What's the point of buying a phone newer than 2010? They already had everything you needed on a phone

What's the point of buying a phone newer than 2010? They already had everything you needed on a phone.

Aside from better camera if you're some kind of stalker or a teenage girl.

having things like support from the manufacturer and 3rd-party developers/vendors, not lagging like shit trying to load a wikipedia page on a limp-dick 400 MHz ARM chip, the works

I've started to get into webOS devices for their hackability and nice design, but fuck you if I ever had to use one as my sole device

>having things like support from the manufacturer and 3rd-party developers/vendors
Who the fuck even cares. I never updated my phone.

>not lagging like shit trying to load a wikipedia page on a limp-dick 400 MHz ARM chip
I can open them just fine on a 3rd gen touch.

> for their hackability
Another retarded gimmick you don't need.

>Who the fuck even cares. I never updated my phone.
of course you don't, priding yourself in being a cheap retard who uses ancient, insecure bug-ridden garbage is important to you and updating your devices would stand in opposition to that
>I can open them just fine on a 3rd gen touch.
any piece of shit can open a web page, it doesn't mean it's going to do it well
>Another retarded gimmick you don't need.
literally one of the only things I said in favor of your shitty luddite argument and you shit on it, are you even reading the posts before you cry at them?

enjoy the sage and get a fucking job already, mommy will appreciate it

>insecure
>Getting a virus from opening a wikipedia page
you sound like a retard

>any piece of shit can open a web page, it doesn't mean it's going to do it well
Holy shit it's a phone you gigantic faggot. If you want to do 50 tabs surfing turn on your fucking computer.

>literally one of the only things I said in favor of your shitty luddite argument and you shit on it
But the only one who takes pride in winning arguments for the sake of winning them is your insecure turd licker self

>enjoy the sage
Holy shit stop embarrassing yourself and head back to your reddit bookmarks.

still rocking a 4s, works great, does 95% of what newer models can do

>enjoy the sage

Bumped
Them looks, and fingerprint unlock

CPUs only got decent in 2013.

Its called upgrades, poorfag. The majority of people don't buy phones outright.

>poorfag
>Being proud of wasting money
>hahaha my mouth is so large look at all the turds i can ingest you fucking mouthlets

>thinks "security" is about viruses
are you fresh off the boat from plebbit?
>Holy shit it's a phone you gigantic faggot.
if this is your perspective then why the fuck are you using some fragile glass iShit instead of a far more durable dumbphone that's also much better for that purpose?
>But the only one who takes pride in winning arguments for the sake of winning them is your insecure turd licker self
nice projection
you have to go back
>being proud of using cast-off shit everyone else threw in the garbage years ago

if I could get a Sony Ericsson W995 with LTE and WiFi tether I would buy it straight away

thats nice

I wanted a phone with a stylus to take notes, bought a used note 3 a year ago, still happy with it.

The thread is of course started by a worthless shitskin trying to justify his retarded genes.
Fuck off.

I have iphone 4s(pic) for 2 years.
And change it ONLY on iphone 5.

The 4 is really heavy and glass backs suck. It is truly underpowered by today's standards, even with many mobile websites attempting to run anemic. The SE is the phone you're looking for.

Why not just buy a new phone???

Maybe he likes the one he has. I know some people like that who just buy a phone new and use it until it's dead. Rinse and repeat.

How it should be. Excwpt when a new gen phone comes with actual features worth upgrading for

what do you do with your old phone that still works perfectly fine?

>Aside from better camera
there you go OP, you said it yourself

camera is pretty much the only reason to get new phones

in my line of work it's pretty important

Newer phones like Galaxy S8 can emulate GameCube games like Wind Waker and F-Zero at full speed. Trying to launch Dolphin emulator on a 5 years old Android phone just crashes the app since no 64-bit support.

again, in english?

>his company doesn't buy him a flagship phone

sorry OP maybe get a job?

Because the oldest smartphone I'd willingly use came out after 2010.

>Smartphones can emulate GC
>Still need a beefy computer for PS2 emulation
I feel like younger me made the wrong choice in consoles all those years ago.

I like big screens and big batteries.

A rooted Galaxy S5 is the best phone.

Prove me wrong.

My face is the most handsome in the entire universe, prove me wrong.

Do you happen to have the Android Pay working properly?

NAND degraded by now, I'd happily use and run stuff on a 4S or Samsung Galaxy S, but the NAND degradation is pretty bad on those phones, it stopped being a problem at around early 2013 phones.

Because $100 phone in 2017 is just better and smartphones aren't made to survive +7years.

I've got the HTC Desire 530 and I hate that it has the Android Pay app, but doesn't actually have NFC which makes the app literally useless...anyone else in the same boat? I got it as an emergency phone and have prepaid service..... it was free + included a $100 T-Mobile GC (which I refuse to use) I plan on selling the card, and maybe the phone if I can get my other devices up to date heh

you mean ~2003? all the important things were there, touchscreen, colour screen, camera, installable third party applications, etc

I have been using a Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II since 2011 without issues until now. have been resetting the phone every 6 months. also can buy replacement parts dirt cheap - i changed the back and battery and got a charger and dock for it for 25$ in 2015. i didn't upgrade because i do not like the new cases available for newer phones

with package disabler pro you can disable bloatware like android pay

USB C and more the 1.5 A charging would be nice.

Android Pay is definitely not bloatware?

ugly ass design

how is it being autistic with anger issues?

Sorry for my bad english, I am from Russia.
My grandma buy that iphone 4s for me as a present for New Year in 2015.
I use it for two years.
And if I buy myself a new smartphone - that will be a iphone 5.
Now you understand me?

The iPhone 5 isn't supported anymore, at least get a 5s

I don't want to leave my fingerprints in Apple's databases.
Because being paranoic.

Your fingerprint isn't sent on the internet, it's stored in a secure enclave in the CPU. And if you don't want to use TouchID, you don't have to set it up

>poorfags trying to justify themselves

Oh, okey.
I don't know that.

Also, the OS and apps never see your fingerprint, basically they say "I need your fingerprint", you put it on the sensor, the secure enclave answers "It's the same" or not, and then the app lets you in. They don't see it themselves.

yeah the SE is a good phone and can be had second hand for cheap thanks to constantly-upgrading apple fanboys.

Okey, I get it.
It's time to buy iphone 5s!

there's a general for phonefags, please quarantine yourself there

Yup, replacing my android with an SE. Love the smaller but not too small size, the chip is fast, especially for the size, easy to grip.

Either getting the SE or the 6s but will never get the newer ones because I have good earbuds and am not fucking using shitty bluetooth dongle plastic earbuds.

You're right user.
That's why I'm still rocking a good ol' Iphone 4

The point, as always op, is to make a thread about it on Sup Forums, and receive a reply from myself