Concerning gaymers and Linux

I see on Sup Forums that almosty everyone uses linux, and the linux users always shit on gaymers for using windows. You want to know why? Look deep into yourselves. Linux users DO play games, its just that the OS is the game. I take it back. Linux is not an OS. It's a hobby for aspies. Its a timesink. You dont do anything. You spend hours and hours customizing it to be just right. Then, you do nothing with it except do it again. Eventually, youll get bored and "distro hop", even though the last one worked just fine. I used to be that way too. I know windows is probably a botnet, but at least you can do stuff with it. I recommend using 8.1 or 10 LTSB 2016. I will repeat one last time. Linux is NOT an OS. It is a timesink. It is a waste of a hobby. It is an outlet for the mannuerisms of an aspie. The only thing it is useful for is servers. Just use Windows (or if you have money, buy a Mac). Youll be better off.

Other urls found in this thread:

archlinux.org/packages/
aur.archlinux.org/
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cringe
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

delet this

>assumptions
>baseless accusations
>shitposting
>bbt reaction image
If you're going to strawman I'm going to as well.
Kindly fuck off you underage shit stain

I don't customize shit, and I play Windows games in Linux. I find it far more productive to do everything from one OS. Nice memes, though, they made me nostalgic for 2001.

What do you do on your linux desktop besides customizing it, updating it, and browsing the chans? I'm willing to bet you and many other people fit this steoreotype.

That's mostly right, except I'm past distro hopping. And I don't really agree that it's a waste of a hobby. I have so much fun with it I can't imagine doing much else.

Raja pls

Software development, video games, communication with family around the world. The exact same stuff that I would do on Windows

True, but 2/3rds of the equivalent software on linux is objectively worse. This also includes basic drivers.

Who hurt you?

>Sup Forumstards in charge of telling anyone what qualifies as a waste of time.
Back to your Call of Duty, shitstain.

Except I've never run into that issue. I can wireless print from my Linux machine, my graphics run fine on all the games I play.
>Objectively worse
Good source on that claim

someone here must have called him a faggot for wanting to play games kek

2021 is going to be the year of Wine/Linux

You almost speak as though you know what you're talking about.

Not close enough, though, shit stain.

>Sup Forumstards in charge of telling anyone what qualifies as good software
Back to pacman -Syu - ing, shitstain

>caring about market share
good goy

Guise, I just caught my eight year old brother shitposting. Sorry about that, we just put him in his jammies and sent him to bed as a punishment. Sorry.

>uses a great package management program for an insult

It works, but not as well. Graphics drivers (proprietary or not) are all a notch below the windows equivalent.

enterprise is fine for everyday use, just take 10-15 min to turn off every telemetry craps in command prompt

Nvidia drivers work just as well on linux as they do on windows.

an os that needs a fucking software manager

Good source on that claim. I've had nothing but positive experiences with my graphics drivers

You've done it now, nigger.

>his OS forces him to manage his software by hand
But you're used to do mundane repetitive work, so it's not a problem for you, eh Pajeet?

750 ti here
35 - 75 fps TF2 on linux (driver 349 and 375)
150 - 250 fps TF2 on Windows
same settings btw

>having a streamlined, simple way to manage all the software you download is bad
winfags everyone

I thought the same until I benchmarked my gpu's on Linux and Windows. Just about the same scores,surprisingly.

>(driver 349 and 375)
The latest nvidia is 386.69-2 for my distribution. Get off of debian.

>Linux users DO play games
But I don't

WOOOOOOOOO! You've gotta install it ONCE! HOLY SHIT! WHAT IS THIS? THE STONE AGE!

lol this was like 3 months ago on ubuntu, i just the linux ship already

Genuine kek

*jumped

>pacman is a good package management program

My os only has me install it once as well. Any software I use is updated through one spot, through one line of command prompt. It's far better than having the OS creator check for updates on my system, then my browser company, and then my GPU company, and then my word processing company, etc etc.

>winfag thinks its great to install every program by hand if its only once
Holy shit, they weren't lying about the windows stockholm syndrome.

