We are making a web browser!

We are making a web browser!
PREVIOUSLY:

In the face of recent changes in Firefox and Chrome some anons were asking for a Sup Forums's perfect web browser, we collected the most wanted here and plan on continuing with the creation.

To contribute follow the WORK PLAN, join the IRC to ask developers for a repo, and get to programming!
IRC on Rizon: #Sup Forumsnetrunner

Youtube: youtube.com/channel/UCes2uiC-4xSBwqnldCFbh4Q
Twitter: twitter.com/Team_NetRunner
Gitgud: gitgud.io/odilitime/netrunner/
Teknik: git.teknik.io/gyroninja/netrunner

>WORK PLAN
Look at the features list and implement them, ask what is currently being worked on if you don't know.

FEATURES pastebin.com/bnUU6kcu
FAQ pastebin.com/gjp7QmQJ

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/bnUU6kcu
discord.gg/wNZER3
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

put the subject in the wrong field, i'm so sorry

While we're on the topic of browsers, what mobile browser would you recommend? Firefox? Nightly?

Selection in URL bar when?

Never

why tho

the project lasted longer than I predicted. good job

I can make the logo

Firefox or Icecat, chrome is shit snd good luck with multi tab.

Could one use something like wget to make connections like a browser, sending data like filling forms?

Yes it's absolutely doable. You should use curl for that though. To analyze what needs to be sent monitor http traffic.

How would one use curl as a browser? Like if I wanted to make a search engine search or look up a video on youtube or whatever

use your browser's network tab to see what request is responsible for the search and replicate the exact request with curl

browser's devtools network tab*

>pastebin.com/bnUU6kcu
Opera

The x64 win binary link on the site is broken.

Nada mal, buen trabajo

Why not just help out with development of brave? :^)

Where will you start for using wget/curl to fetch pages, something like quvi for media streams, and render with something like the render engine for netrunner? I mean, the project's goal was already thinking on this originally, not just making everything from scratch, so might as well try.

all work done on netrunner is sent upstream to brave

Not gonna lie, this browser is shit. It's never going to be good. I promise. Fucking obviously you put in some faggot ass anime shit.

Have you guys installed Adnauseam yet? Say fuck to google, fuck to chrome.

Make it full and include ffmpeg and imagemagick for video and image support an you get netrunner up and running in no time.

kys

you don't belong here senpai

>We are making a web browser
>We

you mean "We" as in some randos in a discord?

Cry chrome shill, cry

Why not call it Dieselspanner or something cool like HellfireX Browser?

why not call it anything

What was wrong with qute browser?

Using Moonman's going to backfire hard.

I would say its a filter.

>cant use correct fields
And I'm supposed to take you guys seriously?

This.

The state of netrunner.

>Or something cool like HellfireX Browser?
You must be 18 or older to visit this site

I wonder how can you tweak curl to do this. Passing proper options like user agent I believe is already supported, but how are forms filled?

Intenta hablar ingles en esto sitio web, maricon

Sup Forums

Firefox focus or icecat

Icecat

what's wrong with it?

That is not how you token

bump

>hilariously bad code taken straight from the netrunner repo
>bait

>This code is awful?
>Yes, we're planning to throw it away. It's just a proof-of-concept at the moment.
It's supposed to be replaced eventually, Chromeshill.

Where is odilitime? Why hasn't he done anything with his repo lately or done his status updates in a while?

>proof of concept parser
That's not a proof of concept. It's a parser written by someone who doesn't know anything about formal grammars.
Anyone with basic knowledge of formal language theory can tell you that.

Yes, that snippet of code is shit but why shit on the rest of the project just because lul pajeet-tier code?
If anything, it'll be interesting to see how the project unfolds.

>it will be interesting to see how a project full of pajeet-tier code unfolds
It's going to become unmaintainable and then it will die because nobody will care nor be able to improve it.

Neetrunner will always be just a Sup Forums meme.

With Chrome you can actually get work done.
It's not shilling when you tell the truth.

