/cyb/ + /sec/: Cyberpunk and Cybersecurity General

/Cyb/er/sec/urity general is for the discussion of anything and everything related to cyberpunk and cybersecurity.

What is cyberpunk?
>pastebin.com/hHN5cBXB

Nothing to hide? - The importance of a cyberpunk mindset applied to a cybersecurity skillset.
>youtu.be/pcSlowAhvUk

Resources:
Cyberpunk:
Cyberpunk directory:
>pastebin.com/VAWNxkxH
Cyberpunk resources:
>pastebin.com/Dqfa6uXx
FAQ Version 5 preview 5 is here:
>pastebin.com/HFqvkMR7

Cybersecurity:
Cybersecurity essentials:
>pastebin.com/SCUbhpjP
Cybersecurity resources:
>pastebin.com/VTXRAPxM

Harden your OS, reroute your DNS and fire up the VPN!
Shit just got real: - Looking for more resources, help is welcomed.
>pastebin.com/rqrLK6X0

The Old Skool: - Looking for more resources, help is welcomed.
>0ld 5k00l h4ck3rz: 67.225.133.110/~gbpprorg/#40

Thread archive:
>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/subject/cyb/
>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/subject/sec/
>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text//cyb/ /sec//

Thread backup:
>cyberpunked.org/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/health-41269200
bbc.com/news/uk-41329782
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_of_Life_Institute
noncombatant.org/2016/06/20/get-into-security-engineering/
wiki.mysticbbs.com/doku.php?id=cryptlib
blackhat.com/eu-17/briefings/schedule/#how-to-hack-a-turned-off-computer-or-running-unsigned-code-in-intel-management-engine-8668
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>anyone have any idea what we need or what a good baseline would be?
50GB storage / 500GB transfer is a minimum. So far not enough people to justify more resource allocation and or overoptimize. Warez also are usually small, so this is decent, more can always be allocated later.
>X CPU Cores, Y RAM
No need for anything fancy. Content is static hosted. It would be nice to later have reverse proxy to many different user-mirrors and distributed web of trust for signatures, but no need atm. Whatever you can spare.

I'm doing a mock up on my own VPS right now to run through everything. Warez storage will likely be iffy depending on many hosts' ToS. Simple FTP seems like a good way to get a mess, some rules will have to be made to upload and then manually sorted serverside.

shalom fellow posters, anyone had any experience with Cisco hardware? Worth picking it up to play around with or should I buy something else?

this is a very important post please continue
reading; do I use Aqua Blue or Twilight ink to take
notes?

What is the best proxysite to use in instances where you can't alter the device.

What are you trying to do?

Quick search or browsing when I'm on the go with no access to my normal devices.

And to be completely honest browse Sup Forums at work.

it is industry standard in any fortune 500. so if you want a job with the big boys, it's a good move. if you want to do startups/small biz. juniper is probably a better bet and/or pfsense.

I imagine aside from propriety features the three are largely the same? I think I'll bite and buy some Cisco stuff then. Reckon that 3 switches and 3 routers should be enough to get a good feel?

Awesome !!!!!!

If it is something that you are interested in standing up or when you are interested in standing it up, let me know...if you need anything, let me know that as well.

I will kick in whatever I can time/work wise and take care of the financial aspect of it (paying for VPS, whatever else is needed).

Regardless, I will have the VPS purchased by 9:00am EST...I am currently working at the moment, but I should be more responsive here in the next couple hours.

I usually run my own servers on VPS or my extra laptop at home. You can setup a SOCKS proxy in seconds.

is Gray Hat Python not a bit old nowdays?

>I like the idea pf the wiki and warez srotage.
We already have an FTP site mentioned throughout these threads. it is open and not suited for hot warez but should be OK for documents.

=== /cyb/ News:
>UK scientists edit DNA of human embryos
bbc.com/news/health-41269200
>The team at the Francis Crick Institute are unravelling the mysteries of the earliest moments of life.

This will not produce viable life but is a step in that direction. It is interesting that the UK has been permissive in such experiments and could make it a leading nation in this technology.