Same. I laughed almost as hard as when Windows started offering Linux as a feature in their shitty OS.

>implying it isn't

What if I told you that outside of securing food and shelter literally everything we do is a game

>fast
>written in C
>elegant syntax
>just werks

At least windows has software

...but user I do play games in Linux?

Native:
>CS:GO
>DOTA 2

Wine:
>Hearthstone

You can game just fine on Linux if you use a decent distro and run native stuff from Steam (labeled under SteamOS + Linux)...

>it just werkz

or maybe you could get a job and starting using your computer for what it is, a tool. Make sure it fufills the use-case scenarios of the end-user, e.g web browsing, torrents, media and if it does these things, fine. All you autists whining about how people use computers when all they can manage to do is reinstall operating systems. Man I didn't quite realise how this autisim was holding you guys back, please get some help Sup Forums

>All this software on Linux
>Lol at least Windows has software
Let me guess, the moment people start listing software Linux has you'll begin moving goalposts and going back on what you meant to say vs what you said. Kindly kill yourself, you shitposting fuck

You mean 99% malware.

>arch
archlinux.org/packages/
>15862
>aur
aur.archlinux.org/
>43126

>hating on hobbies
>implying linux have no games
>implying I have no job
10/10 made me reply

(You)

I've got about 15 games installed with Wine Staging and zero tweaks involved. Shit just werks now. Granted, it's not the same performance as native, but it's not as though I consider myself a (lol) "professional gamer".

my point exactly
an os is supposed to be a platform for users to use software, not be the software in question that gets used

Windows and OSX users, how does it feel to know there's an entire group of individuals who are better with computers than you are? Meet GNU+Linux users. They are better than you.

They understand the hardware better. They understand the basic principles of computer science better. They know how networks work better than you. They understand the pros and cons of filesystems (including NTFS and HFS+) because with GNU+Linux you get to choose filesystems. They can probably program, too, since learning a scripting language vastly improves productivity under GNU+Linux (and this really pisses you off, since programming was one thing you always wanted to do but could never really find any practical projects to work towards.) Oh, and they probably know Windows better than you, too, since most advanced GNU+Linux users these days are ex-Windows and ex-OS X users who managed to learn GNU+Linux years ago when it was much less "user friendly."

At this point, a confident individual would admit to himself that he has a lot to learn about GNU+Linux and computers in general, but since you lack the self esteem to do that you run back to Windows or OS X, install a MMORPG and keep repeating to yourself "at least I can run games or look pretty. At least I can run games or look pretty." You're also probably very pleased about being able to sync with your horribly restrictive DAP... because Microsoft or Apple have somehow managed to convince you that being shiny is the most important thing to consider when buying a device.

At this point you probably rationalize "well the only thing I know is Windows or OS X, so I must be a Windows or OS X expert!" as if knowing only one thing makes you an automatic expert, or that learning GNU+Linux forces you to forget how to use Windows or OS X entirely.

Meet GNU+Linux users. They're better than you.

I laughed, and I enjoy using Linux
I cringed, and I enjoy using Linux. What garbage pasta

>windows winner
i fucking kek'd

>cringe

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cringe
Definition 4

Wait. So which is it? Computers are for gayming? Or, computers are for work? You mongolista's keep changing your positions on the subject.

if loonix users knew the hardware better, why are graphics and wireless drivers so ass? the only good drivers in linux are printers

>the author of the pic included "muh games" and Sup Forums memes on chad
>he literally placed video games on a character archetype that is supposed to be a winner in life
Why are Sup Forums fags so salty about Sup Forums that they need to invade our board? Holy shit that one is so obvious. Who hurt them?

I presume you were using the open-source drivers instead of the proprietary ones that NVIDIA supplies themselves

>loses argument
>shifts argument to different subject to win
>still loses argument

Nice memes.

its for anything. the purpose of an os is to provide a platform for software to be used. linux is not that. linux IS the software being used, and the only way any of you Sup Forumstards use it is to customize it, which is objectively a waste of time.

