東亞/東亜/동아/East Asia

羊肉串 Edition

Invited:
中華 China (大陆 Mainland, 臺灣 Taiwan, 香港 Hong Kong, 澳門 Macao)
日本 Japan
한국/조선 Korea
Moнгoл yлc Mongolia
Anyone interested in East Asia

FAQ

What are some good resources for learning East Asian languages?

Japanese:
See the Japanese thread: Korean:
youtube.com/watch?v=Fg4tlyqp2JE
howtostudykorean.com/unit0/
talktomeinkorean.com/curriculum/
mykoreancoach.com/korean-listening-training/
dongsa.net/

Mandarin:
learnnc.org/lp/pages/6427
resources.allsetlearning.com/chinese/pronunciation/
resources.allsetlearning.com/chinese/grammar/
mdbg.net/chindict/chindict.php
gloss.dliflc.edu

Other Languages:
Ask in the thread. Even if it’s obscure, someone will probably have some suggestions.

Isn't Sup Forums blocked in Mainland China?
No, likely because so few Chinese come to Sup Forums, Sup Forums itself isn't blocked. However, because Google services are throttled and the captcha is owned by Google, in order to post, Chinese posters must use a Sup Forums pass to bypass the captcha, as it never loads. Chinese IPs are also blocked from posting on Sup Forums without a pass.

Other urls found in this thread:

clas.uiowa.edu/dwllc/allnet/mongolian-language-and-culture-resources
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

KILL
ALL
CHINKS

why does dschinghis khan look like lenin

pls no

Jk guys, OP here was having a problem getting replies

I'm gonna study in China this autumn. What do I need to think about? Think I can manage without VPN?

thanks

>Think I can manage without VPN?

NO.

well, there will be no google or youtube for one

>studying in china
You fucking retard

I'm in China currently.

Does the rest of Asia really hate China, or is it just a meme?

>What do I need to think about?
Make sure you have power converters for your electronics. What will you be studying?

>Think I can manage without VPN?
No, you'll definitely want one.

Country that not border with China very like them.
Like Cambodia.

If you're not studying at Tsinghua, Peking, or Fudan you might as well just give up now

ok

I'm only really scared of Sup Forums or Anki servers being blocked, but YouTube being blocked could be a nuisance I guess

Why not study there?

Guess I'll need those, thanks. I'll just be studying Chinese

I'll be studying at one of them so I should be ok I hope

>Chinese
Mandarin*

Don't be another flavor of the monther learning a meme language, faggot. Its a third world shithole here. I realize you Europeans are so desperate for chink pussy that you are flooding the country by the millions each year because Abdul and Jamal are fucking all your women, but you guys are ruining this country in turn.

Go to Korea or Singapore or something.

Sup Forums isn't blocked itself, but Chinese IPs are blocked from posting without a 4chinz pass.

Don't think I had any issues with Anki.

If he's just studying for a semester or so and not actually doing a degree, I feel like it probably won't matter, but most exchange programs are with top universities anyway.

>Willingly going to that shithole
Retard

Are you an actual Chinese? If so, where in China?

It's not a meme, Chinese on average are arrogant, loud, seemingly very thick and socially backward.

I don't have have a particular interest in Chinese people, I want to learn for business reasons and literature. I've slowly been working at Mandarin for almost a year and I want to at least become good enough for pop culture stuff.

Alright. If I can't synch my deck I'm boned. I'll probably get a VPN though.

加油

I met some Swedes when I was in Shanghai, and they were pretty nice.

By the way, is it true that Europeans are ruining China? Do you get a lot of criminals or what?

Thanks d00d

Japs,viets,gooks,taiwanese,singaporean,Hk,flips all hates china, rest are fine with them in my experience

not even north korea likes them

Really makes you think doesn't it?

I'm a white expat in China. I'm just tired of Euro beta pussies coming here by the boatloads because their economies back home tanked or they're desperate for a chink girlfriend because Jamal took all the white girls, and fucking up the country. I witnessed it go from a pussy paradise where it was easy to fuck hot girls in just a few years, to a unbearable shithole where only ugly girls will fuck you on occasion if you don't look like Brad Pitt.

These pretty boy Eurocucks come here and date down/date ugly chink trolls, and the girls are becoming entitled like everywhere else in the world. Being foreign/white is no longer a novelty in pretty much all the big tier 1 cities, and even some of the tier 2s now.

These fucking losers will even try to teach English for pennies. Not even Eastern Euros, but French guys, Germans, Dutch etc. What the fuck is happening in Europe that would make you want to come to this shithole??

Is this a joke? How does this mean that Europeans are ruining the country?

Could a descendant of Genghis Khan provide me with ressources for learning Mongolian?
Also, what is more common, cyrillic or the mongolian script?

안녕!

I'm with you brother. I will gladly massacre as many chinks as I can for fucking up my country and the world

Take a look at this: clas.uiowa.edu/dwllc/allnet/mongolian-language-and-culture-resources

To my understanding, Cyrillic is used in outer Mongolia, while the script is used in inner Mongolia.

But, Khan is my ancestor , user! We are all mongoloids now!

Are you that cuck who banned me from Pokemon Showdown's chatrooms?

not bad

>mongolia

wew lad

Depends where you go

Mostly a meme.

I'd say on average their neighbors hate the CCP government and are okay with the Chinese people.

And Mongols are literal barbarians.

China invaded Korea thousand times. Any Korean who don't feel hatred towards China is a retard.

>Go to Korea

kek
who on earth goes to china?
people flood korea and japan if anything

china is for the desperate americans with shit degrees who end up teaching english

>tfw moving to Beijing next month to teach at a university

Any advice?

prepare your lungs

ESL in Japan is shit because everyone wants to go there. Have fun with your low salary and no benefits.

I taught in Korea for 6 months until I stopped putting up with my boss's shit and moved back. Fuck working in Korea. Getting all the documents for a visa is a massive pain in the ass as well.

Bump