Name one bad thing Elon Musk has done

Name one bad thing Elon Musk has done

Other urls found in this thread:

nationalinterest.org/feature/cut-elon-musks-government-subsidy-gravy-train-18671
archive.fo/s4riU
archive.fo/gWSOf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Tesla
>SpaceX
>PayPal

I was asking for bad things. task missed

Can you trust a man with fake hair, fake nose, fake chin and lifted shoes with your autonomous car?

Allowed himself to be intreviewed

Exist

He wasn't the prettiest before and still isn't. If he wants to have something changed, why not.

disparaging our future machine overlords

left trump's advising team
bigly mistake

embezzled tax payer money under Obama's green/eco bullshit programme

he has had tax free government grants for developing solar energy products and electrical cars

he doesn't even need to ever make a profit

He hasn't been boring quick enough.

He should have shaved it like Bezos.

because trump withdrew murica from the paris agreement.

Trying to install windows on paypal servers for example

fell a little bit hard on the 'muh climate change' meme.

Maybe he did that because everyone was watching him(including the left) but still... i guess he didn't wanted to risk the bad publicity.

back then linux was quite shitty

married the same gold digger like 5 times in a row

>JUST

Yes, you can tell he's a genuine and sincere person. He's always awkward and nervous so obviously he's the type of person to get cosmetic alterations done to help his self esteem.

so you believe your president, who is a business man instead of scientists?

Taken my tax money to subsidize the cost of making a car that isn't profitable without my tax money.

>implying you wouldn't
tesla went from no-name to big within a few years. It will be profitable soon

that's quite good for a middle-class car.
obviously can't have a mercedes interior.

I can glue my ipad to the car as well

>It will be profitable soon

It really won't.

Biggest problem is once electric cars become popular enough all the government subsidies that make them affordable will be pulled.
To compensate Tesla will have to drop prices by about $20k on a product they are already losing money on.

You know for a fact that he has a prenup.

>quite good for a middle-class car.

No it isn't.
It's absolute garbage even compared to cheap cars.

Using touch for everything is a complete nightmare in a moving vehicle.
And it's all cheap plastic.

he left south africa

All of the big three U.S. car companies are among the top 10 corporate welfare queens.
Musk needed to sue to be allowed to bid on launches for the pentagon, then exposed hundreds of millions in wasteful pentagon spending from inflated contracts given to the contractor the pentagon established themselves.

he exploits scientists and engineers in specialties he doesn't understand a shit and takes all the credit and money for himself

>le "climate change is a hoax" meme
Are people seriously still falling for this?

stick to your ford truck. most modern cars use touchscreens and other tech for their controls. also how is it a nightmare? tesla is known for autonomous driving

>

>implying Elon Musk is a scientist
>implying Elon Musk is anything but a business man selling "green innovation"

>laughingboosters.jpg

He was pretty shitty to his ex wife.

Burned billions of tax dollars on SpaceX explosions.
Took unrealistic Hyperloop way too far.
Backdoored every single Tesla car.

>working for a salary is now considered exploitation by SJW nu-male neo-communist

he studied physics. user, are you doing any research? also I didnt mean elon when I said scientists, I meant pretty much EVERY SINGLE scientist in the world. But donald obviously knows better

HYPERLOOP
OVERHYPEDLOOP

He has made a lot of money for himself.

He built rockets at 1/3 of what NASA rockets cost. Also they return. So he didn't burn them. Also he pretty much invested all of his own money

>he studied physics.
Doesn't make him a scientist. That makes him a businessman with a degree in physics.

>user, are you doing any research?
Actually yes, I'm a PhD student.

>also I didnt mean elon when I said scientists, I meant pretty much EVERY SINGLE scientist in the world.
That's a whole other debate. The point is, Elon Musk is making money from government subsidies (solar technology) as well as tax breaks in many Euro countries that have increased sales taxes on petrol and diesel cars. Solar power is and always will be a green power meme.

>implying SpaceX doesn't receive any government subsidies
nationalinterest.org/feature/cut-elon-musks-government-subsidy-gravy-train-18671

>green power is a meme now
how retarded are muricans? Coal won't last for ever and we can't just make the radiocative waste disappear
I didn't imply that though. user, can you read?

Just how when petrol cars became popular, the oil subsidies went away?

>most modern cars use touchscreens and other tech for their controls.

They offer touch screens as an option, but also kept the physical buttons.
The driver at least still has some physical buttons, but the passengers are fucked.

