Im gong to buy a thinkpad T440 to practice tech stuff on and write and have all my pdfs on instead of using my...

Im gong to buy a thinkpad T440 to practice tech stuff on and write and have all my pdfs on instead of using my smartphone.

If i fuck uo trying to install linux is it possible to brick my computer? I messed up trying to dual boot windows 10 and debian...im a brainlet...

you could have left those last 3 words out, it's redundant with your picture

Maki!

No you can't brick your computer as long as you don't compile and use any Kernels you made yourself.

No. There's literally no way you can brick your computer by installing a new OS unless somehow your platters/chips fail for whatever dumbfuck reason.

T440 has a shitty trackpad, either replace the trackpad or a get t450 instead.

Get fucked, senpai. You may have posted one second before me, but that one second cost you these digits.

>using the trackpad on a ThinkPad

I meant the t440 lacks the buttons any other Thinkpad has, also, are you retarded?

Then say it has shitty buttons, not a shitty trackpad.

If you haven't bought it yet, I'd go for the T420 instead. It still has the classic keyboard, is cheaper, and the specs aren't considerably worse.

I was thinking about it...idc too much about specs since its literally going to be an overrated ebook reader thay i bring on the bus.

Hell i mighr even buy another to play around with learning linux and tech stuff. So one would be like a portable bookcase for writing and one for experimenting on stuff.

Alright thank you

I was thinking like itd be possible to mess it up by not making it able to run and its the only one you have.

To answer your actual question, if you can brick your machine with a Linux machine, I've yet to figure out how. Worse case scenario you wipe your drive and try again. You should also try running it as a live OS and make sure the hardware cooperates before you run the installer. Out of curiosity, which distro were you considering?

Oh ok, then OP, just replace the buttons, but oh wait, yeah, in order to do that you would need to replace the trackpad as well.

It makes it seem like you think OP should use the trackpad.

>I was thinking like itd be possible to mess it up by not making it able to run and its the only one you have.
Post your stomach, you literal femmefag. Then go to your local electronics good store, buy a flash drive, and blow one of the sales reps to get 30 minutes in the back with some shit brick laptop to dd another copy of debian onto the usb.

I played with a few on my other computer.. A normie one like debian or ubuntu...im bad with tech but i want to practice it more for survival stuff. Im 26 and trying to self teach along with other stuff.

Once i learn powershell and command line stuff in my spare time i might dual boot arch...ive played around with that a little bit but not really.
.Im actually fit as fuck and hairy but im poor and a pussy so im cautious uwu. .

Where are you from OP?

>Im actually fit as fuck and hairy but im poor and a pussy so im cautious uwu.
You better not be some ottermode gayboy.
>dualbooting
There is absolutely no reason to be using Windows in the current year of Intel Virtualization technology.

I know im not trying to ever use windows again especially if i write.

My laptops busted rn so i cant use my steam to game but i might habe to use windows for gaming tbqh

USA

>gaym
f to pay respects 2 ur life

Arch is iffy as a productivity distro, but it's great if you already have a basic understanding of Linux and want to get under the hood. It's brutal, but very educational. Maybe start with something like Debian if you're really new

Maki!!!

Don't listen to this mouthbreathing faggot. Arch is for losers, absolute, hentai-masturbating, cum-eating, losers.

Linux From Scratch or might as well stay sucking cock.
You dumb shit that's not maki.

For sure..i just want to learn arch just to kinda do it...i dont even really know the upsides to it. My tecj friends even said they dislike arch after a while because of the rolling uodates which is one reason why windows sucks. In fact thats why im buying all this because one of the updates just trashed my computer. Making the entire thing freeze for some reason after about 30 mins of mozilla or chrome use.

Are you bored user?

>Are you bored user?
I've got five more minutes until I can take my next polyphasic nap. Too tired to do productive shit, not tired enough to stop shitposting.
>For sure..i just want to learn arch just to kinda do it...i dont even really know the upsides to it. My tecj friends even said they dislike arch after a while because of the rolling uodates which is one reason why windows sucks. In fact thats why im buying all this because one of the updates just trashed my computer. Making the entire thing freeze for some reason after about 30 mins of mozilla or chrome use.
Upsides: AUR, thousands of packages that work specifically for ARCH. God-tier package manager that is Arch. Rolling releases and shit.
>dislikes rolling uodates
Fucking dumb phoneposters. Android has swipe to type and iPhone has autocorrect. What the fuck is this shit? Rolling releases haven't broken distros in years. It's a spooky bedtime story fat, AI-replaced, ex-sysadmins tell young, impressionable, also likely to be replaced by AI, anyone with an IQ over 105.
>freezes after mozilla/chrome
Have you tried uninstalling and installing again

15 seconds boys.

Very dumb Maki poster.