Tfw you want to jump on the Sup Forums Apple-hating bandwagon but you just can't when you see it's the only big...

>tfw you want to jump on the Sup Forums Apple-hating bandwagon but you just can't when you see it's the only big corporation that actually protects its users, cares about privacy, and doesn't want to sell you to a fucking Botnet

Other urls found in this thread:

apple.com/privacy/
apple.com/privacy/privacy-policy/
google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
wired.com/2010/03/report-apple-to-unveil-new-ad-format-following-ipad/
eff.org/privacybadger
christopherwink.com/2011/10/06/steve-jobs-i-dont-want-to-see-us-descend-into-a-nation-of-bloggers-video/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

good cop bad cop
it's a show, life is a stage, all the actors go out for drinks after

Apple: 1
Botnet:0

your move, botnet

I'm really fucking glad they do this.

I work in marketing, and we absolutely rape peoples privacy.

"Come home, white man"

>tfw hackintosh

Who uncucked by both botnet and aplel here?

Of course they do.

The advertised stance on privacy
apple.com/privacy/

The actual privacy policy
apple.com/privacy/privacy-policy/

For comparison, Google's policy
google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/

They just want to make their ad/marketing system more valuable by reducing the "quality" of the competitions ad systems.

There are no good guys in the corporate world.

Doesn't Microsoft introduced this with windows 8?

>cellular data on iPad
>wife material

Same here. Nothing better than an excellent hackintosh.

wake up sheeple.
youtube edits viewcounts and statistics
the "hottest hits" on the radio are bought and paid for long before anyone has ever heard of them
"trending topics" on twitter are spread by bots

you're in a zoo

I love the autistic screeching that the ad agencies are doing. Apple gave them plenty of time to adapt their policies to respect the Do Not Track request. They wanted to act scummy and ignore it, so now Apple is FORCING them to respect it, and they are whining.

Based Apple
Is Apple, dare I say, /ourCorp/ ?

I wouldn't go that far. Regarding mainstream phone OS's, it's really deciding which puddle of vomit you want to drink. Apple's is the least rancid, but that doesn't make it good.

Internet ad execs should kill themselves. Fucking parasites.

For once it was a good move. But a good move doesn't repay all the bad moves they've done before

>doesnt want to sell you to a fucking Botnet

of course, not they hate the concurrency

they are just too retard to make money datamining their users... for now

I think its more a realization that there are a significant amount of users that are willing to pay more to not be datamined.

>closed source
>not botnet
Cute.

Like refusing to install backdoors taking the FBI to court and having the most secure phone on the market? For all the shit they get they have users privacy fucking high up on their list to give a shit about.

Would rather Apple in charge of my privacy any day of the week over googlesbotnet.

Wonder if latest OS X will work on a PC with a 7900GS

I'd bet my dick that most closed source software are not botnets.

Of course not. Most closed source software is just proprietary specialty programs that they don't want replicated, such as SCADA programs to run power plant equipment via a computer. That software costs thousands of dollars per installation. They have no interest in making a profit on user data.

Why do ad agencies go out of their way to look as scummy as possible

Tell us more, if you can.

You'd lose that bet as there is no way to verify that condition.
Making a bet that cannot be completed is as good as losing it.

Hence why they're all botnets- it is fundamentally impossible to prove that they aren't, since the end users do not have access to the code and what the software actually does.

While there is reverse engineering, that only allows you to see what it does while you're looking at it. You only explore the code paths that are used rather than potential code paths.

If you'll remember iAds...
wired.com/2010/03/report-apple-to-unveil-new-ad-format-following-ipad/

>can deliver ads based on gender, age, household income, location, time, ethnicity and education
>ethnicity

To give you an idea, even Google, lord and master of collecting all your information to resell, won't let users of Adwords/personalized advertising target you based on ethnicity. Apple collected this information, packaged it with your iTunes information, and resold it for marketing.

>But iAds isn't even around anymore!
But it's the same damn company, and you're a fool to believe that they've remotely changed in their goals to invade your privacy even more so than other companies out there. There are many a reason why they want you in their walled garden and nowhere else. It keeps them in the green, selling all-access passes to what they learn from you, in their garden.

They seem to think that tracking you around is a feature that most people will enjoy, as it allows them to tailor-make ads for you, and that anyone who doesn't want that either will never click on an ad or doesn't understand what most people want.

