Is it better to go for a flagship from last year or a mid-range phone?

Is it better to go for a flagship from last year or a mid-range phone?

Yes.

Mid range, flagships are money extraction devices for stupid fags.

Used flagship from two years ago.

None. Both are garbage.
Buy a 10€ dumbphone

t. poorfag

Explain the practical uses of a smartphone to me please, because even having one I don't get it.

/thread

It's best to not buy anything

Go for this

Did the old flagship develop a development community?

What are you using it for? The problem is that you're thinking of them as solid units rather than sum of parts.

>I want a fancy camera
>I want this fast of a processor
>I want this much space
>I want it to be this size
>I want it to run this OS

Then simply go find the cheapest item meeting these requirements... which is typically a flagship or mid tier phone from 2-5 years ago. Seriously, the differences in generation are small for practical use.

>flagship from last year
iPhone 7 still beats the shit out of 2017 Android flagships

*yawn*

What the fuck, this is better than any chink shit and way cheaper.
Should I?

If you want a good camera go for old flagship otherwise get a new midrange

New midrange generally has better battery and newer software/features

ye

It has a 30 day return, doesn't feel like there's any real risk. I might get one if I can scraps enough next week from a game of poker soon.

Don't LG phones have bootloop problems?
How likely is an LG V10/20/30 to have the problem?

Return it if there's a problem in 30 days. I've had multiple LG phones and that never happened to me, but I switched to Motorola because of the GPS. Maybe it was unlucky but they never worked well on my lgs

>a youtube pajeet tapping icons

Why do you keep posting this? I will not subscribe to your channel. This kind of retarded startup test shit has no place on a tech board. Its time you go back to YouTube.

Not him.

But my work uses IRC for internal communication so I used pushover to send alerts to my phone when someone pings me(I work from home and am afk a lot). Also having work email on the go is nice if something comes up.

That was for the G1-G4 series AFAIK. LG V10 and V20s have a pretty low failure rate.

You can purchase a CPS waranty with this phone but not sure how much that costs.

If I'm buying a phone to use it for a couple of years, it's far more likely that if it gets that kind of problem, it won't be within the first 30 days.

Consider getting a manly man phone like the S6-S8 active then.

G4 had bootloops for a few batches.
I use the h815, international model, which I bought in august 2016(1 year and a half almost after its release), the battery has a man. date of july..so it was the latest batch back then, and it has zero bootloop problems so far.
Iirc, the g1-g3 problems were negligible, but g4 had extended bootloop problems
Anyhow, if g4 is too old for some, there's also the lg mach, which can be found for as low as 170$ in some cases and it packs the same h/w specs as the g4.
Btw, this is my first smartphone, I used to have a n900 before that.

Posting from a V20 and I'm in love with it.

How's that related to having a phone being prone to bootloops?