Face it, if you aren't using Arch in the year of our lord 2017, what the fuck are you doing with your life...

Face it, if you aren't using Arch in the year of our lord 2017, what the fuck are you doing with your life? You must either be too dumb (Ubuntu and its meme forks) or too autistic/socially retarded to care (Gentoo)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=uFZGqQBMSSc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

arch has nothing to offer above what I already have. it's nothing but a distro for lemmings who want to fit in while looking unique and edgy at the same time.
it's the reddit distro.

>vague complaints and expressions of non-conformity
t. guy who probably hasn't showered this week

>its this thread again

Gentoo is so shit that even its creator won't use it, he uses a mac like the rest of us educated city folk who actually have work to do.

Use Qubes OS. Run Arch in a VM.

Manjaro master-race

It's thanks to threads like these that I don't even know what distro to install anymore.

I like Arch. These are silly playacting. Macs, Windows, Arch, they're all dumb threads.

Use what you like.

Ignore OP. Every arch user needs to feel special. They're the mac/rickandmorty/GOT/-fanbase of the linux world. Using arch does nothing for you.

I recommend fedora or BSD if you're into development, Ubuntu if you want to be comfy.
>inb4 systemD
Its easy to replace.

Arch is easier than Ubuntu FOR ME.

>Precompiled operating systems

What is a good GNU/Linux distro for ricing and doesn't require a ton of effort to work?

I agree but gentoo good aswell

Arch

I really like manjaro. It's arch for idiots

Ubuntu if you want shit to be easy.

openSUSE Tumbleweed if you want a rolling release.

Debian Stable if you want to make damn sure nothing will break on your machine.

There.

They're all the same.

This. There is literally less than 5% difference between all the major distros.

I used arch, but it was updating too often and shit borked up sometimes. I switched to Manjaro.

Ignore this goon and use Arch. You will thank me later.

Manjaro is a meme-distro with security holes and outdated bullshit, use Antergos if you want arch for idiots, it is better in every way.

same here until they killed openRC support. going to try to get artix hooked up as soon as I have time. until then, systemd manjaro

Fedora. Because fuck Canonical

-tips-

>fuck those evil corporations, right goyim? im one of you! *tips*

The import choice for ricing is the DE, not the distro.

delet htis right nao

I personally just use Arch-Anywhere and install everything through yaourt. Max comf.

bu, bu, but user! i am using arch!

What advantages does Arch have over Ubuntu>

>inb4 lightweight
Once you install all the fucking dependencies, its just as big

>What advantages does Arch have over Ubuntu
not bein a fag brainlet lololol

>systemD
>easy to replace
haha lol [citation needed]

What is productivity like for the typical Arch user? You aren't letting that superior OS go to waste on ricing are you?

>any linux distro as primary OS
>never mind fucking Arch

When will you get a job?

I'm living my life without tinkering with my OS. I don't hate Arch, it's just something that takes time I don't really want to devote to it. I'll take a "just werkz" distro over it. Yeah, I know it's a bit of a misnomer, as even something like Ubuntu and Mint will take some work, but it's much more rare.

ITT: autistic virgins badmouth everyone who runs a different distro than they do.

Boring office stuff like spread sheets: Red Hat, CentOS
Noobs general: Ubuntu
Entry-level coding: Debian
Reale serious coding, top-end server stuff and hardcore hacking: Arch

>spreadsheets
>on Linux
Unless MS ports excel over, no one is doing that.

>does exactly what I want it to do
>has exactly the packages I need
>fast as hell
call me a dumb social retard, I don't care

>getting a job requires installing windows on your home pc
what

>fast as hell
Placebo.

>have a second (newer with better hardware) laptop running Fedora without any extra packages installed
>even though both are running Gnome, Arch is always faster
>placebo

>[citation needed]
OK
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=uFZGqQBMSSc

I am

super easy because all the packages are fresh and you don't have to dick around with adding and enabling 20 different repos if you want certain packages, like you do in other distributions

I prefer linux mint and debian over your meme arch.

I dont need anything else.

Mint is for literal brainlets, you might as well be using winshit.
>debian
haha cya in 2009 when you catch up grandpa

Where did he find a chair that wide?

America

I'm just lazy and and on mint i can still do pro haxxor terminal shit like cmatrix.

But the good is i can install and configure it im like 30 mins or less while pacman cant even connect to mirrors properly on WM (while PING works properly).

And debian, dude its old but gold, and putting it on server is still a best idea.

this

i've never tried arch because I heard it eventually breaks. I need a stable system

>uses aa Mac
Yeah.... AT WORK! At home he's on Linux and Gentoo to be specific.

