What is the nicest flag in the world and why is it Uruguay?

what is the nicest flag in the world and why is it Uruguay?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_of_May
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is my fav, althought it's not straightfoward nice mayby

because its the comfiest flag

uruguay's sun looks like obama

I am Greek

Argentina's sun looks like me gusta.
>>>/9gag/

Bosnia and Mongolia have the best flags

why do they like the sun so much???

me gusta maymay

some oc

Russian flag, because it reminds me of good things only, science, literature, music etc.

The sun represents the Porteño culture, I assume.

ayyy

\[+]/

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_of_May

>a fucking faggy looking faced sun with multiple legs
wft?

That's the manliest sun I've seen in a while, what are you talking about?

Holy shit. Fucking Argentina and Urgay sun. Always making me laugh. That's why I like both flags.

A sun in our flag we will never grow up.
THE SUN IS FUCKING WHITE
Or maybe we're just high a l l t h e t i m e.

Yes, which means Uruguay is merely an extension of Buenos Aires under a different name.

huh

Nop, the sun is a cultural and historical symbol of all the Rio de la Plata's people

"The specification "of May" is a reference to the May Revolution which took place in the week from 18 to 25 May 1810, which marked the beginning of the independence from the Spanish Empire for the countries that were part of the Viceroyalty of the Río de la Plata by then. There is a legend that as the new government was proclaimed, the sun broke through the clouds, which was seen as a good omen.

Anarchist and economist Diego Abad de Santillán claimed that the Sun of May was a representation of the Inca sun god Inti"

Praise the sun

While both countries boast of their whiteness, they also appreciate a healthy bronze tan.

>In form, it is similar to — and may be partially derived from — the sun in splendour, which is common in European heraldry. This, too, is usually depicted with a face, and with alternating straight and wavy rays (representing light and heat respectively), though it normally has only sixteen rays.

It truly is an iconic symbol, with apparently similar importance in both Amerindian and European cultures.

Represents the Incan Sun God Inti from which a good chunk of South America has ties to. None in Uruguay thougj but when the the biggest and most powerful empire you have on your continent is an early Roman Empire that kicked the bucket after a bit more than 100 year then you really gotta enjoy it.

>tfw sun with a rape face on our flag instead of the glorious Southern Cross

It's slavs board.
Please shut up anglo-american subhuman.

Why is it that you don't wish to be a Son of the Sun my beother? We have a mission to show the rest of the nations of the world its incandescent splendor. Only then would they know compassion from the father that gives us warmth.

best flag

>a fucking mmmm animal
what the fuck is that thing?

Looks like the mix between a Lion, a Monkey and an Eagle or something.

swordlion

Northern Ireland has the best flag

> (OP)
>I am Greek
I am weirdo

true

a design of Abazin flag excites me so much