Lol Assus

>lol Assus
Do not buy Assus RX Vega. They just reused the same shitty heatsink from the 1080Ti

>RX Vega
found your problem

Here's your (You). Now fuck off.

Agreed, they should have added another fan and more heatsink, or just throw out air cooling all together and attach a 360 AIO. fuck it, sell vega with a waterblock, let the consumer worry about it.

so they didnt learn a thing slapping the 980 cooler on the strix 290-390x that also ran at 90c<
I will never buy an asus amd gpu.

>shitty heatsink from the 1080Ti

But I have an Asus 1080Ti and the heatsink is awesome.

that's because 1080Ti draws 180watts of power

RX Vega draws 400 watts

It draws more than that, but your point is still valid

5X TESTED
DUST PROOF FAN

Asus living on it's reputation back in the day. Now they have shit quality but still charge premium

Holy shit, the fanboys are here. Even a stock 1080 ti draws 250 watts. Partner GPUs can draw even more than that. Meanwhile Vega 64 uses 275 watts at stock. You only reach stupid numbers like 400 watts after insane overclocking.

t. Steve from Gamer's Nexus

Get one of these instead

My gpu ran at 85c thus whole year. Thiughts???

That's only a few degrees away from thermal shutdown. You can do it, user! Go for the gold!

>RX Vega draws 400 watts

Then maybe the real problem is AMD?

It was the 780 cooler slapped on the 290x.

Never bought an asus product
Not planning now, with my new rig
Never in the future I am gonna get an asus product.
If you buy amd chips, go for either sapphire or xfx.

Actually, if your card is in the same temperature 24/24 all year around your card will last as long as an 40*C card.

It's the heat change that make device broke not heat (at least when you not reach to 200*C)

Might be true about the GPU itself.

But other components like capacitors don't last long in heat.
This is why LED lights need proper ventilation for example, despite not generating that much heat any heat that lingers kills them over time.

>Asus RX Vega
>115c
It's a fucking DUAL CHIP card, what the FUCK did you expect?

>buying an ANUS AMD card
>ever

They always just reuse their Nvidia coolers and they're always trash. Their 290X was the worst on the market.

Irrelevant. The dies are completely different shapes. ANUS' 290X was trash because the tall and thin Hawaii die only touched a couple of their heatpipes, since the cooler was designed for the huge 780 die. It doesn't matter how much heat your cooler can potentially dissipate if if makes shit contact due to being designed for a different product.

>The heatsink is the problem, not the inefficient power hungry firestarting chip.

>Do not buy Assus RX Vega
It's not even out yet ("""""early September"""""), and nobody else has even announced custom cards. Custom Vega when? Come on Sapphire, I know you've got one cooking. Gimme a goddamn release date. Open a pre-order. Something.

Why do these threads always attract fanboys like flies on shit?

>asyone who states facts are fanboys

Again? They did that with the 290 and 780ti

>ASUS reused the shitty heatsink from 1080 Ti and now my GPU is melting!
>ASUS 1080 Ti gets to 65-70 °C max at prolonged full load
>reeeeeeeeee fuck off NOVIDEO shills

Pointing out a GPU shouldn't need watercooling or a four slot heatsink to stay below boiling temperatures doesn't make anyone a shill.

What does that have to do with gtx1080ti heatsinks?

Same here. This thread is just AMD poorfags whining over theyr melting cards.

>melting

I don't think you know what that word means.

>417c
thats way past melting

Nah its okay - i've had unigine valley report temps in excess of 2000c. AMD builds them to last.

It's a fucking DUAL CHIP, guyse. Literally nothing to see here. Why the fuck are you still shitposting here? We knew Asus had plans to shit out an Ares-like /Ve/Ga/ DUAL CHIP for quite a while now, so why the flying fuck are you surprised by those temps/power draw?

>AMD fucks with apps getting accurate readings to obscure exactly how blistering their chips get

Nah - for some reason unigine valley fucks with cpu-z randomly on my system when stress testing. The overclock probably isn't stable causing all kinds of internal derping.

Why do you care if people badmouth AMD? are you a fanboy? The fact that a GPU released in 2017 barely competes with a GPU released 15 months previous is pretty funny.

no it is not a dual GPU card. If you're talking about HBM, it's few watts of heat at most, certainly not more than GDDR5.

found the angry AMD stock investor

I was wondering what the fuck were they talking about.
The dual Vega was announced like what, a month ago? Now that's gonna be a housefire.

I think they'll go the same way they did with 295x or whatever it was called, as in releasing only a watercooled version.

I don't get why AMD always makes it difficult to read temps. Their APU's are a nightmare, always reading out 90-100 degrees. Then of course there's Ryzen.
>muh fan curves!
Just tell us the fucking readout.

To be fair the only good dual gpus released by both Nvidia and AMD have been watercooled.

>as in releasing only a watercooled version

Well duh. Can you imagine the monster of a heatsink for an air cooled dual Vega, when a triple slot heatsink has trouble keeping the temps reasonable on a single chip version?

faggots at arctic cooling know their shit and back in the day they made custom heatsinks for 6990 and 690, even though these were air coolers they performed really fucking good.
I wish AIBs went back to more open designs instead of covering every possible vent hole with plastic shrouds, maybe then we would get less throttling cards. I guess the LEDs and aggressive designs sell better than open-style slabs of aluminium heatsinks.

You can still buy the Accelero gpu coolers, I have one on a strix 390. They also updated the twin turbo and offer hybrid solutions with arctic 120 aio.

90c before the new cooler which has lower fin density
70c after. no bullshit, they fucking work.

>accelero

The raijintek morhpeus laughs at you.

(ignore the fps result - the resolution alone would kill this gpu let alone max settings)

I have two of them, Twin Turbo II (currently in use on my 980Ti, keeps that 300W monster under 80C). I also own the Extreme IV (used it with 290 but it died prematurely) but I wasn't pleased with the fact that it uses those stupid thermal pads in conjunction with the backplate to cool the vram and vrms (still, inefficiently).
Good 'ol thermal glue and small radiators are where it's at.

I'd get that shit if I was able to get it back in 2012 because that's when I got my Twin Turbo.

>releasing only a watercooled version
PowerColor does air cooled Dual-Chips, so why Anus couldn't?

it came at a hefty price, though.
But as I said earlier, the infamous Devil13 at least has some vent holes where the air has a chance escaping, as in it's not totally covered by the plastic. Gaymers apparently need muh leds more than good cooling performance.

I used the x3 and the og backplate on the asus.
used thermal pads to stock bp and added all the vrm heatsinks. kept it pretty good. X4 gas the neat backp[late and the brace but is missing any front side cooling.

my strix 480 is actually retardedly good but I guess it's not a furnace like Fury and Vega