>ctrl+v
>ctrl+s
end

mac os
>"command" + c
>launchpad
>other
>textedit
>opens previous shit or prompts window to open a file instead of having a default blank text
>new document
>"command" + v
>"command" + s
>save as
>.rtf, .html, .odt
>no simple fucking .txt

fuck this os is retarded

It's just these little things that piss me off. File management is terrible on mac.
It's unintuitive and badly designed.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/TextClipping
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

how is ctrl any less arbitrary than command

linux
>ctrl+c
>in clipboard manager

FeelsGood

>his text editor can only write txt files

Linux
>ctrl+C
>KDE Neon automatically syncs the copied text to your android device
>KDE Plasma can access clipboard history and save items so you can't accidentally lose the information

because your text editor can write binary files

then why use macOS? just use windows??

>ctrl+C
>password automatically syncs the copied text to your backported device
>passwords can be accessed and saved in plain text for easy access by everyone

I let my man Bonzi Buddy handle my organization.

can't you just
echo (shift+insert) >> file.txt

?

Services, my man.

Right click text.
Save as new text edit file.

>ctrl+C
>a password
You wouldn't do this unless the password means nothing to you or you're retarded.

is there a way to do this so it autimatically escapes things like quote marks and spaces?

does the kde clipboard manager only catches ctrl+c?
so copying from a password manager wouldn't work?

It catches print screen too. Basically anything that would enter your clipboard. Password managers don't place passwords into your clipboard.

I haven't used OSX in a while but that's not how it works.

>cmd+c
>cmd+space
>type te[xtedit] (autofill)
>cmd+v
>cmd+s

If you have some retard auto recovery options turned on that's your own fault

Yeah, Windows is totally better.

Just drag the text to the desktop/any folder and it creates a textclipping file

Doesn't mac use bash?
If so, just put it between single quotes. Anything between single quotes in bash gets treated without any interpolation afaik

WINKUCK BTFO ONCE AGAIN LMFAO

By default, yes

cat

I'm impressed, user.
What's the magic?

Drag and drop integration with various data objects was a core concept of NeXTSTEP, a lot of operating systems do it now.

Linux does that to.
In fact it'd be sad if winniggers don't have it

Where?

I had to use a studio iMac when I was taking a graphic design class. Apart from the computers having a big screen, there was little advantage to using them. I remember I used to bitch about Unity but the DE of MacOS was so much more infuriating. Little things that you'd expect to be universal like scrolling up with the mouse would do the opposite of what it should do. Things like selecting a file in the file explorer and pressing enter wouldn't do what you expected. Selecting a file and pressing delete would not do anything. Sometimes closing a program didn't actually close the program and I had to take extra, unmeaningful steps to fix it. I could not conceive why it was designed this way. The lab techs had jury-rigged the computers to not shut down without administrative permission because they had such insane levels of difficulty keeping control of the various software versions. Not even logging out, a task that you might think trivial, was obvious on an OS supposedly designed for non-technical people. Most people, I found, were merely locking their accounts and because of the policy on restating the iMacs there was nothing you could do if there were thirty cucks logged in simultaneously on the same iMac. The only way I found to open the file browser was to open the downloads location (specfically) in a new file browser and to navigate to whereever the fuck I wanted to go.

Question for mac apologists: why would Apple deliberately change the scroll direction of the mouse and have the audacity to call their way "natural scrolling"? This was just baffling to me. Especially because Apple did not pioneer the scroll wheel on the mouse.

>windows
>>ctrl+c
>>desktop
>>right click
>>create new file .txt
>>ctrl+v
>>ctrl+s
>end
People put up with this piece of shit OS?

>replying to yourself
LOL

>IQ level
>below 25

if 423 is you and 616 is you, you replied to yourself. Nice try though.

>want to save a text link for later
windows + linux + mac os
ctrl+c
alt+tab to sublime/or any other texteditor that you surely have running in the background
ctrl+v

this works, is faster, and doesn't clutter your shit with retarded text files

How about you use the OS you're bashing first?

>cmd+c
>cmd+space
>type notes + enter
>cmd+n
>cmd+v

Must be hard to be a basement dwelling neckbeard.

>not WinKey+Shift+N

Do you even OneNote?

command+c
open notes app
command+v

wow now its synced to my phone and all my other apple devices too it was so hard pls tell me more

What the fuck are you even doing?
just drag&drop the file to where you want to have it or just copy and paste.

>he nees 1 "note" to save a fucking text off the internet

>needs
There's that word that everyone here loves to use.

It's nice being able to save text and images intermingled with jotted notes I take from my tablet and have it all cloud-sync'd.

>He needs the sync the fucking text he copied from the internet to da cloudzz

He will return someday

Linux
>select text
>cat '' > link

Don't even have to name it link.txt, but you can if you want.

.textClipping has existed since Mac OS 9
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/TextClipping

>cat '' > link
>not xclip -o > link

Thanks.

>kde
>select text
>middle click on desktop to automatically create a note widget with the text.

A text editor is not a word processor. Its only job is to save plaintext files.

>1Gb RAM idle usage

more like 0.3-0.5 depending on your settings.

>scrolling up with the mouse would do the opposite of what it should do
>why would Apple deliberately change the scroll direction of the mouse and have the audacity to call their way "natural scrolling"?

