Mfw when found hackernews about a year ago

>mfw when found hackernews about a year ago
>mfw when I think can finally be free from the retards on Sup Forums
>mfw when hackernews is not perfect but at least the good to bad post ratio is miles better than the stuff you see on Sup Forums every day
>fast foward to only two months ago
>content gets progressively shittier for no reason
>fast forward to today
>I see a thread on transgenders on a tech forum out of all places

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=15292401

What the actual fuck, is this what working in tech feels like? Seriously thinking of changing career plans, Sup Forumsentlemen.

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/03/12/the-astonishing-village-where-little-girls-turn-into-boys-aged-1/
github.com/kelukelugames/Last-Words/blob/master/README.md
n-gate.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

HN is actually more conservative than /neo-g/

But the discussion has gotten much worse regardless.

>mfw (my face when) when

>my face when my face when when

>thinking of changing career plans
please do

Fuck you

>thread on autosage
Sup Forums is not even worth to shitpost in, who would have guessed.

Garbage threads like that are not a new thing. Just ignore them.

>mfw no face

Also welcome to IT
Get used to it

The f obviously implied "my fun when", you fucking retard.

This is just a part of life now.
Transgender people are "in your face" about it.
Its annoying to see it everywhere.

>What's interesting to me is that these boys are raised as girls but feel like boys, which means that there's something physical that makes us "feel our gender".
No shit. Are people really this braindead?

Yeah that's what he said. Even MORE conservative.

pretty much,
pro-tranny discussions can pretty much be reduced to "its true because i believe it is true", with plenty of psuedoscience, mental gymnastics and redefining words all over.

what game is that? looks fun

Splatoon.

Genocide is the only way.
Hitler was right

It's almost like guys interested in tech and a bunch of beta autistic fucks regardless of where they congregate.

Regardless, that conversation about transgenderism is exponentially more intelligent than anything this whole website can mutter.

Doesn't matter where you side on the topic; but being able to put forth your idea in a well constructed response to differing ideas is not Sup Forums's strongest suit.

>i think transgenderism is OK
>KEK KEK KEK FUCKING KEK
>GO BACK TO Sup Forums AHHHHH

He is being ironic, not?

>madshiva

He's just being Indian.

I agree. People come up with actual argument and besides. It's their life, they do whatever they want as long as they don't throat feed me their beliefs I'm cool

SJW nuts and trannies are allergic to hard physical labour, take this info and make the most of your future.

You know what I've been wondering?

How come *tech* got invaded by the SJW/feminazi/"I'm a pansexual demiqueer femhobbit" cunts?

Wall Street / Hollywood / etc. are a thousand times more sexist and racist than tech.

So how come we got attacked? Is it because we're weak autistic nerds who wouldn't dare to fight back? Is it a result of gaymergate?

I love these
>atm machine
>pin number
>mfw when

Saying "ATM machine" and "pin number" are both socially acceptable to use.

It's because we're the weak guys who go progressive to get chicks in college

Every site with user generated content becomes shit as they get too many users.

Couldn't have said it better.

It's because of the meritocracy meme. It doesn't matter if you're tattooed from head to toe, contribute nothing to your community, and have the personality of a wet paper bag as long as you "can code". This attracts the dregs of society, from social justice warriors to the fuckwits on Sup Forums.

Meant for

>hackernews
the never go full retard quote really applies to full extent in this scenario.
protip: you went full retard OP

>Transgender people are "in your face" about it.
not if you don't let it bother you

I wrote a program to downvote tptacek

If you actually read the article you will discover they're not really trannies. Actually closer to hermaphrodites. I guess the reason this was posted was because it was more like a new scientific discovery.

The typical "transgender" that people associate the term with are born completely male/female than decide to artificially change genders later. These kids change genders naturally.

>The rare genetic disorder occurs because of a missing enzyme which prevents the production of a specific form of the male sex hormone - dihydro-testosterone - in the womb.

>All babies in the womb, whether male or female, have internal glands known as gonads and a small bump between their legs called a tubercle. At around eight weeks, male babies who carry the Y chromosome start to produce dihydro-testosterone in large amounts, which turns the tubercle into a penis. For females, the tubercle becomes a clitoris.