>3% faster
debian benchmarks higher than arch though

Arch doesnt support enough CPU architectures, so basically, fuck you

What does that tell you? The dogshit OS he created is NOT GOOD TO WORK ON, therefore anyone using Gentoo is a pedo NEET.

haha lol CPUlets LEAVE

Are you calling the creator of Gentoo a pedo and a NEET?

Why would I use anything other than Ubuntu? Its minimal install functions more or less the same as Arch does and I can build it from scratch without Unity and Amazon shit.

No, because he doesn't use Gentoo as we've been over.

>haha its not that bad, i can just remove some of the botnet
The absolute state of Ubuntufags.

Yes, yes I am.

But my employee provides me with workstation and I can install whatever the fuck I want on it just to get my job done.

What do you do? Professional dildo cleaner?

>what the fuck are you doing with your life?
Not fixing X every two weeks.

I tried Void. Something happened.
I tried Sabayon. Didn't have "permissions" and couldn't install anything.
Using Manjaro now. Rice it up a bit, and then out of the blue, window manager won't open.

I'd like a minimalistic gui (something along the lines of i3), with a bit of transparency and some conky here and there, and all that to be a stable and fast shitposting machine. I need my machine only for web browsing and text editing. Nothing more.

What do i do anons?
Do i install pure arch with i3 or manjaro with i3 or arch with i3 via antergos?

Debian is all you need, you can use the buster repos if you wanna be edgy.

Arch at the end is just for rice lovers

I've been using Archlinux for two years and I switched to Fedora when my computer went broken. I should've done this from start.

> systemd

You seem like just wishing for a simple WM, but at the same time I can smell you wanna screenfetch that Arch logo.

If you just want i3 i'd say go buntu and compile all your rice shit if the repo is not available.

Your sense of smell is very good. I had ubuntu and xubuntu too, but their installers have a problem and they seem bloated to me.

Someone up there said that it's not the distro you choose, but the DE which is important for ricing...

screenfetch -D arch

Are you dyslexic?

I'm too sane to use Arch. It's just a shitty meme distro that doesn't have any reason to exist.

I'm not a systemd cuck and I use a truly minimal distro in Void

Thx user

Most people install a lightweight DE like XFCE as a backup and then install their window manager of choice. If you want Arch so bad i suggest first struggle a little in a virtual machine so you get the idea.

To avoid Bloat and ease of use go Debian, I guarantee you that compiling a i3 bar is gonna be way easier than dealing with your classical Arch problems.

I don't want arch per se.
I want a minimalist de/wm which is easy on my ram and stable in the long run.

I see people are suggesting Debian for stability... i might try it out...

Now we can all be archfags.

Stop spoonfeeding them

Is the shirt shopped in this picture? The whole scene is just too meme-flawless to be real.

I don't want my system to break. Thats why I use debian.

nothing was vague. Arch has nothing Gentoo doesn't.

I've always used lxde as my basic, low end DE. I guess since I first tried it with Knoppix. The default setup for XFCE seemed a bit ugly to me, but am I missing a bunch from XFCE using LXDE?

You want Arch, but don't wanna be called an archfag, admit it.

I am in control of MY system. That's why I use Arch, a distribution that forces me to install massive packages full of shit I'll never need to use.

I feel pretty comfy with my fedora26 laptop.

No, not really. I don't care how i'm called. I want i3 more than arch. Actually, i want i3 upon a stable and not ram-hungry distro.

Why the fuck are you suggesting fucking DEBIAN for anything other than servers?

>shit hardware support, even with nonfree firmware
>out-of-date software (using anything other than stable contradicts Debian's legendary "stability")
>bloated as shit, even with a minimal installation

No reason to use it on a desktop.

I would use Linux but I need to actually get things done. I enjoy studying foreign languages and getting muh cisco certs.

i3 on Debian it is then.

>Debian is bloated, unstable and has shit hardware support
>Debian is stable and not bloated

Whom do i believe? :(

trust no one not even yourself

>he uses arch instead of parabola

>taking advice from Sup Forums
Fucking try it m8 and form your own opinions.

>Manjaro
Funny, I used Manjaro but shit borked sometimes. Antergos master race here.

The distro formerly known as Arch.

>he has ebola
lmaoing @ ur life family

antergos legit the GOAT distro.

i prefer Void, Arch is just a SystemD botnet meme

Why do all Linux distros feel like I'm playing with a toy and not a high end computer device