Everything one needs to know about Apple and the idiots who use their idiotic products.

>Any sane GNU/Linux distro
>Select link, Ctrl + C
>Ctrl + Alt + T
>cat '[Ctrl + V]' >> links.dat

Like this?

>the scrolling is natural
>hurr why is this natural scrolling

kek, I had never noticed

>they don't have a text editor open 24/7 to save notes

Do you even note-take?
I wrote this shitty simple text editor in Autohotkey and show / hide it with Win+'.

>He needs the sync the fucking text he copied from the internet to the internet

cmd space
ter
enter
cmd n
cat > Des
tab
filename
enter
cmd v
^d
^d

gnu/linux:
>ctrl+c
>mod+t
>vim notes.txt
>i
>middle mouse button
>:wq
easy as can be

Windows
> Ctrl+C
> Any Explorer Window or desktop
> Create new shortcut
> Ctrl+V
> Save

I'm rebuilding him as a pepe office assistant/tamagotchi clone...

you will have to clean up his poop- but he will come with powerful tools like clipboard extender, redpill dropper, joke telling, and mass downloader/troller

^C
super+return
echo "^V" >> links

>launching a text editor instead of just appending to the file
>using the mouse
You have much to learn.

Ctrl-c
Mod-t
echo "" > notes.txt
Done.

that doesn't work in rxvt-unicode though.

^C
Mod+T
echo "$(xsel)" >> notes
^D

never mind it seems to be alt-ctrl-v.
It took me a few years to figure this out for some reason

>Windows babbies so used to eating shit that they're disgusted at a gourmet meal.

Your giveaway as a brainlet was the program closing thing. Closing a window shouldn't close a program. Maybe this is too complex for a Windows user. You know, cmd+Q quits the program, oh no wait of course you don't know this one shortcut because you used an iMac for a few hours and couldn't get it to work how you want. Its a new OS to you, what did you expect, macOS to be exactly like Windows or what?

that's pretty. what distro/DE?

So, what does the minimize button does then? Closing the main window of a program must close the program, there is already a minimize button if you don't want to close it.

Gahnoo slash Linocks
>select text
>press custom keybind
>file is created with selected text inside
or
>select text
>ctrl+c
>clipboard manager
or
>select text
>middle mouse click into function in .bashrc from terminal and press enter
function sc() { echo "$@" > ~/clips/"$(date +%s)".txt; }

The power of freedom

i realize it's probably budgie actually. what distro tho? and what do you use for the launcher

im actively interested in stealing this

The minimize button minimizes the window. The close button closes the window. The other button in the trio is to maximize the window. None of these buttons are to force quit the program and kill it. Is this a hard concept for you to understand?

So, the minimize button is redundant then, it does the same as the close button.

keep posting, genius

Are you mentally retarded? The Minimize window MINIMIZES the window, preserving things such as whatever the fuck is currently in the window. The close button CLOSES the window, throwing away everything to do with whatever the fuck you were doing in the program, like a piece of text. The program remains running. Jesus fucking Christ. Imagine being so dumb you can't even understand Apple's traffic light window controls, while thinking you know better on them in this very, very simple thing you cannot even understand.

on linux:
> ctrl c
> open terminal
> echo "paste from clipboard" > filename

plebs

macOS and linux
>drag selected text to folder of choice
>automatically makes txt file of selected test
end

Didn't Windows 3.1 have this too?

Manjaro GNOME

It isn't KDE Neon that does this you shill, it's their app KDE connect, which you can use on any distro, I'm using it on arch with GNOME right now.

Wow, mine does this too, never noticed..

wait wait wait... you want to save a link, in a txt file?

Instead of just opening a browser window, and then closing the browser window so that it opens when you reopen it, on any common browser regardless of the platform/OS?

If you're not a retard

>Cmd+C
>Cmd+Space
>Type "Text" hit Enter
>Cmd+P
>Cmd+S
>Pic related

It's not that hard to use Mac OP, you just need to be able to THINK, and now follow Microsoft's on screen prompts mindlessly.

Cmd+P is obviously meant to be Cmd+V.

mouse wheel is a setting in preferences, they have it backwards by default for ecosystem parity

enter renames, because renaming files is more likely to use the enter key anyways to finalize the name

cmd + o is the open hotkey that you never bothered to look up

cmd + delete is another hotkey to delete a file that you never bothered to look up

closing a program window does not mean you want the program to terminate, especially in the fields of graphic design, video editing, daws, and /3d/ which Apple markets itself towards

locking access down with admin rights is a smart thing to do, to prevent idiots like you who cant be arsed to google hotkey keystrokes, who think they are pros who can do “more poweruser” things... good on your university’s it department for realizing they can still shut down with the physical power button, whilst confounding idiot students like you

new file browser window hotkey is, with finder selected, cmd + n

because they patented the gesture for touchscreen decvices and wanted ecosystem parity

are you done blaming apple for your own user error, and complaints about how the system doesn’t work specifically for your thought processes?

>windows
>ctrl+c
>Win+e
>shift tab, up arrow to Desktop
>enter, tab to desktop folder pane
>Alt + f, w, t, Enter (or name then Enter), Enter
>ctrl+v
>ctrl+s
>end

ftfy

>open link