So I haven't posted on /cyb/ in quite some time because family life and I have been working on my projects. Finally, almost complete on my neon sign project. All that is left is for some programming and it's done. I'm going to compile a walk-through for it probably over a month until it is done.

I have another LED "neon" sign in the works, and since I didn't document this well I'll just wind up doing it for that one more than likely. Hopefully more people start making them. In the cyber punk dystopian future I expected more neon signs. Hopefully if I make a guide people will start making them more. Sucks having the feel of a cyber punk dystopia without the aesthetic.

Pretty dope. What kind of lights did you use?

=== /cyb/ /RMA/ News

>Islamic State: UK military could honour drone pilots
bbc.com/news/uk-41329782
>Military drone pilots fighting so-called Islamic State could be awarded medals, the defence secretary has said.
>Sir Michael Fallon said there would be a review of how servicemen and women were recognised for contributions to UK operations "outside the battle space".
>Medals are currently given on the basis of rigour and risk, and when people are physically exposed to danger.

This is interesting development and in strong contrast to the "Nintendo medal" mess in the US. There has been a tradition to award risk taking to the point where meticulous planning that avoids casualties will reduce the medal count. This could also be an indicator that RMA is not totally dead in the UK. In that case the UK might also promote network centric military systems.

They're individually addressable LEDs. WS2812B strips. Using an Arduino as the controller, but you can sub in your favorite uC.

Keep us in check if you cross institutions too, like en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_of_Life_Institute

That is even more dope. Not trashy like regular lights and looks maximum kino. Does it really not give off any luminance or is that jus the camera?

The still picture is a better representation of what it looks like since I adjusted the white balance for that picture. It doesn't give of luminance around it because of the black backers that also give it depth. Unfortunately I don't have a good picture of them, but this is what it looks like more or less.

Is going into nature the true nature of cyberpunk?

Comrades, our team has been deployed to the other side of the country and we're going to be using third party PC's for the next few weeks. I need a reliable live system for my general computing, has anyone had experience with porteous, Linux lite or Knoppix before?

I assume that will be more secure than using someone else's OS.

bait

Reminder that larping isn't security, and certs are for people too dumb to do technical work

Puppy

What's the better and safety email?

I tried protonmail but need cellphone number or donation.

cock.li is a better option?

Hey dude, do your work on infosec?

>Infosec
No I do VR because I'm not a brainlet

any good resources for getting into reverse engineering?

>VR
What do you do in your work?

Routers and phone's

What do you do to them?

VR, most of it's fuzzing for bugs nowadays, but still a lot of reversing

beginners.re

Are you working on something of that right now?

Rn I'm writing reports and shitposting

thank

Any recommended resource to learn to make your own fuzzer or just anything related to that?

What kind of report? Is reverse engineering?

Read how afl works, also start learning about hypervisors, most shops have tooling they wrote in house

Dockets for customers about new products

I have experience with Knoppix STD...it was the first security -like distro I strated messing with back in 2006-2007...I am still partial to it...I broke it out a couple weeks ago, and while many of the tools are outdated, they funcction fine in most of the cases I tried...it is Deian based, so maybe an apt-get update can bring the tools back up to date if you adjust the repos to current gen distros.

Other live distros will work just as well also...I keep some of them with persistence (Backbox, Kali, Subgraph)...

I am liking Subgraph as a live distro as quite a bit...Devuan with all trffic run through Tor automatically, plus a tight set of Iptable rules configured from jump.

I had actually broken Knoppix STD out looking for a copy of SATAN...no dice though,(guess I will have to look a SAINTor maybe SARA since SATAN seemsdifficult to find).

I was looking on Knoppi STD for some other difficult to find toold as well...one was a vuln scanner dedicated to HP systems I can't think of the name of now.

>afl
Nice seems cool, didn't think fuzzing would be this easy. I had actually never even read anything fuzzing related. And what about hypervisors, you want me to learn how to VM? Do you mind telling me how that helps? I understand why you would fuzz in a VM but I don't really get the point of learning about hypervisors being extremely imporant.