>also how is it a nightmare? tesla is known for autonomous driving

Switching radio stations isn't autonomous.
Setting the AC isn't autonomous.
Browsing the satnav isn't autonomous.

1) I'm not American
2) I didn't say green power is a meme, I said solar power is a meme and it will never be a viable power source.
3) Radioactive waste disposal is easy, you store it on site. Anyone telling you otherwise is an oil sector shill.

>I didn't imply that though. user, can you read?
You did when you said
>So he didn't burn them

wtf

He hasn't done anything bad. The only issue is that most of his companies don't return any money to investors. He may be able to win in a long game, but as we have seen with self driving car technology: Google starts it, pays for every other car companies R&D and skilled labor, and then ends up last place in the industry

He's using my money to keep bleeding businesses on life support

He invested them, he didn't burn them.

Every Tesla has backdoors.
You're forgetting the Roadster.

I pay zero road tax, no income tax over the value of the car, no petrol tax (because no petrol, duh) and received 5.000 euro's in cash.
All in all about 12.000 euro's in government subsidies.

This is clearly unsustainable if everybody did it.

>Solar panels
>Electric cars
>Supports eviromentalist global scam

Although I don't hate him because like a smart man he's cashing out on immoral schemes that's out of his control anyway to get money for the real deal like Space X

>1/3 of what NASA rockets cost
That's right, he got manufacturing cheaper, on a cost of quality and testing.
>Also they return
So did rockets before Falcons. Falcon only rescue engine in addition. Space shutters also existed.
>pretty much invested all of his own money
Then he got gov funding. Also cargo was usually more expensive than the rocket.
Btw none of the rockets were reused yet.

He has sold a pipe dream to the US government and received government subsidies then used on employing engineers and scientists who could otherwise have working on viable projects, that's not only using tax dollars in my world that's actually burning money.

Investments hold no value in itself.

His goal isn't making profit either, hopefully the investors know that.

oh yeah, the pointless non-binding agreement that is really just a transfer of wealth to poor countries

>climate change is pointless

Reminder to ignore what this charlatan and a welfare queen has to say. He's all about attention whoring and putting himself in the middle of news... because it makes it easier for him to raise money from taxpayers.

>Can we wean Elon Musk off government support already?
archive.fo/s4riU

>Its Time to Stop Spending Taxpayer Dollars on Elon Musk and Cronyism

>It has been widely reported that among SolarCity, Tesla, and the rocket company SpaceX, Elon Musks confederacy of interests has gotten at least $4.9 billion in taxpayer support over the past 10 years.

>This is almost half of Musks supposed net worthtaken from the pockets of American citizens and put into companies that can survive only by cannibalizing each other, spending without end, and promising that success is always just beyond the horizon and yet never arrives.
archive.fo/gWSOf

If it was pointless and nonbinding, then why withdraw at all and receive criticism from virtually every fucking country on earth?

You know damned well that it wasn't pointless, otherwise Trump wouldn't have made a huge fucking point out of withdrawing from it.

government subsidises every government project

better spend those taxes on a wall, right? He doesn't care about money, if he wanted he could just stop right now and have a comfy rest of life.

But not every government-funded project is a pipe dream that in reality puts thousands of engineers on welfare rather than contributing to growth in the technology sector.

>green text is green

Environmentalism is just a globalist agenda to boost third world economy at the expense of first world countries.
>Make burgers inflate prices of electricity and fuel
>hinders growth and competitiveness
>more jobs flee to china and India
It's that simple.

And yes climate change is real BUT NOT man made.

You didn't answer anything I said in my post and just reiterated your original post. Well done, you're officially retarded.

>big league mistake
Ftfy

>defends giving tax money to rich fucks
kys you dumb cuck

>And yes climate change is real BUT NOT man made.

Space X is an American company. The money supports the American economy. Thousands of engineers in SpaceX means thousands of American engineers at work. This also means further tens of thousands of secondary contractors at work. And further hundreds of thousands affected by the increase in economy.

Only only does the government pay 1/3 of what they would have paid originally, but it all goes to American workforce. Instead of paying the Russians, we are paying Americans.

He pushed to replace unix with windows back at paypal.
That's evil aplenty.

>corporate culture at their sweatshops
>spam bullshit about mars, so he can get money for his satellite transporting firm
>spreading fud about ai for political influence while have a shitty ai in a car

USA and China are the two biggest polluters.
So of course they had to do the most to reduce those emissions.

By stepping out of Paris, USA gave China permission to increase emissions as well.
That's why it's fucked.

