy of the nation channeled in more efficient way, thanks to which we would have 30% higher salaries today than we actually have, but in case of Russia it is literally patologically obvious that they failed totally. Especially after 2000 when oil prices began to grow to heaven and they had ALL CHANCES to create economy independent from selling out natural resources. Even Saudis are doing it now.

Poland, a country of 40 mln people, got a total amount of 317$ bln as a financial aid from eu.

Russia, a country of 150 mln people, had gdp equal to 250$ bln in 2000. Just so you can compare the amount if aid you got.

Poland got help even before they joined the EU, because, you know, usa and European countries halved your international debt. And Russia got debts of ALL soviet republics, and nobody even tried to make it easier for us. So we paid in full.

You didn't have war in 90s. Though you did name one of your streets with terrorist name.

Also, 4$ bln tranche of IMF to russia in 90s got stolen and disappeared with some traces to American banks.

Ukraine had better starting position than russia actually, back in 91.

And also, the highest gdp growth russia had from 2000 and to 2004. And that was before oil prices skyrocketed.

And despite all that, can you name me at least one polish company that makes hi tech industry?

really makes you think

Ryssillä ei ollut rahaa, eikä mitään tavaraa mitä myydä. Mistä ne rahat ois sinne pitäny hommata?