>Windows Winner
>Those flailing arms
>That gay assed hair

>Installed youbantoh
>it just werks

I would only use this pasta as false flag

>Meet GNU+Linux users. They're better than you.
Shows you how much they know, doesn't it.
Fed lies and distortions from an early age, they have no idea what an application program is because the only one they can use is a browser, which is usually a derivitave of WebKit.
Their biggest boast is that they can run some Windows programs.
And a ~2% market share on the desktop.

>Windows isn't software being used

>customizing it to make using the other software I use more efficient is a waste of time

I can't quite follow you there

>why are graphics and wireless drivers so ass?
They aren't. If you could get your Tard-Handler to install them for you, you'd see.

Windows is fucking gay hahahaha why do people even make games for that slow ass piece of shit OS lol fucking BSOD nine times a day lmao malware wannacrypt niggers hahahahahaa

winfags are more retarded than mac users, this is a demonstrable fact

>he is not able to use a copy his OS kernel in userspace
Yes, it is possible to run linux along other software separately within GNU/Linux, too bad your fisherprice OS will never give you that capability. GNU/Linux can be used literally for anything, even for itself.
>inb4 i'm to dumb to understand this

>this post
>bbt gif

fucking hang yourself

>Taking a bait meant to put Linux users in a bad light seriously

bazinga :(

Yeah I keep Windows on a USB hard drive that I only plug in for certain games. It's just not usable as a daily driver, though. It's just a big fucking mess. Maybe one day they'll axe Windows 10 and create a brand new OS from scratch, none of this "slaps some bullshit on top of Windows 8 and just keep releasing broken updates for it". Until then though, it's just too unusuable.

Linux is fun to play with. People do it as a hobby.

Yes, Windows can do everything better and more efficiently with significantly less time investment.

No, it's not a very productive hobby. Hobbies aren't really meant to be productive anyway.

Windows doesn't even have a usuable shell.

TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

How much experience do you have with either system, truly?
This

>be on windows
>want updates to programs
>have to have a million 'updater' services running in the background

awesome

>big bang theory
>retarded post from some obvious autist who has never done anything more technical than deleting system32 because some kid on tf2 told him to

i hope you get raped

I use live drives when a pc has taken a shit. I barely do anything on computers these days anyway.

As an end user, it is stupid to use Linux because why would you? Windows has its inconveniences at times but as an end user you're looking for something to do everything for you. It isn't the end users fault Windows isn't perfect and in fact it's not even microsoft's as the goal of Windows is to be compatible. They do a pretty good job of supporting hardware for thousands of companies.

People who brag about knowing more about computers because they use Linux can get fucked because nobody cares.

Nothing is perfect, people are retarded about pretty much everything, and Linux is never gonna gain any traction because there are different distros and that just confuses people.

most of your "software" is malware lol

I do things no Windows user could ever dream of.

compile ANYTHING without a 500gb IDE that uses all your CPU's processing power just to open the IDE lol

Linux is more convenient.

I installed Ubuntu a couple months ago as I was sick of Debian's shit, I spent 1 hour customizing it and that was it, I don't even touch anything but Unity Tweaker to change the GTK themes between day and night

it IS software, but the goal of windows is too be a platform for programs and applications to be used

sorry if i worded that confusingly

Windows is fucking garbage lol why are you autists shilling it? Macs I can understand, they just work, but if you can't afford it you're honestly just better off with Linux. Windows can't do anything for very long without shitting the bed due to some failed update borking the system, or some piece of malware fucking your shit up, or a random BSOD even though your computer was just idling.

who fucking cares, not the billion and a half people who use it just fine

>normalfags use windows so it's good
great argument

The same is true of the Linux kernel + GNU userspace.

i used to love using linux, would always distro hop after a week or so of using it. favorites were manjaro and ubuntu, but have used debian, mint, antergos, fedora, and opensuse too. eventually i got bored of doing nothing but customizing the toolbars and shit and posting in screenfetch threads, so now i use windows

well if tech illiterate retards use it then it must be good

>windows isn't usable for any serious developers or engineers
>that's okay because the majority of people just want to play videogames and browse facebook
So you're saying that Windows just turns your computer into a glorified videogame console and facebook machine?

Linux is actually more convenient.