IRC IRC, and MORE IRC!

IRC IRC, and MORE IRC!
So, what software do you guys use?
I tought of making my own adding in-line image preview using imgur etc.

IRC protocol is super easy, is basically just a socket with data. And even if you are dumb there are tons of IRC libraries for every language.

SO, did you make your own irc client? Or are you using some cool one?

Other urls found in this thread:

tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1459
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>IRC protocol is super easy
Any guide?

Irssi

tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1459

oh fug, meant for going to kill self shortly, later my dudes

I'm using hexchat currently as it does everything I need it to do. Just wish syncing between clients wasn't so tedious.

Hexchat

I've made an IRC client or bot in almost every new language I have decided to learn. An IRC client is a great way to get familiar with a language as it uses the network, lots of string parsing, config file parsing, etc.

This.

If you can't write an irc client you shouldn't be on this board

Suggestions?
Should i make it UWP?
I know c++, and worked with sockets before. But even my teacher is saying that i shouldn't do that much work, when .net sockets exists. So? UWP then? I really don't know how else i'm going to design the program, i don't want to use those bloates that are the Linux DE or even worse, QT.

OP HERE. Guys look what i found. It was basically an IRC client that let you use comics.
It's great, why they keep discontinuing good stuff?

Your teacher is an idiot. Why would you focus on the GUI? Write the IRC protocol as a library, then make a console program or GUI that uses that library.

The thing is, aren't GUIs dependent of the OS?
I mean in C# it's very, very easy to make a GUI, just drag and drop

Native GUI code is OS dependent. Unfortunately Qt and WxWidgets are the only two well known cross-platform GUI frameworks.

Well, it's really easy to do, it's just strings!
It was more of "how to design", at this point i think it would be better to just develop a Chrome plugin, atleast it will look cool.

Yes, that was the thing, i could make a console one in no problem, but how do i make it "look cool"

it was easy as fuck to do bad shit to the people using that to check the microsoft chat servers. I remember moving people around channels, mass banning, kicking and other stupid shenanigans when I was younger.

bitchx

>deprecated software
wow

mIRC.

Still use mIRC after like 20 years...

mIRC flood bot from the 90s for nostalgia.

>So, what software do you guys use?
weechat

Make an open source version, BRING IT BACK!

I use riot,cause I am not a faggot.

You can use an irssi theme to look like bitchx, is what I do