How do these countries differ?

How do these countries differ?

geography

they differ?

>differ

It is like NZ and OZ

both are spanish flags

Both countries have a rich history, and we've not been traditional allies. Nowadays, however, both countries have a really high public opinion of each other; were it not for our membership to the EU we'd probably have something similar going.

Portugal is a lot like Spain, with the exception of the richer regions (Madrid, Catalonia, Valencia). They're also cute. CUTE!

Spain likes Portugal a little bit more, Portugal is resentful and distrustful of Spain because they (Castille) liked Catalunha and Galiza a little too much, and tried invading multiple times. Up until recently, any mixed Portuguese/Spanish couples moved to Spain, because it was taboo in Portugal. We'd rather be poor than Spanish to be honest. Our country was basically made on the purpose of not being Spanish and on having control over our territory. We're surprisingly different people, mentality-wise, mostly because of the Atlantic Ocean and the need to defend our country with a lot less people.

We do depend a lot on them economically, and we've been at peace for 200 years now, so we're cool for now.

Food: Portugal has more fish and spices, Spain has more tomatoes and grease, but both are great, honestly.

Mood: Portugal is more, melancholic, cold and quiet, Spain is more festive, warm and loud(for the most part, it's a big country).

Language: Portuguese is harder to speak and we can understand Spanish but they can't understand us. Written down it's perfectly readable both ways, as grammar is pretty much the same. We also sub everything and have a better grasp on English because of it. Spain sort of isolates itself by dubbing (much like the French and Italians), and have a harder time speaking English unless they learn it. Spanish is a very phonetically simple language that makes it hard for them to lose the accent because they aren't very used to distinguishing the nuances of vowels as well.

Portugal is to Spain like NZ is to Australia, I'd say, except Australia never really attacked NZ.

Agreed?

both are shitholes

Actually this
And yes, Portugal is cute

Portuguese are poorer, browner and hairier.

Portuguese are
>poorer
Yes
>hairier
Yes
>Browner
Not really. The division is horizontal, not vertical. South Spain > South Portugal > North Portugal > North Spain, in terms of darkness. You guys had Moors for over 200 years in the south after we kicked all ours out.

Only one can speak English.

Portugal is cool bro
united Iberia when ?
An "Iberian Union" country could be good if done properly (no Spanish PPSOE politicians allowed)

>united Iberia when ?
No thank you. We're cool like this.

>united Iberia when ?
i dont want another andalusia 2.0

>hairier
Meme+subjetive
>poorer
Yes
>browner
Absolutely fucking not.Your country was under Muslim rule for 700 hundred years,Andalusian people are as brown as Moroccan people and they spread their browness to the regions in the north of spain

tem medo caralho
o que o
>brown people in northern spain
nah dude, Galicia, Andorra and Basque Country are the whitest regions and the few moors that come usually end up leaving

we are actually whiter than most of Europe t b h

/thread

>Absolutely fucking not.Your country was under Muslim rule for 700 hundred years,Andalusian people are as brown as Moroccan people and they spread their browness to the regions in the north of spain
and you too hahahahhaa

one is shit
the other is portugal

>tem medo caralho
>o que o
I don't know what you're trying to say, but you're asking me if I'm affraid? I'm not. There's not a big enough reason to do it, and we've fought hard not to be Spain. That's literally almost all we ever did besides the discoveries.

Why join? Iberia is not gonna improve your situation or ours meaningfully. We need bigger unions like a proper EU, or smaller nimbler and more homogenous ones that can adapt faster. Iberia is an awkward middle ground, and would have even more separatists than Catalunha does.

>and you too
Not really, he's saying we kicked the moors out 200 years before you did. Not that the difference is meaningful, desu. The upper third of the peninsula was never Moor, they just payed them, but they never intermingled above the Tagus much.

Portuguese chicks are better looking ones.

one is spain the other is portugal

Eh. Not meaningfully so.

>cucks talking about an Iberian Union

The only way that you can be okay with this if you're Portuguese, is if the Spanish monarchy ceases to exist.

LMAO

we were under muslim rule for 157 years.Some of your regions were aswell but the majority of your country was ruled by muslims for more than 400 years
>uniting with a worthless defragmentated country with various cultures and languages.
Not really,we like to be portugal,you continue to be ''castille+galicia+andalusia+catalunya+basque+léon''

Not quite sure about that one, the only girls I find attractive there is when they look like foreigners.
Or maybe I'm simply tired of then because I've lived there for almost 13 years

agreed with you, spanish society dont want another andalusia lad

but both are catholic and qt right

I think you're tired
exactly,now fuck off with your spic language

portuguese are a plague in your country, wtf portugal is pretty shithole and even in france are a plague

>in france are a plague
The Portuguese in France make both countries smarter.

>The Portuguese in France make both countries smarter.
sure hahahhaa your girls are fucked by jean pierre.

oh shit

But they are. Do you see Spanish ones as better looking ones?
Spanish girls are fine, however I never figured out what's wrong with their jaws, so many of them have masculine jaws.

They have different governments, they speak different languages, they have different heritages, they eat different food, and they both have shitty economies.