I like cock.li and the services he is running there like Cockbox...just be careful of the Cock.li domain frontend as it uses Javascript...maybe better off using Cock.li as the provider and using another program for retrieval like Torbirdy, Claws or Onionmail if you are intersted in privacy aspect of e-mail (including use of PGP/OpenGP).

Admittedly I am a bit out of date with development s with Tor e-mail services, ut looking there will get you started.

Also, Torguard has a pretty good "anonymous" e-mail service you can pay for with a temp e-mail and gfttcard (CVS, Subway) while using Tor and/or a VPN, though you may want to use Selektor with that since some payment options like giftcards are restricted to the US.

Being able to set the context for an entire vm at once allows you to fuzz one function super fast, think of vmwares snapshotting feature
If all you want to do is fuzz some deserialization call, you can have everything elses context saved up to that point and start execution right at the deserialization function, only modifying what's being sent in
Now you can run one vm on each core, and you're doing insane iterations compared to before

I was aware of the FTP though I haven't looked in it yet...I was looking to establish more of a penthouse, top floor type of setup for interested parties...kind of like a digital hackerspace that could also serve as a repository and wiki (with other services always possible) for the rest of the community..

This way if the thread ever dies for even short periods, the work and ideas that can/could bed/grow from here continue to be realized.

I understand that my vision of what this could be is a bit in flux, fuzzy and a bit naive, however, I have been around the block a bit and have a gut feeling this could work here...also, I have the financial means to support most any failure that could ensue, as I fear unrealized opportunities more then modest financial losses

I see, I guess I get it now. Will surely be on my list of things to learn once I finish a small project I started just yesterday.

I know about the FTP but what you say sounds hot. Let me give you my 2 cents.
I love retro stuff because things give ideas. Old school BBS worked as an interception of mail, bulletin boards and file sharing. I hear in China the BBS are popular and can circumvent restrictions, is anything like that we can use?

Like a hackerspace/communal workspace, I like the idea of a warez repository too...I bet some folks frequenting this thread have some interesting shit at their disposal...of course, there would be some serious logistic issues in keeping malicious versions (programs that aren't outright disclosed as malicious but are backdoored) and making sure shit like the the sink steg don't end up taking up space, but I think talented people probably abound as daily visitors to g and/or cyb+sec, and if we can refine that, the community and the world could be better for it.

Might sound a bit crazy, but have you thought about making an anonymous textboard? It would solve the issue of /sec/ having to follow the Sup Forums's pace and to have some more directed discussions on stuff.

Along with the repos of course.

s/follow the/follow/

I should go to sleep.

That is funny because I was actually looking at some of the BBS linked in one of the cyb pages, and I like the idea quite a bit...

Ideally, I'd like something that puts those who want to be involved a bit off the beaten track, so if that means hidden service, BBS, gopher space, I am for all ideas...

I have a solid list of bullet proof providers who don't really care about what happens traffic wise as long as you are using a VPN or other safeguards to keep their IPs from being blacklisted to hell.

I also have setup hidden services and relays before (clients want to see the Tor boogeyman), and am partial to them, though I do not think Tor is as bullet proof as it was back in 2007 (I didn't use it from 2004inception onto 2007), but I believe it has a place in a redundant privacy chain.

Ultimately, I am down with going anyway this community wants to go...I know I have also heard about a Usenet site that some had migrated too, and another user dropped me the addie (encoded/encrypted) for an eep site. that I would like to check out.

Ultimately, I didn't like the feeling that I felt when this place looked like splitsville, and I would like to be part of spurring something constructive that springs from here, because I think this general has the makings of something great.

>maderas posting like a mad man
The spooks finally got him.
0101100011011001010010000001101001011001100010000001111001011011110111010100100000011011000110100101101011011001010010000001100011011011110110001101101011

If you are going that way, BBS seems private enough, also sets the bar of entrance because is not done over a browser. Some BBS offer all the services and I imagine you can make or reuse an existent software.

Image board is a great idea....maybe with some sort of setup so people can have their own space for their warez and two showcase data/research to other peeps within the community.or links to other repos they think are cool...so maybe everyone can develop their own personal pastes which helps everyone out.....