>But some male babies are missing the enzyme 5-α-reductase which triggers the hormone surge, so they appear to be born female with no testes and what appears to be a vagina. It is not until puberty, when another huge surge of testosterone is produced, that the male reproductive organs emerge. What should have happened in the womb happens around 12 years later. Their voices deepen and they finally grow a penis.

telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/03/12/the-astonishing-village-where-little-girls-turn-into-boys-aged-1/

And now these genderqueer ponies are telling us the "meritocracy" isn't real and we need forced diversity.

Do coal miners have to deal with this shit?

Well if it's a meritocracy, why are the neon-crayonheads so shit at it?

github.com/kelukelugames/Last-Words/blob/master/README.md

lol I knew other people have noticed this guy as well

YCombinator (i refuse to refer them as h****** news) was going down the shitter about 3 years ago. There was a time that it was a really interesting, vaporware sort of place.

but it got popular.

anything popular becomes shit.

debate me (you can't).

yeah HN is pretty cancer and low key always has been

it's the worst of the worst of Sup Forums, reddit, past-their-prime elitist dinosaurs, ancaps, get-rich-quick trustfund chads, desperate indians and other third-worlders, conartists, marketers, head hunters, and CS101 children all absolutely radiantly beaming with naive piety at the altar of venture capitalism and the endless wellspring of technology. every last one of them thinks they're anointed members of some aristocracy, convinced they're so fucking enlightened and wise, that every last one of them will seize upon the next gold rush. it's a sad cult of deluded ideologues proselytizing one fad after the next with zero sincerity or self-awareness.

>>mfw when found hackernews about a year ago

You're one of the newfags who ruined HN.

You don't get to complain, newfag.

This site is fucking dead to me now. There's nothing to replace the variety of discussion that used to occur on here. At least I have more time for my real hobbies now.

this is what working in tech feels like if you live in america.
Nobody cares about this shit in europe

I remember these threads being made in 2011. You only think it's shit because you're trying to feel superior to others. It's not hard to feel confident in your tech knowledge without having to resort to memes like this.

I am not some Sup Forumsster, but I don't know if I would prefer to be surrounded by SJWs or muslims. Are muslims and the arab population in general that much of a problem over there or is it overplayed by alt-righters?

I have no idea because I literally never go outside my home, at least muslims don't follow me online, unlike trannies

Hackernews is great in some aspects like Slashdot used to be. That is, some of the people posting are actually doing shit with their lives.

Not to say it doesn't have its serious detractions. Because I like violating the prime directive, you should also check out n-gate.com

>doing shit with their lives.
Being a wage slave in a datacenter or "tech guy" in a corporation is hardly "doing something with their lives".

What you really meant is they're making lots of money.

I'm not talking about the run of the mill wageslaves.

I mean when people who are the leads of large projects/companies post in related articles, and it's refreshing because it isn't some Reddit AMA-format garbage.

This.

>socially acceptable
Do... do you get lynched if you say "mfw when" where you live? You should come to the land of free, home of the brave, user.

Every one of those groups is a more interesting set of people than the comment section of the average news aggregator.

YC has very little to do with HN.

Although the decline of YC is so much sadder than the decline of HN.

>cool incubator for programmers
>let nerds build cool shit
>normies(phb/mbadudes) get out reee

2017:
>Female Founders conference
>Non-technical nigger CEO
>Most of the partners never wrote a line of code
>half the companies in every recent batch are run by MBA faggots
>10 pajeet companies every batch

Dumbasses should have kept themselves pure. Instead they chose to diversify and let worthless charlatans like Kat Manalac in as partners. This is what happens when you sacrifice your culture for the sake of diversity.

That's not even transgender tho

No one's gonna listen to facts. This is Sup Forums. They'd rather argue about trannies than actually stay on topic.

They're not. Loud genderqueer neo-marxist social-constructivist mentally-ill retards on tumblr are in your face about it. Actual transgender people don't want to be more visible or used as a political football.

Social justice warriors proclaim to speak for a group of "oppressed" people, even though nobody fucking elected them to do so. They push authoritarian legislation claiming to be fighting for diversity and equality and any dissent is treated as an attack against the "oppressed" and vulnerable group that they claim to be representing. They call you a trans-phobic racist nazi to shut you up and carry on their merry way taking away your rights. Its basically like ISIS using civilian populations as shields so we can't bomb them.

The reason you have to hear about this shit in tech is because tech is full of spineless turd nu-male beta leftists. The best thing you can do about it is to improve yourself, learn everything you can, become a strong capable individual and fight it when a tiny part of this bullshit manifests itself in your life.

