Do a decent amount of people still use computers with 32-bit CPUs?

Do a decent amount of people still use computers with 32-bit CPUs?

I'm getting into IT and have a USB drive full of handy portable software as well as software installation files, but I don't know if I should keep both 32 and 64-bit versions of said files or just get rid of the redundant 32-bit files where 64-bit equivalents exist.
I know 32-bit versions of Windows can just use virtualization to run 64-bit applications so I'm not worried about that, I am however worried about people with OLD PCs where 64-bit virtualization wouldn't be possible.
>inb4 just keep both
That's what I'm doing now, but that adds up considering I keep these programs in Google Drive, and space is precious with that.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X32_ABI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I personally still use a Xbox classic

it has a 32 bit cpu.

>tfw no x32 linux

First of all, fuck you for posting that image.
Secondly, that doesn't count. I'm primarily talking about Windows programs (although I also have a 32-bit version of Lubuntu I keep -just in case- but no additional programs to go with it.)

>x32

You asked. I answered.

Besides, 32 bit cpus have hardly if at all been produced in the last decade so unless you are planning on dealing with clients that have pre 2005 pc/retro pcs id say you might be able to chuck out the 32 bit versions.

HOWEVER

I would check that 32 bit versions arent superior in anyway to the 64 bit variants first.

most of the world is poor.

>x32

it literally does not matter

it's called x86-64 because it's a play on intel 8086, but it was designed by AMD

>he doesn't know about the X32 ABI
laughing-hynix-execs.ps

>go to client
>client has Pentium 4 PC (32 bit CPU)
>can't run a chunk of tools bc literally unable to

i'd say it matters

majority of arm is still 32 bit
reactos/freedos are 32bit
android is 32 bit

pretty sure theres still some 32 bit intel netbooks n chromebooks

> 32-bit versions of Windows can just use virtualization to run 64-bit application
u w0t m8

if you're running 32 bit windows on a 64 bit chipset you can run 64 bit applications (for the most part) just with 32 bit memory address limitations

but that's clearly not how it works at all

>x32
>on wangblows
They don't have a x32 ABI, they just refer to 32-bit x86 as "x32" for no clear reason. They also call x86-64 "x64"

Interestingly, Mac OS X did this awhile ago. But Windows has never had this ability (at least on desktop, but presumably Server is the same.)

My 2015 Windows tablet came with a 64bit Atom and 32bit UEFI mobo, thus the OS is 32bit.

no you can't run 64 bit applications on a 32bit OS, period. You can use PAE to enable more ram on a 32bit OS, though.

You can compile 32-bit applications on Linux and run them on a 64-bit system.
(I know, I do it for work all the time...)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X32_ABI

All EFI run over 32bit, its the default instructionset bitness
Its the cpu that runs the code, not the mobo