Vote: poal.me/70k7ht

Guangzhou vs Seoul

Battle of Skylines Round 1 Battle 5

Bracket

Guangzhou, China

both are awful

why?

Seoul looks citier imo

Big cities with "new houses" that lack beauty and soul.

do you know that these "battles" are exclusively about the modern skylines? you know, skyscrapers and highrises, stuff like that

so I don't really get why do you complain about "new houses"

>lack beauty and soul.
what is "lacking soul"?

Anyway posting Seoul now

Seems like a stupid battle then. Modern is garbage.

Skyscrapers are for the most part cancer.

New houses don't have any history, and for the most part look like shit.

>what is "lacking soul"?
Both cities

ayyy

You really think that looks good? Even Moscow looks much better.

pls leave us user

>Seems like a stupid battle then.
well no one forces you to come here and participate, weird that you even opened the thread and posted here, didn't you read the OP?
>Modern is garbage.
no, that's your personal opinion
>New houses don't have any history
historical houses didn't have any history once they were built aswell lol

also I find it weird that you call a city founded in 18 BC "lacking history"

do you mean the general look of city? I wouldn't ever call Moscow better looking than Seoul, Seoul looks more modern, it's cleaner and better planned, both of cities are filled with highrise apartments though Seoul has actually full districts of lowrise "villas", don't know about Moscow though

>also I find it weird that you call a city founded in 18 BC "lacking history"
They seem to shit on it t b h

care to elaborate?

Guangzhou.

>Shanghai vs Miami being that close

I'm slightly rustled.

>Seoul
>Better planned
lol what

Also Moscow has much better city center

Does Seoul have any old historical city center like most European cities?

no point in even having singapore there because no one seems to like it anyway ;_;

>>Seoul
>>Better planned
>city planned by Stalin
>any good
>old low quality blocks spammed everywhere
>not pedestrian friendly, monstrous multi lane highways in the middle of city
>Also Moscow has much better city center
what is Moscow's city center?

>Does Seoul have any old historical city center like most European cities?
no Seoul is not a European city but it sure has some historical landmarks

I feel like Singapore is well appreciated here as a skyline and it has a big chance against Sydney

uh that picture is stretched

idk, usually people say that the skyline looks tacky or "who the fuck thought that boat building looked good"

>monstrous multi lane highways in the middle of city
Doesn't Seoul have this, too? Moscow at least has beltways.

seriously? I've never seen people complaining about Singapore's skyline, most people says it looks classy, most of buildings are high quality, it's really harmonic and aesthetically pleasing

it's only drawback is relatively small size and height(no supertall) but still a lot of people include Singapore into their world top 10, me too

I like that boat building, but all these pictures are from the same angle. Because the skyline only looks good from this specific viewpoint, otherwise it's just dull

Moscow actually look different from other cities, Seoul looks like a typical big copy-past Asian city.

but i personally really hate that it looks good because it makes the central business district look so flat, as if those buildings closest to the water are the only ones there which they clearly arent

but sorry about bringing my country up. this thread is supposed to be for guangzhou and seoul, not singapore

Seoul has a beltway aswell, honestly both cities aren't any good examples of city planning, but as you can see on the google maps picture he posted(don't really know what did he want to show exactly) Seoul is much more dense
>Moscow actually look different from other cities, Seoul looks like a typical big copy-past Asian city.
Did you mean "I didn't really see a lot of Asian cities so for me they all look the same"? Because for me Seoul is easily recognizeable.

>but sorry about bringing my country up. this thread is supposed to be for guangzhou and seoul, not singapore
nah not really you are allowed to post whatever you want related to cities or architecture, it's always like this in /urban/

t b h I will shill for Seoul, it'll lose anyway

No, the just look the same

all European cities look the same aswell then

How do you feel about this kind of meme architecture

looks kind dumb but not too excentric. Meh tier

Please stop posting in trip threads, guys

kind of plain and average, nothing to talk about imo

You're a pathetic cocksucker who needs the approval of others to validate his own existence. In any case, Metro Manila has a better skyline than Singapore and so why is it not in the running?

lol no, not even nordic capitals does, as they don't consist of ugly gray high-rises

If you don't like skylines etc then you are a wrong thread as this general is all about big skylines.

