AMD RX Vega Custom Cards Could Come As Late As November

>It’s been exactly one month since AMD debuted the very first member of the RX Vega family of high-end gaming graphics cards, yet not a single custom RX Vega graphics card is available today. Asus was supposed to be the first to market with its triple fan Strix versions of the RX Vega 64 and 56, but we’ve yet to see either become available in any retailer

>Furthermore, Hardware.fr reports that discussions with AMD’s add-in-board partners revealed that none of them, save for Asus, have any custom cards ready to announce. One AIB went a step further to say that they don’t believe they can deliver custom designs anytime before mid October. Claiming that they don’t even have a date for when they’re supposed to begin receiving shipments of standalone Vega 10 GPUs to build their custom cards with

wccftech.com/amd-rx-vega-custom-cards-come-late-november/

hardware.fr/news/15240/quand-rx-vega-custom-octobre.html

Other urls found in this thread:

translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=http://greentechreviews.ru/2017/09/18/obzor-videokarty-asus-rog-strix-radeon-rx-vega-64/&edit-text=&act=url
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

lel, grabiks cradz

idk im comfy with my geforce 210

I just wanted something better than muh GTX560
Fuck it, I'm buying a used 670+

>AMD is delaying AiB cards
Really makes you think.

Meanwhile, the 1070ti drops by Halloween and the only people left to buy Vega are the diehard fanboys. 3 from Sup Forums and 12 from r/amd

>t.

kinda ot but who is actually gonna buy the 1070ti?
I dont see the market for it.
A 1070 3rd party card is 450€~, a 1080 3rd party is 550€. I doubt the 1070ti will outperform a 1080 and I doubt it will cost less than a 1070.

So I guess it will cost around 500€~ or more and will be between 1070 and 1080 performance wise, why not just buy a 1080 in that case. They cost about the same anyway.

I dont understand the need for a 1070ti.

I don't pick sides.

Yet you posted a candidate for nvidia's marketing material.

I'm a huge AMD fan because I am really happy with their Ryzen 7 CPUs (upgraded from a 3570k), but I can't see myself buying an AMD GPU any time soon.
They're impossible to find at any reasonable price. I'm just going to get a 1080 or 1070Ti.

Vega is a massive fuckup.

The 1070ti will most likely be dropped in the 1070 price bracket and the 1070 moved down. It's doing to compete with the 56 price wise and likely shit all over it

inb4 muh shaders aren't enabled yet!

>inb4 muh shaders aren't enabled yet!
They aren't.

TIME TO MINE !

It's been two months since launch and the boss just left

>vega pro
>december

what the fuck is this shit? a refresh that fast? lmao, they fucked up rx vega

>and the 1070 moved down

hahaha, no.

Guess they want the drivers to at least be uarch feature complete before they launch the AIB cards. Thank fucking Christ. I'm tired of waiting to find out what this uarch can actually do with all of its core features enabled.

It's been out for a year and a half. You watch

REBUPLIC OF GAMURZ!!!!

It's all about mining craze. The 1070ti, if it really comes out, will have a gddr5x memory just like 1080 and 1080ti, and this memory is dogshit for mining, so the actual price would be equal to msrp, just like 1080s and 1080tis are now.

Unless the 1070ti is just the 1080 it won't shit over anything. Vega ocs to 1080 performance. Even OC d a 1070 is like 15% off.

My only regret with Vega was I didn't buy my 1080ti sooner.

Yeah mark's no longer on board after vega 56 was more expensive than he thought. It's 11 from r/amd now.

one month.

Leather Jacket man is due to speak mid October. He might announce a 1070Ti. AMD are sandbagging both their drivers and AiB partners just in case this happens so they can release both in November to push out the boat.

HEHHEHEHEHAEAHEAHEAHEAHAHAHHAAHHHAAAAAAAAAAAA

So fucking glad i just got a 1080 g1 and im happy with it

>to push out the boat.
I.e. their own norse funeral

Jk, I hope you're right

>1070Ti
I don't understand where would you fit it in?
1060 -250
1070 -400
1080 -500
I guess they can afford to sell 1070 for 300 easily, it's what it should cost from the start anyway, but due to retarded segmentation it will simply murder all 1060 sales, what's the point? just get 1070 from now on
Nvidia sure made a ton of money from these margins, but it's bad strategy to fit in new products in lineup

>due to speak mid October
probably tesla launch, nothing more

QwQ kitty no pls

Worst launch ever Jesus...DOA

Vega is the most useless piece of silicon ever devised by a semiconductor comoany. And that's fucking impressive when you consider just how much shit the chinks push out on ARM, and VIA plugging away at 28nm.