So kind of like a myspace configuration + imageboard, but with none of the other attention whoring shit that goes with social networks... I fucking despise them

You mean a showcase w/ comments?

>tfw got a server cabinet for free but own no rack servers

What do? Thinking of using it as a bar cabinet, but I need to get something to use as shelves. It's quite a long server cabinet, I don't know much about server stuff except what a 2U chassis looks like. I think one would fit in it, but it would be too short. What do?

I don't know, maybe an imageboard/textboard with boards related to topics such as VR, RE/Malware, pentesting etc. and stickies with good resources in whatever topics. But no off-topic boards please, that would just degrade quality and make some sort of circlejerking more possible.

Don't really like the idea of having profiles or similar. Maybe managing repo accounts with pub-priv keys and a random identifier given by the server used as username?

I was actually thinking of making this a thing when the split happened, but life got a bit harder and I'm very busy now. I could still maybe give you a hand on decisions and ideas and help you give form to this. I'll most probably be back tomorrow at this time minus 6 hours and see if there's some progress or whatever.

Any way to contact you directly?

No bro...I the only spooks here are the ghosts in my head and those in my past (and the shadow people after I have been up too long working).

I have a couple hours between the engagement I am on (which is closing up), so I am just shooting the shit with my peeps.

Also, I have a strong distaste for abused authority and coercion...I have also fought professionally (I am not adverse to violence, which is most of the fear of jail), have been an activist since before it was cool (though I keep my mouth shut here because my politics do not matter)l, and am not a stranger to the justice system, so I am capable of doing time if I ever had too.

Not that I am stating what I am proposing has anything at all to do with illegal activity. I am just stating that while I cannot pass judgement on Sabu, I would not want to live with my name in the community being synonym for traitor and rat...as someone who has been dead before, (for a short period) there are worse things then death.

Everyone should be suspicious though, so transparency would have to be a huge part of this...I would want the project to be transparent and be open to auditing by the community, 100%.

ANyone is says "trust me" is usually a snake, and solid people are rare these days...I would rather be accountable to anyone here who I would hold common cause with and have them make up their own minds.

Careful about making yet another forum. I am not against but don't expect a lot of transit if you are making it too niche and hard to find. Might be more lucky by asking Sup Forums to make another board.

I didn't mean profiles...now that you just used that word, the individual aspect as related by any social networking sounds like a terrible idea,

Maybe just space for peeps if they want it with an html text page available to them if they so wished.

If I/we go the image board route, it would probably just be one huge page...just stuff related to sec and cyb only.

I'm the user who posted-
noncombatant.org/2016/06/20/get-into-security-engineering/

And some guy in the last thread posted the following-

"Now I remember it was noncombatant. Terrible advice intertwined in a self-promoting and hollow blog post. Fuck you Chris, even if you won't see this I hope my bad vibrations reach you and make you spill your premium-import hand-squeezed espresso onto your skinny pants and have the heat thermally sterilize you.

To the user that recommended this blog post, please check what you're posting before you're posting, because some of us consume these things solely because of the recommendation. A bad one wastes everyone's time. Thank you.

The author suggests it take years to build the foundations for which he listed, but I refute this by saying you can learn these all within a month by allocating a few hours every week to focused study. I agree that there is way too much to learn now a nights, but that should be taken into account by students in utilizing their time the best they can, whether or not they're ready for it is another discussion.
"

I thought it was a decent blog post. You see the books he mentioned pop up on most infosec reading lists, and it's going to take a few years to gain experience in ANY job, not just infosec.

