Other urls found in this thread:

alternativeto.net/category/online-services/feed-reader/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

RSS still a thing?

alternativeto.net/category/online-services/feed-reader/
Make up your own mind.

Emacs with Elfeed

thanks OP for asking, was wondering the same thing

do you Sup Forumsuys use online rss reader or a software ? And why ?

IFTTT RSS to Email.

Inoreader
FeedReader as a client on desktop, but it's shit. need to try Liferea when I can be bothered.

why email ?

Because it is synced across all my devices. One less application to install on all my devices.

TT-RSS

qbittorrent

Used to use AOL's, until I maxed out the 10k starred articles, so I had to make a new account on another one (so I could use them both on the same window) and now I use Feedly, which I think is ok, but not as good as AOL.
Nothing comes closer to Google Reader though.

QuiteRSS

ttrss but it's kinda shit

We are one and the same

I second aol I still use it
How the hell do u surpass 10k

did u know that writing lik dis is against da roolz ?

I added a popular forum about my line of work, so I never missed a post (which contained discussions, downloadable resources, tutorials, etc.), but then my depression got really bad and I lost the willpower to go through them every day, so I started saving them hoping I would eventually get better and read them.
Needless to say, it never happened, and I kept archiving the posts until earlier this year when the owner changed some stuff and the RSS broke.

That thing doesn't like darkasmysoul themes. I had to switch to akregator.

Newsbeuter

newsbeuter works fine

Bamboo in Firefox, SpaRSS in android

Liferea, newsbeuter my laptop

Thunderbird master race checking in

I'll always choose a local application over a web service. Fuck syncing, if I'm home I can sit down at my computer, if I'm out, well I must be out for a reason, maybe I should do whatever it is I left the house to do instead of reading articles on a phone.

I use Liferea btw, it's okay

Bump

What do you use RSS for?

The only thing I've ever used it for was to add podcast links to Musicbee.

I like inoreader's automatic youtube embedding

news and podcasts, and the only way to keep track of youtube channels since you can't trust google to keep your subscriptions

Newsbeuter

Google Reader was the best. Nothing else comes close. I've given up on RSS now.

feedly

It just werks

Want to try it
>we need permission to basically do whatever we want with your gmail account
>fuck this shit
>want to delete account
>can't because I registered with gmail

mostly reading my webcomics like sam and fuzzy

None of your business.

inoreader, I love the feature where you can load the whole article in the rss reader without clicking the link and sending you to the webpage. gif related

Bamboo is too comfy. Too bad it will be dead in few months.
Are there any good webextension rss readers?

my own

online. I don't use mobile apps. But I traveled without laptop so I can use my relative's computer to look it up sometimes. It's not that necessary.
Now I have two machines, so it's more convenient.

Inoreader. It's average. It some timies fuckup filtered feeds.

comics, anime ongoing, arstechnica nautilus, developers whose software I use, podcasts, some people blogs. Try keeping amount of feed per day under 100 or I begin to skip shit. Some feeds are have terrible ratio of what I want to read to garbage. I'd rather couple of times a day go to main page of hacker news than have it in my subscription.

Started out with nextcloud news, but it was terrible. Now I have a banner in Firefox and just keep an opml on my server so I can import my feeds anywhere I want. Fuck online services.

Thunderbird

that's the exact kind of thing I want to use RSS for. Instead of having to visit hackernews or slashdot or whatever, I can just see oh, here's the eighty stories from the past few days, read the three or four that look good, and click "mark all as read"

bump

RSS is the best way to get round the ad slinging bot net.

Remember when Google suddenly stopped supporting RSS? That was because they worked out how to suck you into an invisible walled garden and spam you to death with ads and fake news.

Use any Mozilla based browser or if you want a seperate window use Seamonkey or Thunderbird.

I'm using the free version of Feedly. It does the job.

>Instead of having to visit hackernews or slashdot or whatever, I can just see oh, here's the eighty stories from the past few days, read the three or four that look good, and click "mark all as read"
That's what I love about RSS. Don't have to waste time visiting a site everyday and waiting for all the garbage I don't care about to load
Feed readers also make it easy to get all my news in one place
This

Feeder

>news, weather and tech blogs
>new videos from youtube channels and crunchyroll
>posts from twitter accounts I find interesting
>etc.

built in reader ios safari

yes it does. Plus it transfers the setting between the website and any phone apps that use it.

so u gonna off yourself right?

Feedly

I use so I can listen to all my podcasts and read all my webcomics at the the same place.

Probably.

tt-rss

Is there any way to pipe rss link to mpv and other software from some cli feed reader

if its for youtube you can use the youtube 2 player addon for thunderbird as a quick solution

Can someone explain RSS to me? It seems like all it is is constantly pinging to a stripped down Web page

>the only way to keep track of youtube channels since you can't trust google to keep your subscriptions
I'm surprised Google hasn't done away with feeds for youtube.

This is the only right answer

RRSOwl is by far the least bad reader I've used.

This one