BTFO Linux fags / linux hate general

fuck you Linux, you never just werk.

this pictures funny lol.

Said the average windblows pajeet who had never used a command line in his life.

plz clap

I use command like

cd /
iconf -w
mount /myanus /my/dick
ls -a
rf /rm /urandom
sudo apt-get install nigger-nigger chicken-dinner
sudo apt-get autoremove your-mom
cmake topkek.exe
screenerfetch

lol I said command like but I meant command line
ahahahha thanks facebook

Friendly remainder that Linux hate on Sup Forums is a CIA psyops to prevent goyim from being free.

> non-gendered pronouns

You are posting this from linux you retarded phone poster

> falling for the bait

this is Zed "just print it again lol" Shaw, right?

> haha i was being purposefully retarded

I like control and occasionally have a huge beard. Linux for programming is a meme. There's plenty of other reasons to use it but programming has nothing to do with an OS. It's honestly better in some kind of clean environment like a VM anyway.

Phoneposting still haram.

>phoneposters

>likes fonts and typography
macOS users confirmed for graphic design hipsters

Fuck off Zed. Python 3 is Turing Complete (in a practical sense, in a strict no-fun-allowed sense no programming language is) despite your ridiculous claims.

>Friendly remainder that Linux hate on Sup Forums is a CIA psyops to prevent goyim from being free.
OP barely speak english, I don't think he is hired by the CIA. Possibly hired by microsoft.

nice job figuring out something Jobs said 40 years ago

>posting on a phone using a Lunox kernel
Wew lad

Yeah it's from his Learn Python the hard way book

lol i see this gif all the time what was the context of this?

He had a speech in English. Few minutes in some organized told him they thought it would be in Spanish. RMS was then bragging ten minutes how he wasted his time (see the irony here?) and then started smashing mic to table.

Last time I heard this story it said rms had offered to do the talk in whatever language but the organizers said English would be fine. Turns out no-one in the audience could understand English so once someone pointed this out he reeed a bit

>all you need is an editor a terminal and python
And you listen to this guy op? I question your judgment.

But i though he also reeed about the wasted time. Since nobody was understanding him since 10 minutes but nobody told him so. Sounds like a fun guy :>

The idea that GNU would be as important as Linux really bothers me. It's in no where close. By any reasonably metric. Most of GNU tools are just used because they happen to be there. They're easily replaceable.
Worst of all GCC has held back the C/C++ community for ever in terms of tool development simply because their goal is to prevent proprietary software. Making software good is secondary.

I fucking knew I recognised that book from somewhere, was interested in an introductory python book for a while but got put off by the introduction:

>A Warning for the Smarties
>If you think you are smarter than me, then you will feel talked down to and there's nothing I can do about that because you are not my intended reader.
>Go learn Lisp. I hear people who know everything really like Lisp.

what an absolute cuck

Funny thing is that the book is for dummies.

If you want an introductory Python book that isn't for babies, you should read Dive Into Python.

This thread just proves further that those who hate linux are inane mobilefags

it sure is easy to dismiss the gcc as replaceable now after 30 years of legacy but you have to consider the alternative where there wouldn't have been a linux kernel or a linux operating system, gahnoo/linux if you prefer, if it wasn't for the gcc and the gpl and for the work of the fsf did while championing the cause of the floss community with their zero compromise attitude, and I'm not trying to belittle the work linus has done for the linux kernel or any kernel contributors for that matter, licensing concerns nearly killed the d compiler on arrival and despite them being false we rarely hear of any major uses of d because it all goes on behind closed doors in proprietary setups, that could very easily been the path the linux kernel took rather than the current one where it's a ubiquitous name for anyone remotely interested in working with computers

linus himself recognises that the two major contributions stallman made were the gcc and the gpl

yeah it just seems silly and counterproductive having a book named 'the hard way' being aimed at complete beginners, cheers for the recommendation though it's exactly what I was looking for, was considering learning from the docs if nothing popped up

>im cool because i hate the minority

Friendly reminder, Learn _______ the Hard Way is:
1.) A shit series.
2.) Written in a condescending tone.
3.) Assumes you are too dumb to understand certain topics and explains said topics as "is it just werks."
4.) Does not give the student any creative exercises.
4a.) Fifty percent is learning how to print.
4b.) Demands that the reader copy his code word for word without copy and pasting.
5.) Blacked.

If you want to learn python and programming, there are plenty of other books that are much better. Refer to the sticky (g or sci) and ignore entries for LPtHW.

he changed to spanish all the while moans went through the audience

then he sat down and started talking about how things were hopeless

not sure if the bottle smash came before or after that

It's just really not fucking good. The fact that so many people buy into it is scary, but then again people buy udemy courses all the time so~
Rationalizing your OS choices over what some spammers post is pretty fucking autistic.

>linux hate
driver support is still shit

It's on the youtube.
Also sopa de macaco lovers were total asshat there. rms usually became a smartass about languages and grammar and they could trigger him.

To append your post if there are people here wondering what Python book they should read first, you really cannot go wrong with either Python Crash Course or Automate the Boring Stuff.