I've been thinking about making something more for a while, so the following will be my thoughts and not attacks the posters or whatever dumb shit is presumed.
This is the right idea, but you need gate keeping and the right people. If you let just anyone in you'll get your Eternal September shit all over again. The only way to mitigate this is with "accounts" or a store of whether you're a shitheel or not. Rep is a circlejerk, so a binary standard recommendation should work better. You start out in the "play pen" with other noobs until someone who knows his shit sees you post good shit and then you can now do more shit. There's no way to keep a nomadic thing like this alive without a community, either.
"Github but for Malware." Have it, once again, go through a prescreen.
There are already many anonymous text boards and they usually die or fill up with siht. There is not enough content flowing and not enough reason to stick around. People are people.
>hidden services, etc.
Preferably the warez repos will be hosted on I2P and the "forum" on the clearnet. The first allows us all to mitigate legal repercussions in draconian empires and the second does not make the foolish trade off of sacrificing usability so your government doesn't know you browse spongebob porn. Posting and contributing is another story.
>Ultimately, I am down with going anyway this community wants to go...I know I have also heard about a Usenet site that some had migrated too, and another user dropped me the addie (encoded/encrypted) for an eep site. that I would like to check out.
>eep site
You didn't go deep enough. The final result is a clearnet example of what you're talking about and it will also show you how terrible the idea of a BBS is. Did you forget about octopusi?
Blog Part 1, Subscribe or wait for Part 2

Yeah I wouldn't go other forum either....maybe one long ass, unending board with one huge ass paste that is constantly added to when good materials/ideas comethrough...possibly IRC as well. but that is kind of a privacy nightmare from my experience,though I haven't really lookd heavily into IRC privacy tech...

Thank you to all the anons helping me think this out...this is exactly why I brought the subject here (and the fact that this is the only community I interact regularly with...and that this place is the basis for my wanting to undertake this prokject).

I didn't take any of that as an attack brother...thank you in fact...that is all very good advice....I wouldn't want it to be a spoon feeding type vibe, that is the entire antipathy of what this community is and should be...sharing hardwon insights with those working toward their own is key...and your other privacy insights are correct I think....off clearnet I think is the best way to go...maybe not a Hell the door is pretty much locked type vibe, but gatekeeping will be key.

I would ask noone to spare my feelings in this...the project will be better realized if more technically competent people spare me blind grasping at my own stupidity.

> I would like to be part of spurring something constructive that springs from here
You and the three other people who know anything about infosec are the only people with these ambitions. The general pop is lurkers, students, and learners. They masturbate and hope for an easy life. Either you misjudged them or this really is the honeypot my mother told me to stay away from ;). You can however scrape the reminents of talent from many places to get enough.
There are current problems with internet forums that have not been solved yet. I am thinking of how this can be implemented, but most implementations have been tried and failed. A community cannot rely on the framework of its tools to keep it together. It must actively facilitate its cohesion. Whatever you make doesn't matter as much as the people you allow in. People will communicate with NAND gates to form simple primitave messages using sticks and rubber bands if your community is worth it.
The people who have time to post on BBSes do so because they have nothing else to do. You are more likely to get knowledgeable people if you can have a reason for them to use your service. One way is what madman maderas explained as a "showcase"/"shitterspace" to show off, and then have a discussion medium for everyone else to ooh and aah over it. This might work the best out of everything so far said, but it must be put forth onto the clay from man's mind, otherwise it's just another get rich quick scheme. A basic format must be drawn up.
>Any way to contact you directly?
SPOOKS IN THE WIRE
>No bro...I the only spooks here are the ghosts in my head and those in my past (and the shadow people after I have been up too long working).
Every so often it feels as though something will go wrong, but it doesn't. Not yet anyway.
>everything else
Auditing won't stop rats. There needs to be an insulator between everyone and the tool you let them use.
Blog P2 -- cum 4 more

Could be shared among other cybersec peers that aren't fullblown retarded. People that probably want a place to talk in that's reasonably decent. Not attached to Sup Forums, but still holding the same values that you'd expect /sec/ to have.

Was thinking that instead of making it too hard to find, to make sure that you have knowledge by maybe locking boards with some sort of semi-easy challenges.

Oh, I wildly guessed you meant having those, which actually didn't make much sense with your last sentence.

>maybe one long ass, unending board
Muh compartmentalization.

> There is not enough content flowing
Our field is heavily fast paced, there's news everyday.

>The only way to mitigate this is with "accounts" or a store of whether you're a shitheel or not.
What do you think of what I suggested earlier? "Maybe managing repo accounts with pub-priv keys and a random identifier given by the server used as username?"
Repo accounts, or accounts in general.

