ITT: nomacs attempt to find ONE laptop that can compete with the 12" MacBook for less money...

ITT: nomacs attempt to find ONE laptop that can compete with the 12" MacBook for less money, in order to support their unfounded 'macs are overpriced'-meme.
>weight: 920g
>thickness: 13mm
>265GB ssd
>display: 2304x1440
>God-tier touchpad and keyboard
All for $1,299.
Can't do it huh? Thought so.

Other urls found in this thread:

ultrabookreview.com/11984-asus-zenbook-ux390ua-review/#a6)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Slower than a C2D from 2007
>$1299
Yeah, it's hard to beat that.

>Core2Duo tier performance

X1 Carbon Gen 5.

I have an i3 6100u and it seems to have similar performance. Is it really that bad?

Thicker, heavier and more expensive

The 12" MacBook literally has C2D performance. The only thing it has going for it is AES and decent graphics performance (when compared to the abysmal C2D era GMA950), so it technically is still considerably better than a C2D, but for general purposes it's just as bad.

Wow thats insane for such an expensive computer. I got a whole powerful desktop with a 144hz monitor for less.

T H R O T T L E

'nuf said

What laptop is that? I don't know that brand

Well name a model if it's so easy

Dude, the Keyboard feels like hot garbage compared to anything else I've typed on. It feels like it has 1 nanometer of travel and is made out of cheap plastic.

Xiaomi Air 12.

That keyboard alone annihillates any justification for the price.

I gothya senpai

how much does that weigh, what's the screen resolution? and why is the trackpad off center? why do you think 15.6 inches compares with 12? that's hugefuck compared to the macbook.

also whats the battery life

see how they advertise the device with cad software running? Tha'ts because its not a facebook machine for teenage girls or "hackers".

Finally a real answer. Still slightly heavier, a worse screen and only half the ram and storage but we're getting somewhere.
>15.6"
This is a joke right? How much does that thing weigh?

>he runs anything heavy duty locally
>his programming language of choice doesn't have a web ui

12 inches is the size of a large human dick not a laptop. The p51 only weights 2.5kg. Battery lasts over 8 hours during continuous use with screen on.

Yeah solid works and matlab will be run on a local machine you fucking cuck.

Its beautiful and all but we are all in agreement that you need a vagina to buy this and not just get a pro right?

>programming language
>web ui
What the fuck are you talking about?

"pro"

Holy fuck you thinkcucks are retarded. I don't buy a MacBook for the fucking power, I buy it because it's easily the most portable laptop around.

The MB weighs 2 pounds--less than half of that shitbox you posted. According to reviews the MB lasts 13.5 hours on web browsing and productivity apps.

People who buy the MB don't want hurrdurr solidworlds. They want a competent computer with a keyboard for word processing, web productivity, and other general shit. Why do you all fail to see this?

More like a Web IDE, which is still a stupid idea.

They were, but not anymore.

Run my own cloud9 instance, it's fucking amazing. It especially helps when I'm constantly going from a work computer/laptop/my computer/my laptop.

That's 2.5 times as heavy and half the battery life. Even if that is a good laptop it's a completely different machine for a completely different audience. Doesn't exactly compete, does it?

I get your argument but you are taking less machine for the same money. I would rather carry around a bit more weight which doesn't affect me at all and have a device that does not limit me int he future. what if i want to learn solid works? Film something? Why would i limit myself with hardware if i am spending the money anyway? You throw your laptop in a bag and then put it on a desk you are not holding it out in your outstretched arms. Thinkpad is tehcnically superior, far more rugged, and costs the same. You may find it to be a stupid decision but some people don't and it certainly doesn't hurt anyone to bring it up.

Thickness really shouldn't matter enough to be included, most modern laptops are reasonably thin.

The weight - battery life - screen quality - fanlessness alone make it stand out. Doubt there will be any alternatives in the next 3-4 years. It took Windows laptops almost half a decade just to keep up with Air.

I use it for rstudio and it's so much better than running it locally.

Unless you need the extra power or screen space, what's the point to buy Pro? The most underrated benefit of MB is the lack of fan.

Your point is completely valid and I agree--I don't own a MB, but a rMBP that weighs twice as much and has less battery too.

But the point is that laptop exists in it's own category for people who DO care about being as light as humanly possible while retaining /some/ sort of competency.

I just specced it with a 1tb ssd and a 4gb radeon 560 and it costs more than a fucking xeon workstation and you cant even get more than 16gb of slow ram lol.

They show a fake CAD program to hide the fact that it runs Windows.

Apple shows the operating system and some built in apps, because that’s what comes in the box.

No fakeries.

that is fair

Mibook air? It has a liitle bit worse resolution(fullhd), roughly same cpu/ssd/memory, roughly same thickness and only 100g heavier, but it costs like 500 bucks.

>The 12" MacBook literally has C2D performance
Elaborate.

it shows windows on the bottom
mac can't even run a serious cad program.

Fair alternative and a lot cheaper but I can't imagine running W10 with 4gb ram. That must be a pain.
Still the closest we've gotten so far.

Apple iSlow McThrottlebook.

> liitle bit worse resolution(fullhd)
Told you.

>AutoCAD is not a serious CAD program

It's 300g heavier and the screen is much worse (900p)

what about this?

>doing work that requires any kind of performance on a fucking laptop
Why is your time so worthless? Some cheap ass desktop would run circles around any "workstation" laptop.

12.5 is fullhd and 1.07kg, what are you talking about?