Seed funding they do was something novel when they started. Now there is so much competition, so much money to go around.

>mfw you need an account
i'll pass

got you bro
assshitfuck

>Most have decreased amounts of facial hair and smaller prostate glands relative to the average male.

I was wondering if that were the case.

>get email notification
>someone tried to sign in!
>here's their location and ip
i'll pass again

Low barriers to entry plus tech has always been for outcasts and weirdos, finance is for type A personalities.

The main offices of the biggest tech corporations are based in SJW ground zero.

They don't have tech like that. The account system is very crude in a good way.

Yes, and if you dare to speak out against the received wisdom of bay area 20 year olds on the issues of feminism or women in tech, dang will be around to shadowban your account within thirty seconds.

He is a petty tyrant who believes he can shape public opinion through iron fisted censorship. It's best to just pretend those postings don't exist. In fact, it's the only winning move.

>Is [political issue] overplayed by [political group]?
You know the answer. Europe is still much less diverse than murika.

Half of this board wears programming socks and the other half faps to them.

>Why you frameworks are killing web development, and why that's a good thing
>How I increased my productivity by reducing my work hours from 40 to just 10 a week
>Why is Vue so good, and why that's a bad thing
>How jQuery saved JavaScript, why it killed it
>How I learned to lie to get ahead and why I regret it
>Six tools you aren't using right and why that's a good thing

HackerNews is cancer

isn't progress funny?

one minute you're the pioneer, next minute, you're the cause of all suffering

what gender are you?

No.
It feels like getting paid below the poverty line and then you get fired and replaced by pajeet because hell happily do the same work for less than half of what you make.

Don't forget

>muh climate change
>muh basic income
>muh 83 pages of offtopic bullshit (newyorker.com)

I've been actively ruining the site content. I have enough points that down votes don't hurt me. It helps to submit worthless shit like r/latestagecapitalism posts. Makes great bait. They go in and SJW their little hearts out, and I down vote them all.

They aren't transgender though, they're born without a dick, they still have the XY chromosome but they lack the dick, then when puberty kicks in they grow their dick, they're boys from the day they're born

If you have a vagina you're not a boy.

I still read it sometimes but not every day. I used to read it multiple times a day 10 years ago.

False.
Some boys have vaginas.

lmao retard successfully deflected from HN and the whole field

Helichopper

second this

Only in the Valley.
Work in tech outside the valley and you'll be free of any number of cancers.
Also avoid obvious bait threads on HN.
Sometimes I think people make them to bait all the snowflakes into one thread so that other threads can go unmolested.
The only reason I read HN in the first place is because it's text only, so it loads fast on my phone.

Isn't Hacker News just techno-Reddit for people who like to think themselves intelligent?

Because Sup Forums is totally where the real smart people hang out, that don’t have complexes about their intelligence...

Did I touch a nerve there user?

>banning people and calling them racist is a well constructed response

we're meek introverts

you're forgetting the largest or at least most prominent demographic on HN: trendy web developers who always have a twitter lynch mob on-the-go

if you're in a city it's bloody bad

99% of HN was always shit. It's full of webshit, politics, economics, law (licensing and patents) and consumerism (much like Sup Forums, but proportions between these are different). All threads of these topics are usually complete shit but sometimes entertaining. Non-webshit programming threads can be good and sometimes great. They are rare though.

>scihub is communism
Wew

Good job, I hate that guy.

Just searched for my first HN account and it's 8 years old. So yeah I was using HN for at least 10 years

Don't be so sensitive. Stuff like that pops up there just like a lot of other random potentially interesting stuff does. At least the discussions have a little bit of variation to them compared to Sup Forums.

>So, not to be a troll, but can anyone actually vouch for the legitimacy of this? I don't really doubt it's legitimacy, and it's nice to think that gender is not just a psychological spectrum but a biological one too, but this article is completely devoid of sources.
>I was a tortoise until age 7. Being a reptile is a bummer, and my tutle penis didn't develop until age 45. Most people born in CA are like this... Just sayin'.
YAMERO

>because being transgender is not a mental illness like depression,
This thread is a gold mine.

That's pretty hot.

hacker news is cancerous faggot shit from socal, nothing good comes out of there anymore.
Every once in a while an interesting article pop out but honestly it is not worth reading it anymore.
5 years ago it was much better.