Which one?

Which one?

Other urls found in this thread:

wego.here.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

all the people relying too much on map apps will die first in the next apocalypse because they won't be able to read a paper map

open street map

Not really. A paper map has almost the same legends as a map app. It won't be that difficult.

what aspect of a paper map seems different from google maps, to you?

Also Memaps is the best for hiking and trails. Offline is amazing

>implying I don't want to die

So? What does this have to do with anything?

Eh. Not bad.

I use Scout by Telenav. Its an alright company that I haven't found any "c o i n c i d e n t a l" connections to

Google when you're in the city because it will tell you ahead of time which lane to be in which can be very convenient in tight traffic, Waze everywhere else because it notifies you of police and speed cameras

Everyone has autism here. What do you expect?

Pocketmaps, it's on Fdroid, you can download maps and be completely offline. Works with GPS and you can search for directions.

Waze tells you which lane to be in as well...

But what about muh traffic

the thing that'd cause todays phone-dependent people trouble with paper maps is actually having to read the map, instead of just listening to turn-by-turn directions. I've known several people in their mid-to-late 20s who essentially couldn't read a map, or get around without turn-by-turn.

Is that new? I haven't used it in a while, but don't recall it being as specific as Google maps

I see that you are quite an enlightened gentlesir
*tips*

if your city is large and congested enough that you have to strategize about traffic, its also large enough to have more than one radio station that will give you a traffic report every ten minutes or so.

>mfw Waze took me to Manhattan during rush hour

Years ago gmaps was best because it was fairly minimal. Sure they had some info about the place you were going to, like hours and phone and shit, but that was it.

Now gmaps is shit because it tries to be an all in one shit.

I havent tried waze in a while but didnt like it because it felt slower and more bloated, but now that gmaps sucks, maybe its better.

Both. Use whichever is better on any individual situation.

no apparently the OP is in some bizarre scenario where his phone is trash and he can only have one app on his phone. and now we have to help him make this contrived choice.

They're effectively the same. Google bought Waze, and now Waze traffic data feeds Google Maps

I use waze and it's cool. you can see other users when they are close. that's neat.

Why the fuck doesnt waze show screenshots in play store?

Fuck shit that does this.

Yandex.Maps!

((( Waze )))

Both are owned by google.

I like waze more, seems to be more active in suggesting alternative routes and such.

I had to plan out a road trip not long ago and bing maps was surprisingly good when it came to the details/printed info.

>both companies founded by jews
>both part of the largest botnet in the world
It is like asking which would you prefer, being shot point-blank with an artillery or being exploded by a giant bomb. I guess waze is worse for being literally born in Israel

Waze is very popular in Israel and was born out of our traffic problems. Waze was built by based jews.

wego.here.com/

Waze suggested route often takes a lot longer. I first noticed it on a road trip over a year ago so maybe it's been fixed since then. Google maps tends to keep you on the shortest distance route unless it gets REALLY fucked by traffic. Waze will reroute to avoid traffic even if it would be faster to just sit in it.

>Implying everyone hasn't already realized this and accepted their fate
I know I have

This. I use it with OsmAnd~.

Waze was developed by an Israeli company in conjunction with Mossad, and is still used for covert ops. Look it up if you don't believe me

The Google just works

BlackBerry Maps

Here in Yurop Waze sucks outside cities, so both interchangeably.

FOSS, uses openstreetmap, used it for 3 years and never had a problem with it.

Driving in easter Europe you pick what has the most detailed/up to date maps and which can find our moonrune adresses.
I usually use the ex-Nokia Maps if I know the address and Google Maps if it's a business or something else I can look up online in a browser and just switch to the Maps app.
Sygic used to be the best but it's been disappointing recently, it's also paid but can be used for free as well.

Waze. Google fucked me outta 4 hours of my life when I was forced to evac for hurricane Irma. Wake is still a bitch tho cuz you can't set routes over a thousand miles. Fucking newbs.

paper map doesn't show you where you are

>current year
>waiting for information

You brain adapts to whatever new situation it's confronted to, that the key to survival, not stupidly complexifying your life "just in case apocalypse" happens.

You pre-suppose that people who are addicted to their hand held devices actually are above below-average intelligence

>You brain adapts to whatever new situation it's confronted to
that's overly optimistic

wish Bing had streetview so OSM could also rip it

>Work for Mossad
>get mission to take out a terror cell
>takes maps out of kit bag
>packs iphone in tactical case with picatinny rails.

But true.

How well it deals with crisis though is how well you compartmentalize crises, and preparation helps with that.

Heh. And narration by Mr. T, FOO'!

OsmAnd, seriously, it's comfier than both and it's not bloatware