See , , and

>15.6"
Are you niggas even trying?

What is catia

Very decent laptop but not in the same category. See and the series of replies

You said MacOS doesn't have "serious" CAD software, and I point out that you're wrong. AutoCAD is the de facto CAD software in the mechE/Aero industry. It exists on Mac. How again does Mac not have "serious" CAD?

while it is pretty impressive, its 15.6"

>try again

also: 1 year warranty, why is this allowed to happen now? THis pisses me off so much, apple started this tho

Enough for facebook and checking mail.

Ah, confused it with something else. Damn, the chinks even copy names these days.

Well, shit screen alone should disqualify it.

is this better?

It actually is not everyone uses solidworks.

>1 year warranty, why is this allowed to happen now? THis pisses me off so much, apple started this tho

In the EU there is a mandatory 2 year minimum warranty on all electronics.
But Apple has weaseled themselves out of it by paying a hefty fine which is still less than having to replace all the Apple products that break after 1 year but before 2.

Damn, probably the closest one I've seen as a valid competitor. Except it's only 1080p, has an active fan, and reviews state only 6 hours of battery (less than half of MB) with light browsing (ultrabookreview.com/11984-asus-zenbook-ux390ua-review/#a6)

All talking bullshit but anyone can suggest a better laptop. REEEEEE

Truth

AutoCAD was popular in the 1990's, but not anymore.
But more to the point you can't run CAD software in a Throttlebook.

I've worked at NASA Langley, Northrup Grumman, and and Lockheed. Literally every single engineer I saw was using AutoCAD.

It has an actual cpu instead of m3 garbage.

It doesn't exist nor would anyone with any understanding content it. Besides they all run shitty OSs. What's the point of this thread?

Northrup -> Northrop

>God-tier touchpad
Yes
>and keyboard
Get the fuck out

can you help me engineer my suicide

>he never used core m

The m3 is actually way more powerful than that i7 you're flaunting. Check the benchmarks.

Who gives a fuck, can I have removable batteries please?

It's actually pretty amazing, specially the updated version.

I would honestly jsut get the UX330UA-AH5Q 1 with a qhd display for 700 dollars and call it a day just as thin and light with a decent i5

I just went to Boeing they they use catia you pleb. The government uses solidworks and so does every major university because most major companies use it as well... go larp on another board

Why? It's $500. Less than half for a glorified facebook machine. Anything with the air's cpu isn't going to be doing serious work.

>macfags so weak that they will spend twice as much for a laptop so their manlet arms can carry it over their shoulder in their manbag

Literally no one uses autocad you are full of shit.

No, it's not. M3 roughlt same as mobile pentiums, except they are consuming much less power.

Apple keyboard are actually God tier for their target audience: people who type with two fingers.

That's a 15" manbag though.

This is more like it.

Who gives a damn about the price? We're still talking about pretty small sums, even before considering that most people use their laptops for 3-4 years.

A shit screen makes it pointless, even for muh FB.

Not really. In most workloads they are identical to any other mobile chip. Only for some long lasting load like vidya or encoding a 4k movie is where you will notice a difference, and neither of the tasks makes sense on a laptop.

6y30 226 points in cb, p4405u 210, 7500u 336

>muh benchmarks
Guess that means iPhone X is faster than most laptops too, rite?

Pretty good, but apart from the point in it's also $200 more expensive so that doesn't do much for the overpriced meme.

This is same architecture on same os, retard.

x1 carbon
you'd have to be the epitome of effete numale to think the size difference mattered
>all benchmarks are exactly the same

its some random amazon find with a 512 gb ssd and a far better cpu the asus mentioned here is still better than the macbook and costs half as much

Thicker, heavier and more expensive.

that keyboard is terrible

X220
Fuck your faggot criteria

Larger laptop screens are always better up to a maximum of 17.3" Anything more and then it starts to be difficult to carry. If you can't carry a 17 inch laptop, you need to lift more.

And still close to meaningless to tell the real world performance. Also 2017 got 265.

All benchmarks are mostly disconnected from real world performance for sure. Specially if they don't include the entire system. A fast CPU but HDD will suck at most normal tasks for example.

Enjoy using a 17" laptop in a plane.

Most bags won't fit a 17" laptop.

But 15" should be fine, yes.
Smaller laptops are more a fashion statement than to do with anything practical.

It's not. You can get a much better cpu and the 1440p display for $60 less. $60 more gets you the 256gb nvme drive.

>Enjoy using a 17" laptop in a plane.

Why wouldn't he enjoy that?

Just don't do it OP, you won't change anyone's mind here. Look at the replies and see how obtuse they are. I have the Macbook 12" and I work on it on daily basis (programming and server management) while my much powerful workstation collects dust. There would be too much to say to explain why the situation is so, but it would be in vain. Even if a perfect copy hardware-wise existed running Windows or some other OS, it still wouldn't be the same thing. You are just collecting naive responses linking Lenovo, Asus and similar stuff.

The mb already has a 256. Also link?

My backpack fits my 17" laptop just fine. Stop carrying your laptop in a purse.

Even most first class seats don't offer a sufficient table and using it on a lap is just annoying. Why do people have to ignore basic real world situations and comfort to justify their autism? If it were to Sup Forums, we'd be still walking around with 10k shitboxes the size of a small desktop.

They're getting really frequent, aren't they?

Does the $1299 have 512 gb SSD and an i7?

I could point out several flaws in your methodology as well, faggot.

Let's just say that your MU/$ isn't controlled in any way.