Maybe having repos on I2P are alright,but what are you doing by killing the idea of BBS? Is not like that. We need services, and not just yet another attempt at replacing what we have and risking it all.

Gotta go back to work anons...I will grab the VPS later and be back in a few...

Stay safe everyone and thanks for the input!!

Glad this place is back.

You would need a session to keep track of if they solved the puzzle or it's just a front door that you can direct link past and is worthless.

Wasn't that implied?

Before you go balls deep into one idea, think. What kind of storage you want? What kind of chat do you want? Is not all the same.

For storage I agree having something on I2P resembling FTP, or better yet Gopher. With Gopher you get to do a wiki, as the thing lets you read text files on screen right?

For the chat on the other hand be careful. Maybe you need to consider if you want persistence, which probably IRC won't give you (or it could if you provide a bouncer). Or something like a mailing list, which can also work on I2P by the way.

What do you think of what I suggested earlier? "Maybe managing repo accounts with pub-priv keys and a random identifier given by the server used as username?"
Repo accounts, or accounts in general.

I love this idea and am definitely for it. Everything else you said is a big TRUE....the goal is to find talented and coachable I guess....Also I am getting ready to start up testing again and have been for the last 30 minutes....I just didn't want to be rude, cause your ideas ae rock solid,

Gots to go now for a bit....ifddnt reply to you yet, I appreciate the input and will do so ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!

Last reply., sorry for lack of green text 62536959!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I am not rusian, but i am rushing!!!!!Later everyone!!!!!!!!!!

>Our field is heavily fast paced, there's news everyday.
A lot of it is noise. "X vulnerability comes to light," "jobs jobs jobs," "when will they learn?" etc.

>What do you think of what I suggested earlier? "Maybe managing repo accounts with pub-priv keys and a random identifier given by the server used as username?"
>Repo accounts, or accounts in general.
Good. This is what Snowden's CSPACE uses. You could decentralize the "account" and abstract it to just a hash. Everyone uses a priv-pub pair to access the site, post, etc. and when you're trusted yours gets elevated status, etc.
The BBS is an abomination. It is neither good for chit chat like IRC is, nor for currated and thoughtful posts like traditional forums are.
I2P hosts the repo content, but the descriptors and pages are all clearnet. This is only for providing anonymity on whether you downloaded a warez or not.
>We need services, and not just yet another attempt at replacing what we have and risking it all.
I need elaboration on what this means.
>challenges
Don't. You get people who are smart and figure everything out, but all it takes is one retard to give out the answers to the test and now everyone gets in. I know this because I was this retard.
>all this emotion in the comments
I hope you're not all talk, maderas. I hope this is not just some retard pretending to be a maderas.
!!!!!!!

I don't know how chat would be helpful besides a stray Q&A every so often.

>I need elaboration on what this means.
I meant the storage is one half, chat is another. Maybe you are right about BBS, but I imagined not all BBS were the same and some advance was done in recent years.
Not sure how you guys want to keep a chat here, and with chat I mean posting too. What maderas said is he wants a single board with no ending and a single thread, if I am not mistaken. I imagine his aim is persistence and that could work.

Then no chat is the alternative but just a wiki. More easy.

>I meant the storage is one half, chat is another. Maybe you are right about BBS, but I imagined not all BBS were the same and some advance was done in recent years.
Boards have risen and fallen, but there has been a severe lack of innovation. The most obscure boards use a brick wall background and simple PHP. The ones who are decent have mingled amongst themselves and transferred to other mediums.
>Not sure how you guys want to keep a chat here, and with chat I mean posting too. What maderas said is he wants a single board with no ending and a single thread, if I am not mistaken. I imagine his aim is persistence and that could work.
This will get bloated very fast if strict rules are not set in place.
A wiki is good, but not on its own. In the other thread I mentioned wiki+IRC, wiki+board works too, etc. Wiki by itself won't make a community. People go where there are people.

