Quick question about personal computers. Why is there so much room inside a case...

Quick question about personal computers. Why is there so much room inside a case? What alternatives are there for those of us who want SLI and other cool mods but don't want all of the empty space?

small form factor cases

I bought a full tower due to too many cables
Used a mid tower for years and the cables everywhere restricts airflow and makes maintenance a pain in the ass

Buy a smaller case?

>airflow
>ease of install
You know you can just buy a smaller case, right? The benefit of a full tower is that it's incredibly easy to use and you don't have to fight the cables.

but i still want to have SLI and 280mm radiators as options

you must have some shitty cable management. i've got all my tucked away

see my first reply. it's the space between the motherboard and the glass/plastic/front panel that really gets to me

look at the last reply. it's not that the case needs to be smaller, i'm looking for one that is form fitting.

>it's not that the case needs to be smaller, i'm looking for one that is form fitting.
What the fuck is this even supposed to mean? You know you don't have to choose between a full tower and some micro PC, right? There's endless size options in between, organized by the type of motherboard you can fit in there. If you want a slimmer case then buy one.

>it's the space between the motherboard and the glass/plastic/front panel that really gets to me
The front or the side panel? Between the motherboard and the front panel is where the HDD's go typically and the "empty space" in your pic is mostly because PCI-e graphics cards go in horizontally while the motherboard is vertical.

it's hard to explain what it's supposed to mean. when i look inside my case i see a motherboard with a lot of stuff attached to it. i'd much rather see something more effective. something more form fitting and something more less wasteful. that's the sort of case i'm looking for. (and yes i've seen that ugly Thermaltake case, there has to be a better option).

Sounds like you want some custom motherboard configuration. I have pic related and between the GPU and the side panel there's barely any space, same with the motherboard and the front HDD racks. It literally couldn't be much smaller and allow for a standard mobo to be installed with a GPU.

This case?

no this one. that one is actually super useful for a test bench

A bigger case will mean that you have alot more room to configure a good airflow. And its easier to install your hardware on it.

Build your own.

That's where the air moves, user. You need that space.

The problem is no one wants exactly what you want; everyone wants something different. So case manufacturers make cases that appeal to a wide audience by having a lot of different options. Hence you get big, empty cases.

>air
It's going to be water cooled, I don't need air.

>falling for the water cooled meme
is it 2004 all over again?

I gotta get those sweet overclocks and quiet computer d00d

Get a case without a gay window to look into and then you don't have to worry about air gaps or whatever this spergquest is about

look into the NCASE

Optical drives and HDDs are still used by a lot of people and manufacturers take that in to consideration and the lazy way is to design it is so that same space is used for rads and reservoirs if you want instead. You need an ultra modern case that isn't meant for poor fags but you probably are one so I dunno... Try to do your own research you moron. Do a build on a motherboard smaller than ATX and get an appropriate case. This thread is stupid.

Lian Li pc-08 or pc-18

>62509285
Basically you want to spoonfed cases and motherboards - fuck off and do your own research you piece of shit.