Also the Portuguese are angrier.

>Also the Portuguese are angrier.
They used to, due the 2004 outcome. They're chill now.

My Spanish teacher was from Malaga. She looked like an Arab.

Kek, you know nothing about the diaspora. We sent men or full family units since most of them went to work in construction. We would never send single women, they'd be shunned here. I'm not even

In fact, Portugal is too conservative for most women to be sluts here. Even the club ones expect a lot of bullshit without giving anything in return, desu. It's what keeps Portuguese men on point if I'm honest, but it's frustrating as all hell. It's much easier to get laid past the Pyrenees.

Here as well. We do have tons that just stay at home.

>angrier
We're more sad and melancholic in general. A bit distrustful towards the Spanish, maybe, but not angry until they start crossing borders.

the Spanish are angrier in our case, always very buttblasted

>My Spanish teacher was from Malaga. She looked like an Arab.
good for you,Malaga is not Spain, is literally morocco

m8 you realise that far south and basically north africa

portugal is poor version of Galicia, nobody thinks about your country here.

and even Galicia is a shithole.

wouldn't the economical benefits be enough of an incentive? you could probably keep the national language, and maybe we could have the best of both worlds
or maybe the worst of both countries would arise
we will never know

>spanish monarchy
thats just a powerless figure
they literally exist just as an image
its the perfect representation of the christian monarchy that stopped progress in Spain for centuries

>m8 you realise that far south and basically north africa
Spaniards have moorish heritage... and we prefer Algeria than europe.

Wow, you're right! If we just ignore all the non-white Spanish then the Spanish are literally the whitest people in existence!

>poor version of Galicia
we wish
the other way around if anything

The portuguese people are descendent of the suebi germanic people that migrated from germany,our language was shaped because of that,we talk a ''russian/german'' looking version of the romance languages.The spanish language was forged by the muslims ,that's why the use alot of ayyyy and use alot of ''ua'' words like guapa.
The spanish people also have the hot headed mentality of the fucking people of the mediterranean,be it north african or italian...

And our university uniforms are so based so +1

But it's also Spain, and the people there are Spanish.

yea of course but the person he was replying to said galicia is white, I was just telling him Malaga is no where near there, its basically north Africa

are you mad we are objectively whiter than England ? see the biggest amount of moors is in the south
if you cant figure out why, the educational system in your country has failed you

>economical benefits
For us, it would be a plus, but it's not always about the money. Catalunha and Galiza have historically expressed desire to leave in spite of it. It's not like you guys are that much richer.

>thats just a powerless figure
But it's the wrong one, and the one we actively fought for 800 years.

You have to remember that no matter how much closer we are than other countries, we're very fucking old. We've been rivals for the better part of a millennium.

I like Galicia. You guys are melancholic like us and speak a superior grade of Spanish. I also love octopus.

>uniform
SENTES QUE O TEMPO, ACABOOOU

>all the non-white Spanish
all are non-white friendo, unemployment and poor.
not me, i am rich and spanish girls are unemployment gold diggers and i fuck with them

The flags

>desperate self-deprecation atack
a spaniard's trump card,unfortunetaly for you, i agree with every single word you said

"ayyy" and "guapa"
what does that have to do at all with muslims?
the few words of muslim heritage we have mostly start with "al"
almohada, alcalde, alambre, alcohol... many of this words went on to exist in other languages including Portuguese and English

Galicia doesn't have the money or power to become independent

the few independence movements in Galicia are just dumb hypster nationalists that think there will be any benefit for it and glorify the short-lived republic. kinda similar to Catalunya separatists in that

We really like our cobblestone. They don't.

Most Galician separatists in my experience have been white nationalist-type loonies who obsess over the supposed Celticness of the region.

your language is so fucking disgusting,cheap,dirty.
when you speak you look like fucking arabs/mexicans,your language isn't taken seriously anywhere.
ARRIBA YO SOY CASTILLAÑO,MIS PADRES SON MUY GUAPOS PORQUE FUERAN ESTRUPADO POR MUSULMANES

>Galicia doesn't have the money or power to become independent
No, I know that. I was just saying that they are unhappy about it, just like we'd be.

Based beautiful calçada sidewalks.

Galicia is a shithole...without Spain is somalia tier or portugal tier ( the same).

only rich regions here are basque country,Navarra,La RIoja, Catalunya , Madrid ...the rest is africa tier.

although Spain is poor for european standards so imagine portugal

Nah, I'm Scottish.

>Galicia doesn't have the money or power to become independent

i mean,they could be better than most balkans shitholes.it's kinda your fault they're not very industrialized,your centralized policies and all

>unemployment rate at 25%
>youth unemployment at 50%
So good to live in spain

>there are people that complain about Based Calçada

It's iconic and classy as fuck, I honestly don't get it

is a shithole like your country

I know Portugal isn't swimming in cash but it really doesn't show. I never got the impression that I was in anything other than a first-world European country when I went there. The cities are nice and clean, the people were surprisingly educated, insightful, and spoke good English, and I was never robbed or pickpocketed like I was while in Spain.

