Sup Forums What is your excuse for not knowing Commodore 64 BASIC?

classiccmp.org/cini/pdf/Commodore/C64 Programmer's Reference Guide.pdf

The Commodore 64 is 35 years old

Because It's been 30+ years since I used one.

because i don't actually know how to program anything past hello world
i just like shitposting on Sup Forums

I have no reason to know it

35... Isn't that long ago.

Because I was born after it was released and I'm not *checks thread* in my late 30s or 40s? But younger?

8-bits are boring, gutless and toyish, at least shill something more platform-independent.

You kids and you're newfangled pee dee effs.

it's the worst BASIC you could possibly use

I once knew some Sharp MZ 700 Basic. Is that sufficient to not having to find an excuse?

>I know C
>not having a midlife crisis
Why the fuck would I?

Because I had an Apple?

so you're a jap?

Atari 65XE

I have beginner's knowledge of C64 BASIC and some Microsoft Advanced Basic (BASICA). How can I get a job?

No, German. Found that thing in the cellar when I was 8 or 9. Belonged to my father. He was using an Atari then.

because every other computer at the time had a version of basic that was miles better

Because I grew up on an Apple //e programming Applesoft BASIC

Stop fucking implying, everybody here who isn't neo-Sup Forums probably knows it pretty well.

Also, V2 sucks ass. V4 and up is where it's at.
Other versions of Microsoft BASIC on other machines where better though then on the C64, even on the PET it made more sense.

Says the guy who probably never written anything in assembly for any 8-bit machines and probably never even used a machine language monitor.
What am I talking about, by your post it seems you only think C64 and related where the only 8-bit machines in existence.

Because I was an Atari master race kid and know Atari BASIC.

10 PRINT "OP IS A FAG"
20 GOTO 10

Sick!

i only knew basica and quickbasic

mine still works. i even have disk drive, although i have only one floppy and it's unreadable

i actually thoight about trying to write some simple demo, just to fuck around. not in basic, i'd write code and record it on cassette.

gather more people for general and we can have our little circlejerk demoscene. you poor people can run it on emulators

Nice! Love the idea about distributing tape only. Old school, and only for the truly dedicated.

I have a C64 breadbox that works. No disk drive or tape drive yet though. Those will be my next pieces once I get the dough. Until then, I'm using VICE for brushing up on my programming. I always wanted to learn as a kid but I was too impatient for it back then. Now that I'm older I'm diving in head first.

iFag detected.

I whipped up this tasty morsel the other day.

I don't have a C64 but I do want to learn BASIC.

I had a Sega SC-3000 growing up, so I learned BASIC on that.

I'd fuck around with it if the opportunity presented itself but no, I haven't really. I'm definitely mainly shitting on later home micros but I'm well aware of the existence of S-100 and similar systems, but those never really interested me either. I tend to like higher-end stuff.

LOAD “*”,8,1 is all I remember now from my C64 days

Edit to add: this was created in the VICE C64 emulator. It's a custom theme I programmed with a little music jingle. Onto sprites next...

I do and use it often. I love my C64.

Nice! What kind of stuff do you program?

i started out on a ibm XT so I ended up learning GW-Basic instead, followed by QBasic

I know amigaBASIC instead
[aretherespoilerson/g/?]well no i dont but I own an old amiga[maybe?]

Never actually owned an Altair. My first computer was an IMSAI 8080, though. Arguably the first PC "clone" to ever hit the market.

Being under 40. That's my excuse