Sorry lads.

>cherrypicked one example
>lul it's all pajeet-tier code
Can you provide any kind of proof besides that HTML parser screenshot, downie?

Who cares.
Just install Chrome, fool.
There's no way you are actually using this trash.

Admit it!
You're probably using Chrome now, while you're talking shit.

Poor, poor child...

Why hello, James.

Nice save

>i can't provide any proof other than my meme-tier screenshot, but install chrome anyway xddddddd
I'm using Pale Moon for now by the way.

Thanks bro.
I love roasting these self entitled autists.

>m-muh furries browser

OMEGA GOOGLE WILL PUNISH YOU

It's not like I have any other choice, netrunner isn't usable for now and most likely won't be for the next few months.
>inb4 just install chrome, nothing to hide nothing to fear :^)

i've never seen somebody both so seethingly angry AND so wrong at the same time
this is the worst combination ever
stop talking
please

This
What is he doing anyway? I think I remember him saying he's restructuring the codebase or some shit like that?

You looking for a roasting? Here I am faggot. I'll give you 5 go's and roast ya in one go. Get to it cupcake.

Let's ignore all the style issues, questionable uses of shared_ptr, value parameters when a const reference would suffice, and the clusterfuck render architecture.

If the body of the http response starts with a CR it will cut two bytes from the front of the body until the first byte is no longer a CR because whoever wrote that shit can't write proper parsers.

I can see where everything that you mentioned is except the CR part, where could it be? Am I too dumb for not looking hard enough?

you know that a browser is going to be shit when one of the first things they implement is a way to change themes

Hey, I still think it's a lovely initiative. I'm having my fingers crossed.

Can you add a button to the interface that makes a little man dance in the corner?

Hey chrome shill, nice to see you are alive

bump

I'm here. Just finished corp tax now working on a consulting project. I need to finish this text refactor that's turning into a real bitch.

Good catch (I didn't write the netcode or parsers) will try to get that patched up.

Done to stop UI bikeshedding

Our window Jenkins box died a horrible death and still haven't been able to recover it

Nightly is pretty great right now.

>needing anything formal to create software

> It's a parser written by someone who doesn't know anything about formal grammars.

Do you know formal grammars, user ?

How much longer till work on netrunner resumes?

Work has resumed but there won't be any commits until I finish the text refactor. I will be working on netrunner on/off until I'm done with my contract

Will it be possible to enter URLs without the scheme, like boards.Sup Forums.org/g/ instead of >> ?

Fucked that up, but hopefully you'll get the idea

yes eventually. We talked about a local file check to make sure it doesn't exist as a file before we prepend an http://

Just make the rendering engine work. We can get HMTL anyway by downloading it from a million ways but not the rendering. Actually would be cool if you add an interface and just use a download manager for making connections.

second year cs major hear
i want to participate since i have to learn c for systems programming anyway but i have no idea whats going on
How do I (or should i even) work myself into this?
Pls no bully

Jump into IRC

done now what

Ask and wait

If you can't wait join the discord discord.gg/wNZER3

Monuments of success are built upon mountains of failure. Gtfo pleb.

I tried that from the website
Link is expired or im retarded

Seconding nightly. Feels like SUPER speed

>Link is expired or im retarded

Instructions unclear. Penis stuck in garden hose

>stacked tabs
>save previous state/sessions
>integraded note system(highlight shit, send to notes, add timestamp and site copied from)
pretty much Opera when Opera was GOAT
make it as lightweight as midori and portable too

Qué tiene de malo hablar en español?, pinche puta.

>Using a broswer built by 4chin
What could go wrong?

It's good to see the logos are already done, the most important part.

Don't do it, lad, the mods get antsy about it.

Maybe we can tweak this logo

ugly ass logo fa.m

>going to attempt to compete in the market for some of the most complex pieces of software in existence

>i'll organize it through Sup Forums

:-)

none of you are good enough to pull something like this off, NONE OF YOU CONSUMERIST FAGGOTS!