How is that different from cookie blocking policies + uBlock?

>You'd lose that bet as there is no way to verify that condition.
If the condition couldn't be verified, I wouldn't be a winner. It'd be a stalemate, as we would've never found out which side was correct.
>Hence why they're all botnets
*Hence why I assume they're all botnets

>we won't give your cookies to other website and we'd definitely take your face scan and finger prints

Are you people really this easy to play?This is just another mind game by Apple to silence the people who called them out on taking face scans

lol are you talking about that shitty "please dont track me" checkbox? Yeah everyone ignores those.

They can't legally do that unless the browser enables DNT automatically.

oh, like how telemarketers can't call you if you're on the do not call list? Hah.

Privacy Badger exists for this reason, dumbass.

I haven't had a telemarketer call in years. Strangely enough they stopped calling after my number was added to the do not call list.

Daily remainder that apple is a part of prism botnet.
Also nothing new about blocking tracking. Sup Forums know how to do so. Normalfags don't care

eff.org/privacybadger
>Actually, nothing in the Privacy Badger code is specifically written to block ads. Rather, it focuses on disallowing any visible or invisible "third party" scripts or images that appear to be tracking you even though you specifically denied consent by sending a Do Not Track header. It just so happens that most (but not all) of these third party trackers are advertisements. When you see an ad, the ad sees you, and can track you. Privacy Badger is here to stop that.

A law without consequence is a meaningless law.

>it now sends "do not track" to web sights
truely an innovative innovations apple u geniouse

>taking the FBI to court
It's just theater.

RequestPolicy makes this addon redundant, right?

>can't spell
>also can't read
Sup Forums

That's because there are legal consequences to calling a number on the do not call list.
There's no legal consequences to tracking a DNT =1

Found the fucking retard

Feel free to open the link I included.

>Privacy Badger was born out of our desire to be able to recommend a single extension that would automatically analyze and block any tracker or ad that violated the principle of user consent; which could function well without any settings, knowledge, or configuration by the user; which is produced by an organization that is unambiguously working for its users rather than for advertisers; and which uses algorithmic methods to decide what is and isn't tracking. Although we like Disconnect, Adblock Plus, Ghostery and similar products (in fact Privacy Badger is based on the ABP code!), none of them are exactly what we were looking for. In our testing, all of them required some custom configuration to block non-consensual trackers. Several of these extensions have business models that we weren't entirely comfortable with. And EFF hopes that by developing rigorous algorithmic and policy methods for detecting and preventing non-consensual tracking, we'll produce a codebase that could in fact be adopted by those other extensions, or by mainstream browsers, to give users maximal control over who does and doesn't get to know what they do online.

christopherwink.com/2011/10/06/steve-jobs-i-dont-want-to-see-us-descend-into-a-nation-of-bloggers-video/

Jobs always had taste. Look what American media and global media has become since the 2010s. Jobs was against it.

Feel free to answer my question. Sounds like it's redundant when I already use RequestPolicy.

Feel free to open the link I included.
>Although we like Disconnect, Adblock Plus, Ghostery and similar products (in fact Privacy Badger is based on the ABP code!), none of them are exactly what we were looking for. In our testing, all of them required some custom configuration to block non-consensual trackers.

Feel free to answer the goddamned question.

Feel free to open the link I included, or to just use your goddamned brain.

>In our testing, all of them required some custom configuration to block non-consensual trackers.

Considering RequestPolicy blocks fucking everything, it sounds like I'm good. Yet again, a simple yes or no will suffice.

Didn't he get fired from Atari because he refused to shower?

>Yet again, a simple yes or no will suffice.
If you can't read what was written, and apply very simple logic to realize what the answer to your question is, then you would be well-served by privacy badger. Not because Privacy Badger isn't redundant when used alongside other add-ons/extensions, but because you're an idiot.

iirc he got put on the night shift because of that

If you can't answer a fucking question without repeatedly linking to the same piece of shit link, then you would be well served by accepting the fact that you're a fucking moron.

I don't know one way or the other about that, but I know that he forced to shower while working at Apple, because he stunk so bad.

The dude was a megalomaniac, as well as a narcissist (if not an outright functioning sociopath), and I wouldn't ever work for the dude (no matter how much money was offered me), but the dude DID know what people wanted, and knew how to present it to them.

