Is Microsoft Office still the best? I don't care about price

Is Microsoft Office still the best? I don't care about price.
>tfw no small question general

Other urls found in this thread:

support.office.com/en-us/article/After-installing-KB-3213656-or-KB-4011039-merged-table-cells-don-t-work-correctly-in-Word-or-Outlook-8c7af9eb-9e48-4e1e-8c13-6340ede4acdc?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it's not the best but the standard people expect.

no. it's all the same. none of this fuckin matters.

I just want to open powerpoint presentations without having to upload them to google drive.

libreoffice just got the ability to import msdocs or w.e its called

It's the best but it comes at a price.

>small

for u

support.office.com/en-us/article/After-installing-KB-3213656-or-KB-4011039-merged-table-cells-don-t-work-correctly-in-Word-or-Outlook-8c7af9eb-9e48-4e1e-8c13-6340ede4acdc?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

>Fixed OCt 3rd.

Fuck no

No other package comes close to office's excel and word's change tracking

>cracked version of office 2007 I installed on my mom's PC eight years ago stops working
>she's freaking out about whether she'll have to buy a new version of office
>"nah, just install libreoffice, it's free"
>"but user it's not Official Gen-U-Wine Microsoft Office! It won't open my documents!"
>install it anyway
>open one of her documents
>werks just fine

there are incompatibilities but they're buried deep in the enormous pile of features most people never use.

>export very basic spreadsheet to pdf
>9kb in excel
>120kb in calc

Defend this.

Unfortunaltey, yes.
MS Office is pretty much the only thing MS has left.

Actually, pretty much every document looks different in LibreOffice.

Unwanted line and page breaks etc. are very common.

the best at what? i really have no use for it.

Depressingly office even runs better

Going from company legal aged office 2010 on an i3-2100. To libre (or open office), on a gaming machine results in greater lag. Highly scientific I know.

I also have to admit that after having used a number of spreadsheet programs, excel is still my favourite. Buckets of features, runs quickly, easy to use conditional formatting, concatenate, pivot tables. You can churn off corporate looking Gant charts and flashy looking pie charts in minutes for your corporate overlords

WPS > LibreOffice > Google Docs > MS Office 2010 > Anything else

MS it is. I assume there's no reason not to get the newest one available?

New one should be fine.

Latex + Python is the patrician way.

Latex handles your documents and presentations, python with pylab handles all of your numeric needs.

>python
>patrician
Pls return to the front page of the internet you mongloid

>price
Who the fuck actually pays for this kind of shit, anyway?

I have to use Office Word because of compatibility reasons, but honestly I would prefer just using Libre. It has useful features like predictive word completion, which comes in handy when editing repetitive texts

I heard a friend recommend MICROSOFT Office PRO Plus 2016 v16.0.4266.1003 which I believe can be found on rarbg. It uses KMS to activate and I've been told by a reliable source that it works on Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 PCs without problems. The only downside is joining the Russian botnet. That's the price to pay if you want expensive software for free.

Python is extremely comfy for numeric stuff. Most of numpy is written in C anyway, so it's not like it performs badly either.

Only an idiot would use some Sup Forums approved language like C++ as a go-to language for computation.

What is sqt?