You can talk shit about their country but, as an outsider, I was much more impressed by Portugal than I was by Spain.

>kinda your fault they're not very industrialized
It might actually be ours.

How much of their local economy depends on fishing on Portuguese waters with EU-restricted quotas? If it fucks us it's probably worse for them.

It's a hassle to keep repaired, and skilled calceteiros are dissapearing so it's getting expensive. When it's damaged it looks terrible, but then so do the asphalt sidewalks in other countries. I still think it's worth it, to be honest.

>You can talk shit about their country but, as an outsider, I was much more impressed by Portugal than I was by Spain.
who cares you opinion? both are a pretty shit lad

>It might actually be ours.
entire portugal is poor as shit, give me a towal please.

spain is third world but portugal are even worse

That's funny because when I was there Portugal was noticably poorer and Lisbon was fairly filthy.

but worse right?
>I know Portugal isn't swimming in cash but it really doesn't show. I never got the impression that I was in anything other than a first-world European country when I went there

never say this about any country,it'll make you sound gullible or ignorant.Portugal has one of the best health care system and infrastructures in europe the only problem we have is our current debt and unemployment(which is not really bad when you understand our circumstances,11%)
Comparing countries in a crisis that have to use their budget to pay debts and countries that use their budget to invest(eastern europe) it's kind of unfair

You sound butthurt all around, honestly.

One is literally Morocco and speaks a filthy language.

que que que que que que que.

Portugal is better

Yeah,I mean,nothing beats the freshness of Manchester and Liverpool,right?

Huh? I wasn't disputing that. Reread what I wrote.

i'm talking about not knowing how we actually are and saying that you were surprised to find out about our actual conditions.

"you fokkin w0t mate"
do the british secretly have mashed potato in their mouth 24/7 so they can't speak properly

Wouldn't know, never been there.

Edinburgh lad myself.

>I was much more impressed by Portugal than I was by Spain.
Heh, we are in the red because we spend a lot of money in infrastructure. It's also a lot easier to keep a small country organised than a larger and disperse one.

Yeah, but we still have a huge exclusive sea-area, thus locking you out geographically, is what I meant.

We know about Lisbon. It really is very different from everywhere else. The main tourism areas are great, though.

Old ally keeping their seat warm. Cheers, mates!

I'm sorry we have vowels that don't register in your Arab ears.

Fling your accent in the bin.

is that your best excuse for not being able to PRO-NOUNCE proper english

m8 its europe why would you except a third world shithole. Maybe if you were go to moldova or something

shut up rat, we need destroy iberian peninsula ....is a fucking hell live here

Sorry, you're upset because I, as a foreigner, wasn't intimately acquainted with the living conditions of a country that I had never been to before and knew very little about?

Do you know everything there is to know about Cornwall, where I'm from? I doubt it. And I certainly wouldn't hold your ignorance against you.

I'm lmaoing at the thought of you trying to pronounce any of those words.

It's fine over here.

He believed in the memes, it's alright. It keeps a lot of attention away if I'm honest.

Sorry for not knowing how a canadian doesn't know about the living conditions of a western europe country part of the EU

I dunno I was in a fairly major tourist housing complex. It was pretty much deserted apart from some scummy English families and there was literally nothing to do a part from the beach.

And, again, the actual Portuguese in the town nearby seemed fairly poor.

>Cornwall, where I'm from
describe life pls is it comfy

Spain and Iberian Union are the same thing

Spaniards dont exist as an ethnicity, in Spain there are castillians, galicians, catalans, basques etc.
Spain is a geographic term, like Iberia.
When the Catholic Kings called themselves Monarchs of Spain, the Portuguese King complained because he was the King of a large chunk of Spain.

The only reason to want the hypothetical country be called Iberia instead of Spain, is if you consider the name Spain to have been tainted.

Spain is cool, I really hope our relations only get better since we are both getting fucked by the EU

I'm not Canadian (hence my being from Cornwall). And, yes, I didn't know much about Portugal because, whether you like it or not, it's a fairly irrelevant little corner of Europe.

I like how I started out defending Portugal only to be shat on by the Portuguese. I'm glad I didn't encounter tusses like you bunch while I was there.

americans and non-british europeans have an easier time understanding my english than trying to understand most brits
you could have better luck trying to learn a 2nd language to get understood outside of your country

What's the name of that region in your map?

desu Spain as a political state is a relatively recent concept
Hispania-Spain was the name of the whole peninsula in the roman era
portugal is just a kingdom within that appeared many years later, like castilla and aragon

we are already fucked.

>there was literally nothing to do a part from the beach.
You sure? You might have stayed in the large Lisbon area but not in Lisbon itself. There's no beach in Lisbon (afaik). There's lots to do in both Lisbon and Porto.

We do have a lot of poor towns though, that's true. But it's mostly a remnant of an older generation and filled with old people (above 65) because we had a rather strict fascist regime. The cities themselves aren't as bad. As soon as that generation dies off we might see an increase in production because most older people will live in the cities instead of the towns where they make for a bigger expense.

They are in defense mode. You're both saying the same thing, essentially, but he's rage blind.