>Spoonfeed me the answer, or u r dum!

Because they want to imprison you into their own system and make you buy their shit only.

>I'm incapable of answering a simple yes or no question with a "yes" or "no"

"Unwilling," does not equate to, "incapable."

He would often dip his feet in the toilet, to create antibodies, according to him.

If you were capable of it you'd have done so.

I already have, although you're apparently too stupid to have caught it.

>Not because Privacy Badger isn't redundant when used alongside other add-ons/extensions....
You can leave now.

Yeah, the dude was an idiot when it came to health. Which is why he took vitamins to combat cancer.

>I already have
It's been a half hour and I've yet to see you reply with a simple yes or no.

I literally linked the answer for you. What you are telling me is that you can't comprehend what the following means:
>>Not because Privacy Badger isn't redundant when used alongside other add-ons/extensions....

I honestly don't care whether you're genuinely retarded, or just pretending to be retarded. Fuck off, retard.

What you are telling me is that you can't take a simple sentence and use it to answer a question. Yet again, I did not ask you to link me to a website, I asked you to answer a yes or no question, which you have yet to do.

Fuck off, retard.

Still waiting on that yes or no

If you can't infer the answer based on what I've said so far, that's on you. Now fuck off, retard (and all further responses in regards to this will be responded to with this post).

I keep seeing you reply with dozens of characters when two or three would suffice.

If you can't infer the answer based on what I've said so far, that's on you. Now fuck off, retard (and all further responses in regards to this will be responded to with this post).

Here you are again, wasting your time with dozens of characters when two or three would suffice.

Here you are again, wasting your time with dozens of characters when two or three would suffice.

hackintosh masterace reporting in

Apple has no ad system (anymore) desu

To be fair the type of cancer he had is pretty deadly so even conventional medicine probably wouldn't have saved him.

He had pancreatic cancer, that happens to be one of the cancers that's pretty treatable.

Pancreatic cancer? My grandmother had that. Not a fun way to go. Painful as hell, in fact.

I thought MS were promising to implement the same feature on the next version of Edge too?

I should elaborate, while the vast majority of pancreatic cancer cases are of a type with a poor prognosis, Jobs had a type that had a way better prognosis. He might have survived if he started conventional treatments earlier.

Good. Advertisers need to fuck off with their tracking bullshit.

Yes, they are this easy to play.

this sounds like a joke but its actually not one

So they're just fighting google? Who else really makes money off ads?

Nigger they have files of their users with their fingerprints as one of the boxes checked, soon they'll be getring everyones face too

Good goy.

>WHOA A PURE IPHONE HATE THREAD? OH MY GOD I MUST RESPOND TO IT IMMEDIATELY
>FUCK LAGDROID EVEN THOUGH I HAVEN'T TRIED IT AT ALL
>LOL MY LIFE IS SHIT SO I MUST REPLY TO EVERY SINGLE IPHONE X HATE POST
>GOD I HATE HAVING TO WORK AT A SHILL CENTER GETTING 3 CENTS AN HOUR
>I I SHIFT MY RAGE TOWARDS THINGS THAT ARE ACTUALLY GOOD
>ALL I CAN DO IS COPY PASTE THE SAME BULLSHIT OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER UNTIL YOU FAGS GET IT
>PS GET ME OUT OF HERE
>PPS PLEASE DO IT. THE SHILL COMPANY IS HOLDING ME CAPTIVE
the post

>you'll lose a bet that can't be confirmed.
Stopped reading after the first sentence. God what a fucking retard.

>settings
>iAds
>click off
Wow so fucking hard
Jesus Christ, this board

>blocking 3rd party requests like no other
Appleshills praising their masters for reinventing the wheel, EP264.

this guy gets it

Most tech companies aren't interested in big data either. What a brainer.

Also, unlike Windows, macOS just gets out of your way so you can do whatever you want. If I were forced to use a proprietary OS, it would not be Windows.

Apple is just bullshitting, they aren't doing shit to protect anybody from advertisers. Good sheep, go buy the new iphone as soon as it releases

>just gets out of your way
What did he mean by this?

Built-in anti tracking software in safari is already a fact user.
And no other companies like google aren't doing it.