>The ones who are decent have mingled amongst themselves and transferred to other mediums.
Aren't modern BBS like MysticBBS akin to a CMS though? Maybe I am mistaked.
>This will get bloated very fast if strict rules are not set in place.
Agree.
>wiki+IRC
I like this idea in particular, doesn't try to be a jack of all trades and fulfills a purpose.
What are your thoughts on storage? I am not familiar with FTP on I2P but I hear some guys made work gopher on I2P. I lean to gopher because you can see information on screen and navigate a filesytem in a sane hierarchy.

>Don't.
Was thinking of changing the answers periodically and maybe the challenges too. But yeah, it really does just take one guy to ruin the structure.

But do you have another idea? Can't think of anything better right now.

I'd go for wiki+board. Still don't really like much the idea of one board one thread maderas wants. Some sort of order needs to be set. If you don't want several boards maybe just keep it to one, but allow more threads.

Eitherway I'm going out like maderas now, let's hope tomorrow we can all be here together again.

>Aren't modern BBS like MysticBBS akin to a CMS though? Maybe I am mistaked.
My mistake. I was talking about pseudo-BBS like chans et al. The problem with telnet is that it can neither be anonymous nor private unless you setup a middle-man and it no longer beceomes telnet but an HTTPS page.
>storage
I'm not well-versed in everything here. I2P uses a simple p2p client to transfer files. I don't if you can access CLI FTP through I2P though.
If no concession can be reached, try all of them and pick which one sticks best.
>Was thinking of changing the answers periodically and maybe the challenges too. But yeah, it really does just take one guy to ruin the structure.
Then it becomes a game of learning a specific set of challenges instead of being a cool dude.
> But do you have another idea? Can't think of anything better right now.
Recommendation/invite system. Put everyone else into a separate place and pick them out if they show potential.

>Board vs IRC
Dilemma.

I'd be interested in your guide. I have a uC and similar LED strips lying around that I could put to some use.

>telnet
Mystic can use ssh wiki.mysticbbs.com/doku.php?id=cryptlib
Probably others can into ssh. But this doesn't answer the final problem of which is the use case. Maybe something similar like nntpchan/sshchan would be cool.
>Board vs IRC
This depends on the use case. Do you want separate threads? Imgeboards. Do you want real time? IRC? Do you want a mix of both? Textboards. And we haven't talked about mailing lists as an alternative.

when you do inline assembly with C, do you have to use AT&T syntax?

I don't think we've discussed what the use case is. All is "place to store warez, then showcase them, then talk about them." Or communal secspace.

Storage and access in one side is almost certainly I2P probably through FTP, although I suggest gopher on I2P be considered. To talk about it is the question now. Do we need parallel discussions or just a single all-in-all thread? Maybe textboards are the answer or do you absolutely want image posting? I wouldn't like avatars though, but having accounts for posting are not a bad idea. Or is this all wrong and we prefer an editable content and we should go for a wiki?

i believe its AT&T/UNIX only if using gcc

>and simple PHP
Given the track record of PHP that would be pretty ironic. Also got to get off page 8.

Just use FTP and sshchan over I2P.

I'm looking at changing my phone's OS to Plasma Mobile. Does anyone have any experience with it, or should I write up some thoughts?

Based on the introductory video it's ugly as sin a slightly laggy, with not a ton of "normie" apps, but I think it could turn into something comfy as fuck with a little TLC.

tl;dr - am I a pioneer?

wow. its like looking into my future.

The light is cool enough but your justification is amazing. 'Miren hard

Any recommendations for VPNs Sup Forums? There's a lot of stuff and I can't make up my mind, I need a good speed VPN for torrenting on a 70mbps connection.

Why doesn't the pastebin like Telegram?
I think it's top notch.
Is it just because chats aren't end-to-end by default?

I like PIA.
Haven't done an in depth analysis of its competitors though

>Telegram
There has been a lot of scepticism regarding security.

blackhat.com/eu-17/briefings/schedule/#how-to-hack-a-turned-off-computer-or-running-unsigned-code-in-intel-management-engine-8668

I have been using AirVPN for the last 3 years and it has been really rock solid. I highly recommend them