Intel DELAYS Cannonlake 10nm processor for the THIRD TIME

>Intel has delayed its 10nm processor Cannon Lake for the third time because of 10nm production problems.

>The new date for Cannon Lake, the company first 10 nm architecture, is now the end of next year.

>Laptop vendors are reported to be preparing to skip Cannon Lake and move to its planned successor Ice Lake.

2 years ago they cut their QA department and since then we got CPUs with SGX disabled by an update because of a bug (a feature customers paid a premium for) and the Skylake, Kaby Lake hyperthreading bug. They put short term profits first and YOU are going to pay for it.

Other urls found in this thread:

electronicsweekly.com/news/business/intel-delays-cannonlake-10nm-processor-third-time-2017-09/
wccftech.com/amd-announces-2nd-gen-ryzen-vega-launching-12nm-2018/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

electronicsweekly.com/news/business/intel-delays-cannonlake-10nm-processor-third-time-2017-09/

COFFIN LAKE

E T E R N A L L Y B T F O

When you think a company can't fuckup more after the Vega launch Intel comes in pulling no punches.

Vega and Ryzen are back on track baby.

wccftech.com/amd-announces-2nd-gen-ryzen-vega-launching-12nm-2018/

Oh shit. Just dawned on me. AMD and Intel are owned by the same shareholders. They instruct Intel to delay so that AMD can gain market share, and Intel can't be sued for breaking monopoly laws. It's a win-win for the investors.

If they actually tried doing something like this, they would get destroyed by competition from ARM cpu's, which are quickly approaching speeds of high-end x86 cpu's. I wouldn't be surprised if this delay is the last straw that get apple to transition to ARM in their macs.

>THANK YOU BAS-
>they are s-surely just poliishing it
>rypoo is fini-
This can't be happening ;_;

How will they be able to charge $2500 for an ARM laptop?

Why don't they just sell the company at this point?

I'm pretty sure there's an interested hedge fund, and maybe Samsung or Nvidia might buy a division or two.

>Geekbench
An educated guess is a better benchmark.

>LESS NANOMETERZ, THE BETTARZ
Sup Forums kids will never change

Oh, Brian, yes, dieshrinks are good.
It's just your company suddenly sucks at it.

>ARM
>on desktop
Like I mean we already have Office on ARM, all normies want is DOTA/CSGO/League. I always found the concept of plugging your phone into your monitor while routing kb+m+speakers out of the monitor would be somethings normies could live with if whatever their favorite shit they play on PC was also there.

>staying on the same process node for 5 years is a viable business strategy

>intel cant manufacture 10nm
>meanwhile amd just announced 12nm, surpassing intels 14++ node.
>amd will have 7nm Leading Power node, created for 5ghz frequencies on 2019 while intel will still be on regressed 10nm node.

Are 12nm nodes just a 14nm refresh or completely different?

its based on 14nm but its denser and better suited for more ghz.

Microsoft is working on ARM emulation which is being released for Qualcomm processors.
Also since Microsoft is doing the emulator themselves, they'll be able to get the overhead right down.
It's like on the Xbox One, the netbook-tier CPU is barely faster than the CPU in the Xbox 360 yet they got the backwards compatibility sorted out just fine and at full speed.

Guess I'll wait for the Zen refreshes since Intel just dropped the only ball I was looking at

its only for 32bit programs. If they make it for 64 in the next version it might mean something.
And there are no performance arm cpus. They cant scale to desktop requirements.

So far at least. So it's a cheap laptop/tablet solution so far. But it saves you a lot from buying Core M garbage that Intel has been offloading onto the laptop marketplace.
Would be interesting to see ARM server processors coming out, pretty sure I heard of AMD working on one.