B-B-B-BUT THE DRIVERS ARE GOING TO COME SOON™

Really wanted Vega to replace my aging 7850, but it looks like I'll go for nvidia this time

honestly this looks true
I think I'll be switching over to 1080 ti from my fury x in a few months because I want to play 4k at a higher framerate, and it looks like nvidia is the way to go in that regard, at least for now

Not a fanboy, just rightfully shitting on the Vega disaster

The only disaster was launching the reference models on half finished drivers, but as they are selling every one they make, that's not even so bad.

I'm glad they are delaying the AIB versions until the drivers are uarch feature complete. Should make for some very interesting reviews.

It's still a disaster.

nope

No reason to wait for shitty Asus Strix card anyways. A russian tech site reviewed the card and found that the VRM hits 120C. Expect this thing to break 1 day after end of warranty.

translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=http://greentechreviews.ru/2017/09/18/obzor-videokarty-asus-rog-strix-radeon-rx-vega-64/&edit-text=&act=url

Wait for Sapphire, then wait for drivers, then maybe buy.

Yes. The launch is bad.

I want to buy a Vega so I can buy a 3440X1440 100hz monitor for $400 less than a GSync model.

Even Jensen says mining is here to stay. Vega launch was a success. Just not for MUH GAMING babbies

hardware.fr->october literally what we already knew since the driver will be ready then
wccftech->november because fuck logic

>Sell literally every card you make.
>Have deals with Apple to put Vega into their meme computers.
>Use the cream of the crop to make Mi25s and make a mint selling them to server farms.
>"V-vega is a failure."
For how long has Sup Forums been so tech illiterate?

its because they dont care about gayming but they do care about gayming only when amd is failing

1070ti is exactly what I want. I like the vega but the power consumption kills it for me. My fermi heats up my room when I game and I'm done with that life.

B-buy my gaymin!
Vega is DOA!

amd is still in the graphics game? lmoa

Ye, they've murdered Quadro.
Shame about goyming cards.

It's probably to counteract the inflated 1070 prices. The 1070Ti could have GDDR5X memory which would allow it to be sold at near MSRP just like the 1080 and 1080Ti. Basically the 1070 would be sacrificed to miners, while the 1070Ti would be explicitly for gamers. I wouldn't be surprised if they're the exact same performance in gaming, just different memory specs.

It's a different die config.

Isn't a 1070ti just a 1080? I mean there's need for a card between those two?

No, a bit less ALUs (2304 versus 2560 of 1080).

>JUST Intel up my gpu line-up

Nah, since they have no competition (till October at least).

>vega

I might switch from 290x + freesync144hz to Volta + gsync 240hz

Volta is a long time to go.

I might consider switching to Freesync if 144 Hz 4K becomes affordable and AMD delivers proper products. I guess that won't be happening before 2020. I don't like the waiting game. I'll buy the next Ti once the FTW cines out, but I know it will be still not powerful enough for maxed 144 Hz 4K. Its sweet spot will be around 90 FPS.

I want to buy a vega and undervolt it and then adjust the clocks for a 1080 level performance with a 56.
But buying one is impossible so i might as well wait for something better

Good. I own a reference vega and some nvidya cards already. My builds are comfy. Have too much vidya anyway for dumping any more heat inside my case.

Wake me up w/ these faggots AIBs get off their asses and develop a better blower design so its not a sahara desert inside your case heating up your VRMs/Ram/CPU unnecessarily. It's about time they behave like there are other components in your case besides these gargantuan monster cards pushing out more heat than your CPU and dumping it all inside your case. Just stop for a second and look at this thing.. Clocked to shit sucking down hordes of power beyond spec and dumping all of that shit inside your case.

Fuck an AIB. Blowers ftw.. It's what they use in the professional world

Asus "READY" they just slap the same cooler on the card , and don't care of the VRM are properly cooled or not.
O yeah Never buy a ASus Card for AMD unless they have a custom board with it so the vrm are cooled but Asus with AMD card have been doing this shit for a few release now..
Using Nvidia Cooler and not making proper contact with the VRM causing shit shit ..