Tesla is working with AMD to develop its own A.I. chip for self-driving cars

cnbc.com/2017/09/20/tesla-building-an-ai-chip-for-its-cars-with-amd-globalfoundries.html

THANK YOU BASED JIM

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2017/8/24/16198300/elon-musk-tesla-autopilot-confirmed-engineers-safety-concerns-report
businessinsider.com/elon-musk-chris-lattner-apple-tesla-2017-6
businessinsider.com/tesla-autopilot-engineers-clashed-over-self-driving-car-plans-wsj-2017-8
youtube.com/watch?v=AerjS7PTNYs
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-09-16/tesla-says-mobileye-tried-to-block-its-auto-vision-capability
arstechnica.com/cars/2017/08/report-tesla-is-bleeding-talent-from-its-autopilot-division/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

An A.I. that has 16 cores to think for itself, the asbolute madman.

Nvidia is best for A.I, AMD has no chance!

Rip novideo

Oh, now AMD's patents for matrix FMA stuff make sense.
Yes, the biggest die ever!
Truly the best!

AMD is 2nd best and cheaper though

Where's my Shitwrecking machine

JIM KELLER
JEW KILLER

Nvidia is most used because Nvidia cornered the market with free ML software libraries written exclusively in CUDA.

AMD is catching up, is working on CUDA-to-Vulkan translator, and Tesla partnership will probably result in Tesla footing the bill to port popular ML libraries to OpenCL/Vulkan.

NVIDIA BTFO. Tesla is building the new chip with AMD IP.

Nvidia's solution is two separate ARM SoCs combined with two separate MXM GPU cards into a boxed abomination.
AMD's Infinity Fabric gives them an edge here, and Global Foundries has a wealth of SOI IP perfect for handling RF signaling, as well as more advanced solid state devices like RADAR/LIDAR sensors.

AMD leveraging GloFo's IP can build an entire car solution as one vendor bumper to bumper. Nvidia cannot do the same.

itt: morons with no clue about ai, shilling their favorite game card manufacturers
/neo-g/

>Nvidia's solution is two separate ARM SoCs combined with two separate MXM GPU cards into a boxed abomination.
What the fuck is that and why anyone even seriosly considers nVidia in automotive, ever?

>driverless company for driverless cars

Dunno both MS and Sony are more than happy with AMD's semi-custom designs.

I raffed.

Nvidia has software support going for them. Thats about it.

Looking at Radeon Pro, AMD is no less eager to provide software support.
And they actual expirience in fucking semi-custom designs.

I'd love to know how Jim would react to all these posts on Sup Forums saying stuff like this, and stuff like 'JIM KELLER SHIT WRECKER' etc etc

He's too busy snapping nVidia in half to bother reading Sup Forums.

>A.I. chip
robotics =/= AI
stop using stupid buzzwords

>t.leather jacket connoisseur

$NVDA tanked, lmao.

>$NVDA
>NVIDIA's CEO sold $18.3 MILLION worth of stock last week.
The leather jackt man knew.

a non-telemetry driver update has been sent to your Nvidia online account (or FaceBook/Google if you registrered via social media accounts)

Essentially, Elon has no clue wtf how the fuck to achieve self driving cars in Hardware or software thus is trying out all of the world's all-stars using shotguns praying something sticks ....

> They've worked with Intel
> They've worked with an Isreali sensor company
> They've with with Nvidia
> He tried to scumbag Geohotz into a deal
> He has keller
> He's tried an ex apple head who left after 6 months
> Now he's trying AMD
> He put an unsafe beta solution on the road even against his engineer's advice yet claims he fears the dangers of AI...

Source sauce of the self-driving unit travesty at Tesla :
> theverge.com/2017/8/24/16198300/elon-musk-tesla-autopilot-confirmed-engineers-safety-concerns-report
> businessinsider.com/elon-musk-chris-lattner-apple-tesla-2017-6
> businessinsider.com/tesla-autopilot-engineers-clashed-over-self-driving-car-plans-wsj-2017-8
> youtube.com/watch?v=AerjS7PTNYs (Geohotz talks about scumbag elon who petititoned him to work on his self driving car and then called to change the contract terms on his birthday) - starts at 8min
> bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-09-16/tesla-says-mobileye-tried-to-block-its-auto-vision-capability
> arstechnica.com/cars/2017/08/report-tesla-is-bleeding-talent-from-its-autopilot-division/
says Autopilot has lost 10 engineers and 4 top managers.

TL;DR : Nothing burger announcement. Tesla led by elon has been trying a shotgun approach for years losing engineers, key architects, and leads because Elon has no clue wtf he is trying to achieve and intelligent all-stars have issues working with him. Lets see how long Keller lasts.. An ex Apple head left after 6 months.

>> He put an unsafe beta solution on the road even against his engineer's advice yet claims he fears the dangers of AI...

Putting aside generally how dumb it is to release public betas of software that can kill if it fucks up, I'm amazed that was even legal.

AI is software, tesla already have an AI library running for their cars. They just need hardware IP to make their own chip. novideya probably turned them down so they went to aymd.

>the city of NigVidya
>the village of Tesla
>the decrepit hovel of Leatherjacketman

>for lowest common denominators
>by lowest common denominators

I'm long in AMD but this made me laugh.

>tfw beta software still drives better than an average american teenage girl
Sad world we live in.