Two xeons can barely compete with a single epyc

>two xeons can barely compete with a single epyc

It's over, AMD won this round.

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=epyc-7601-linux

Simply EBYN :-------DDDDDDD

No... It's EPYC

And if you need GPU compute, just buy the cheapest ebyn and you still have 128 lanes for 8-way compute at 16x.
Literally no way for Intel to compete.

Or if you want 24 NVMe drives in one system.

Is that two brand new intel Xeon Gold shiny precious metal so you know its good goy SKUs?
Pretty impressive feat there. Looks like the 1P Epyc has a substantial lead there as well.

Sup Forums meme of the year :DDD

EBYN :--------DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

PLS BUY INTEL

Oy vey?

DELID THIS

HE BINGBUS NUFFIN

you're months late

>Running Darktable on server CPUs
Why?

This. What we really need is gaymen benchmarks. After all that's what all sysadmins do on servers anyway.

I bet it still won't get that much marketshare, because of customer inertia.

Intel could replace every other CPU shipped to customers with feces and it would still win in the market, sadly.

Dual 2680 v1s here.

Fuck.

For servers not really, since they are all replaced at once.
Why go intel when Dell will probably offer you AMD servers with more cores and even cheaper?

probably modern version of
>nobody got fired for buying IBM
and other big guy VS small guy factors

I think a lot of the Chink companies might go with EPYC right now because of cost, the insane I/O, and the security.
Now, I'm not exactly sure about the details, but I've seen guys who know what they're talking about say that EPYC has better security, and no known backdoors (unlike Intel). Also full RAM encryption or something. I don't know shit about this, but the Chinks liked the security, so maybe someone with more knowledge can pipe up.
The Chinks like EPYC though, and they for sure need to buy more servers now for their massively growing online space, I think AMD can get them onboard.

>Also full RAM encryption or something
It has this.
It makes insane security for hypervisors, if something ever breaks it's container, the memory is encrypted and useless.
Unless it performs a ring exploit and somehow grabs keys but then you have a whole 'nother problem on your hands.

Even the shitty consumer chips let you do this and include ECC controllers.
I want a solid thick lenovo shit laptop with this and I'll probably never trade it.

based AMD did it they captured and recreated the excitement there was when I first got into computers