Permission denied in Sudo

it keeps giving me permission denied even though im in sudo, what could be the problem Sup Forums

install gentoo

>pic not related
im trying to install my Kuman 3.5 inch on a pi btw

Does your user have permission to use sudo?

is gentoo for pi?????

Try sudo rm -rf --no-preserve-root
Thank me later

yes

you're not in the sudoers list or your group is not in the sudoers list

yeah compile it boi

>su
>chmod +x

You can install Gentoo on any architecture you dumb cunt

same problem persists

> i dont thank you

Run "groups $USER"
If sudo isn't there, login as root and check visudo. Make sure "%sudo ALL=(ALL) ALL" is uncommented. As root, type "usermod -a -G sudo " Then run "shutdown -r now" It should work when the system reboots.

this is the problem, OP.

I doubt it.
Gentoo for 6502?
Gentoo for 6800?
Gentoo for Z80?

Waiting for sources.

whats visudo
>i just made the switch

Sigh. It's the sudoers file. In your terminal type "su -" and enter the root password. Then type "EDITOR=nano visudo" Once you're in nano, press CTRL+W and type "%sudo" then hit enter. If you see a line like "# %sudo ALL=(ALL) ALL" remove the "#" then press CTRL+X to save and exit. After that, type "usermod -a -G sudo " Then type "shutdown -r now" Try sudo on your user after the reboot is done. It should work if you did everything correctly.

It's the sudoers file. Just type "EDITOR=nano visudo" in your terminal as root. Then press CTRL+W and type '%sudo" and hit enter.

Read the sticky and fuck off, shitskin

Ignore that last sentence btw. I forgot to remove it.

there is no #

you gotta double sudo for extra permissions bro

sudo sudo

and when you run "groups $USER" as your normal user, "sudo" appears in that list, right? If so, you just need to reboot, and you should be able to use sudo.