What did I think of it?

>What did I think of it?
what now?

>What did I think of it?

Uh, how should we know?

Sorry, it's a Sup Forums thing

No it isnt

it's pretty neat.
I installed openvpn and pi-hole on a pi zero w and just left it in a closet while I was overseas.
Was able to access my network just fine.

I've had my eye on pivpn for a while now, but piping curl into bash for the install makes me a little uneasy. What could I do with the vpn? I'm looking for a way to sync files between my pc and a pi with a hard drive and access the files on it from anywhere. Anyone have any solutions? I've seen nextcloud/owncloud but from what I can make out it has it's own software needed on every device which I'm not a fan of. I just want regular files synced without any extra bullshit.

>What could I do with the vpn?
Be safe on public WiFi networks

Is SSH tunneling safe enough?

SSH SOCKS5 proxies? If you're careful, sure
However I think it's easier to just route everything through VPN.

You can build layer 3 VPNs with SSH too, but I never tried it
ssh contains support for Virtual Private Network (VPN) tunnelling using
the tun(4) network pseudo-device, allowing two networks to be joined
securely. The sshd_config(5) configuration option PermitTunnel controls
whether the server supports this, and at what level (layer 2 or 3 traf‐
fic).

bullshit
and who uses memes where they aren't memes.
people these days ffs

Tcp over tcp
>no thanks

Anime posters outside of their designated boards?

what.

Not that user, but...
Too many handshakes ans verifications to transfer information, network would be too high latency

I use it to access Remote Desktop, gitlab and next cloud from anywhere, it's pretty sweet

Just download the script and read it prior to installing, it's probably the certificate setup settings.

Openvpn uses udp.

It's pretty crappy since the Pi only has a 100Mbit/s interface

>I've had my eye on pivpn for a while now, but piping curl into bash for the install makes me a little uneasy.
Who gives a shit, go read the git hub page if you're so worried. You don't even have to use PiVPN and it's just plain old OpenVPN wrapped in an installer, I prefer the road warrior openvpn git anyway.

any idea if PiVPN and and owncloud/nextcloud play well together? All I want is to be able to leave my Pi + hard drive at home and have it sync my files with owncloud or nextcloud, does that sound possible?

It'll work but it'll be slow as fuck being it's a Pi, if it's just you connecting it shouldn't be too bad but don't expect any semblance of speed.