I think Seoul is pretty unique looking honestly, It doesn't really look like the Chinese cities because not enough height or a Japanese city (even though it shares some similarities).

Actually i think Seoul looks most similar to Taipei right now (not really close but), they have lots of low buildings, hills and a tall structure.

I think Guangzhou is "better" but my vote goes to Seoul.

Guagzhou doesn't stand out like some of the bigger and better Chinese cities and while it has some nice angles I think it is a bit "generic". Seoul with the hills and the way its built looks really cool to me especially with the new construction.

but that's just average Baltic historical city centre, you'll find buildings looking like this in any city in that region, no matter what country

also Seoul ABSOLUTELY doesn't consists only of gray high rises, as I said there are entire districts of lowrise villas

>If you don't like skylines etc then you are a wrong thread as this general is all about big skylines.
no, /urban/ + /architecture/ isn't all about big skylines, we hae a lot of traditional threads aswell, but the battles and the polls yes they are

There is absolutely no reason to build residentials above 6 floors.

In a few yers new york will be even more crowded than today, gentrified, and nobody will have a nice view anymore

Ugly but tolerable.

Manila didn't make it out of the Group Stage also it doesn't have any great skyline, literally 0 landmark towers

depends in what area, in areas of extreme population density like Manhattan, Seoul, Hong Kong it's definitely justified

but generally yes, that's why all the new neighbourhoods in Warsaw, especially these on the outskirts are only like 3-4 floors tall

>tfw not on my computer so no pics to share

I mean just look at paris central. It's dense but not that much, even with all the tourists.

And yeah I agree that some places are justified, but they're such exceptions. Like hong kong, probably the only place where something like kowloon could develop

Lübeck looks nothing like Stockholm, stop shitposting

I wouldn't really say Guangzhou doesn't stand out

in China only Pudong in Shanghai is comparable to Guangzhous CBD

How do you feel about this kind of meme architecture

What are examples of good city planning?
I can't think of any.

I've seen this image with the same filename many times but I don't understand what part of this is supposed to be cyberpunk. Is it because the houses are ugly and gray

and Seoul looks nothing like Hong Kong

give me any example of traditional East Asian architecture and I will instantly recognize it's country of origin

Stockholm has a solid one

Don't be so sure

Depends on how well it's executed, Those made of brick with sensible use of concrete seem like they'll age well, while the others won't. They also remind me of Chicago warehouses converted into lofts.

Just look at this one...

Chairs are nice desu

Have you ever driven in Stockholm? It's awful.
And it has garden cities that are filled with immigrants.
And the ring road in your picture does not exist. At least not completely. If you want to go to Östermalm from Nacka, you'll have to go through the city centre.

Dutch city planning is based thou

It was a joke

cyberpunk ≠ grey dull depressing commie shit

looks like amsterdam. Mobility in amsterdam is top tier, went there with my wheechir bound dd and we had not one problem

*wheelchair bound dad

That's great to hear. I hope the NZ-line will finish soon. It will enable us to travel from the center to Schiphol in just a few minutes.

>I can't think of any.
because generally none of big cities are actually 100% well planned

like there are districts or suburbs of Seoul that are praised for their planning but generally the city is really chaotic

generally Zurich, Copenhagen, Singapore are top tier when it comes to city planning

maybe Tokyo aswell because despite it's size you don't really have traffic issues there and public transport is efficient

posting some more of Guangzhou

Old Guangzhou

was Guangzhou damaged in war ?

I think you're missing something desu
>pic related

No, Japanese just bombed some area of this city but they didn't bomb the main area

lad this battle is about modern skylines(skyscrapers)

Oh
Hit me up when it's about my sort of shit.