>Thousands of engineers in SpaceX means thousands of American engineers at work
On tax dollars.

It's not like it is an oversupply of engineers. They could have been working in companies NOT receiving subsidies, thus not indirectly receiving welfare like they are doing now.

>This also means further tens of thousands of secondary contractors at work..
Yes, the gravy train is depressingly huge.

TIL the tesla exist merely because daimler teamed up with them for the development of the electric smart fortwo.

Man made climate change? Please kys and read something other than left wing outlets.

Because the US actually binds by stupid shit like that so we would of given billions and billions of dollars into an international slush fund for bullshit reasons. How about we put money into R&D for green technology, and make our money back on it. Considering our current green technology can't come anywhere close to fulfilling our energy needs. Not to mention there is no exact science explaining how much man contributes to climate change.

Btw what about all the scientists that just came out and had to admit they were wrong about global warming?

>Btw none of the rockets were reused yet.
Except they were. And landed just fine again.

If the states on the West coast would allow the US to export coal to China it wouldn't be half the issue it is now. The shit they burn is incredibly pollutant.

>implying i should expect as little from him as i expect from some pathetic NEET

You're a fucking moron. China wasn't required to reduce ANY emissions for well over a decade. They are much bigger polluters than the united states.

when will electric cars stop exploding?

>How about we put money into R&D for green technology, and make our money back on it.
You know that this was the promise the US made for the Paris Accords though....

You don't even know what it entailed, stupid shit. Also, cutting money for research made by NASA and NOAA is not investing into R&D.

>Btw what about all the scientists that just came out and had to admit they were wrong about global warming?

Yeah, they came out and said that it was more accelerated than they suspected.

china's population is 3x the US's. per capita, the US is by far the worst polluter in the world

>not knowing the difference between CO2 and pollution.

oh man, it's more than 4x actually

they are bigger polluters because murican companies get their stuff produced in china.

The irony is that it is because the average amerifat eats three cows for dinner. If the US alone would slash their meat consumption in half, we would easily reach the so-called 2 degree target.

>China wasn't required to reduce ANY emissions for well over a decade.

OH NOOOOOO!!!
10 years???

For a problem that spans centuries?
For a treaty that took decades just to agree on?

Plus China already does way more to curb emissions that America does:
- Worlds biggest hydroelectric dam.
- Closing coal mines.
- Plans to ban petrol cars in the near future.

The paris agreement created a global slush fund. Modern solar panels and wind turbines are horribly inefficient. Also, who invests in all these fraud "green companies"? The SAME politicians fear mongering about man made climate change even though they have been proven wrong time and time again. Al Gore is a fucking joke and has made millions of dollars because people are brainwashed nowadays. Look up even what bill gates said about climate change and green technology.

absolutely. but american culture these days is basically built on this imagined western cowboy narrative. the idea of someone telling us to cut back on meat consumption is about as offensive as someone telling us we can't have our guns or something.

most americans' quality of life would skyrocket if freedom of diet and a handful of other things were taken out of their hands, but that'll never happen. it's literally more feasible to get 4 times as many chinese people to change their behavior drastically than it is to get americans to change their behavior modestly.

>implying Trump didn't cut funding to nuclear power too
Face it, burning coal is retarded.

b-b-but kleeeen kooooole???

>Modern solar panels and wind turbines are horribly inefficient.

Solar still needs development.

But the latest generation of offshore wind turbines are economically competitive without government subsidies.

tfw murican economy is so fucked that you put economy above the planet that we fucking live on.

i never said climate change is not real you dumb fucks, it is obviously happening but not at the level the media is saying so.

The earth has been warming at an accelerating rate long before we had electricity or any other tool to impact the environment.More like the contrary, overall,the last 20 years actually have been way cooler than they should "have been", if you compared it to what """scientists""" were predicting back then.

Again, the climate is obviously changing, because that's how our atmosphere works: it it entirely man-made?No, but the media says so without actual proof.

Of course you're gonna have places with the hottest temperatures from the last century, but at the same time there have been other places were records were broken in terms of lows.

I don't even understand why you idiots are mad, because at the end of the day the warming of the planet created more forests(look at Europe) and other habitable places for humans,they're just more northern than usual.The only actual places with problems are shitholes like Shanghai where you can't see the sun because of the pollution.

As do the Chinese and Indians really and most of Africa and the Middle East as well along with South America. If you're going to point fingers, point fingers at everyone, not just cherry pick a country because you don't like them