Why do Europeans close up all their shops on Sunday?

Why do Europeans close up all their shops on Sunday?

Not the supermarkets

>toiling on the Sabbath
this is why 9/11 happened. God was pissed af

Because they are faggots. Unironically but literally today supermarkets are open.

because we're not as consumerists as americans

Because people need rest?

So that people could have a day off.

>pissed

Fuck off yank

i noticed that after posting. feel free to edit 'af' in your mind to 'off', if it helps.

We literally don't.

It does

We don't.

So we can play vidyas and shitpost on 4chin all day long.

We do the same here, some shops stay open until the noon and then close.

all supermarkets are closed here on sunday (only airport and trainstation-supermarkets are exempt from that)

when do you do community activities if the community never has a common day when everyone has time?

here soccer matches, orchestras and other clubs perform mostly on sunday because thats the day when almost noone has to work.

Church lobbying and workers' rights

Because it's the Lords day.

It depends on the country. Here we don't really close that many things, but in for example Norway everything would be closed except for very small grocery stores or kiosks.

Because we enjoy life not suffer it

You what?!

This is also common in small American towns, just not degenerate cities.
Later today I am crossing the nearby border and only grocers, walmart, some restaurants, and the theatre, will be open, everyone else is closed.
Also, several states, counties, and municipalities, in America still operate under blue laws thst prohibit thr sale of alcohol on Sundays.

Never mind Sunday. When I was in Germany nearly every fucking shop closed at 6.

Compare that to Korea where a lot of shops were 24/7 and it was a real pain in the arse.