Thoughst on buying 2012 macbook just for the aesthetic and installing arch?

thoughst on buying 2012 macbook just for the aesthetic and installing arch?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B01CVOLVPA/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

*thoughts

Do what you like. Dont be a sheeple.

Shit plan though.
MacBooks are only good with macOS.
Like macOS is only good with MacBooks.

It's just a shit waste of time what you're planning to do.

>macOS is only good with MacBooks.
my T420 hackintosh says otherwise

Your hackintosh is shit.
Nothing you say will disprove that.

Enjoy that "magic trackpad...trackpoint" of yours.

if I ever need something else than the trusty clitmouse, which is never, oh hey what do you know, the magic trackpad works ootb as does the touch wacom

No, buy a PowerBook g4

This, the keyboard was goat.

Linus torvalds would disagree.

queer

I FUCKING HATE APPLE R3EEEEEEEEE

Do what you want?

Aren't we supposed to be the non-conformist faggots? Buy a Dell, buy a ThinkPad, suck a dick, do literally whatever isn't illegal that also makes you happy.

Go for it.
Apple is trash but if you use another OS it's not so bad.

Poorfag mactoddler.

>for the aesthetic
Or you could buy any decent looking silver PC laptop and slap an Apple sticker on the top.

*thots

I have a Wacom Intuos Pen & Touch Medium tablet (pretty sure that’s the one, discontinued now) and it’s pretty fucking /comfy/ dude. I always thought their products were total memes, but I actually really enjoy drawing with it, and on the rare occasions that I have to bust out my pirated photoshop 2012/2015 to do a bit of light graphic work, it’s very nice to have. For a $100 investment that is useful for years and years, I give it 8/10.
Seems like a poor choice to me, unless you actually get a good deal on it. I’m talking $450 or less, with 8gb ram, and even then I’d be edgy about it. Usually you get 2012 MBP for >$500 if you have more than the bare bones on it, 4gb ram and a spinning disk 5400rpm shitdrive.
You can get pic related for $750 with a PCIe SSD and 8gb ram, has good aesthetics for the price, a better processor, more upgrade able and customizable over time, and is actually made for Linux. Plus, the keyboard arrow keys are full. None of the half sized up and down key bullshit.

But anyways, that’s just my opinion, you can’t put a price on appeal to taste so you’re gonna do what you wanna do at the end of the day. And if your budget ends at $500 or something then it’s not even an option, cause if you want more than a 120GB ssd for the OS, you need to spend a little bit more money too.

Not when this happens...

>mac
>arch

This is peak smug autism

Just run macOS. It's got a terminal so you can pretend you're a hacker, but a nice GUI.

>taking a picture of a screen
>taking a picture of a of a computer screen showing a working OS
>taking a picture of a of a computer screen showing a working OS and uploading it rotated incorrectly
>phoneposting a picture of a computer screen showing a working OS and uploading it rotated incorrectly

Are you sure you belong on Sup Forums?

>MacBooks are only good with macOS.
Complete bullshit. It runs everything you want perfectly fine.

CMD + Shift + 3 for fullscreen screenshot
CMD + Shift + 4 for selecting and capturing an area of the screen

It's all part of stock MacOS, how can you not know this? Holy shit.

the only reason to buy apple is for the OS imo.

why do people consider mac products aesthetic?
the glossy screens are awful. glossy == "aesthetic" for poor people

Yeah, Apple truly has the worst displays.
I‘d rather get a Thinkpad with matte display which is essentially a glossy screen with an anti-reflection foil glued on that will void my warranty if I‘d remove it.
You totally can’t apply one of those to a MacBook.

Yeah, try to plug a monitor in that displayport and tell me about it.

I got a t420 hackintosh and this is a deal killer for me.

Werkz perfectly fine, even with those gay dp-hdmi cables that usually fuck up everything.
Even the dock dvi works, using it right now

You got the nvidia one ?

I would love to know how to make it work.

If you care about that MacBook aesthetic so much, get this instead.

amazon.com/dp/B01CVOLVPA/

it doesn't have an apple led on the back

nope just hd3000 specifically because of this problem
but I read that if you disable the onboard and play with your dsdt it may possible to make it work