I'm having an autistic meltdown

I'm having an autistic meltdown.

Why, in the year of 2017, does fucking Word or any fucking text editor not feature graphing tools for game theorists? I can't make a simple decision tree ffs. I just want simple lines, simple nodes - it should only be a few buttons, it's so simple. But what, I have to draw this shit manually? Should I use fucking MS paint? What about symmetry, huh? Alignment? Aesthetics? Simplicity?

UNACCEPTABLE.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lQ-UCI9nmis
tug.ctan.org/info/lshort/english/lshort.pdf
overleaf.com/
wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Dia
youtube.com/watch?v=Mphdtdv2_xs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why the fuck are you using a word processor for this ?

just fork LibreOffice and do it yourself sweetheart :)

use coggle.it, the autist's choice

Just use TikZ.

what else am i supposed to use?

That's what Microsoft Visio is for you stupid fuck. Why are you trying to use Word to do it?

>only supports google login
you've been shilled hard my friend

>what the fuck, why can't I use a hammer to tighten these screws?! Fuck hammers
Look, I don't even like Microsoft office but you really should look into what tool you need for the job

Visio, yed any mind mapping meme hell you can even use mspaint

Time to learn Latex

This.

I've made more complicated logic trees in word 2010 on four hours of sleep and a handful of M&M's. Draw a straight line, put a shape and some text at the end.

Git gud after you fix your life.

Also, sage.

you're supposed to use latex dum dum

youtube.com/watch?v=lQ-UCI9nmis

Its already bloated as fuck and you want even more garbage

>game theorists?
Such a big market.
Both of you should approach the LibreOffice people, or do it yourself. After all, isn't that the spirit of FOSS?

okay guys i downloaded this latex tiks stuff now and i hate it

i dont want a stupid pdf, i just want a png output
like literally, i just want a goddamn png.picture.
why is this made to be difficult?

>pdf to png
use convert tool from imagemagick

autocad does this. might be a bit tricky for you to learn tho. also expensive.

Latex is a typesetting engine, drawing graphs and mathematical formulae are only a couple of its powers.
You're supposed to use it for writing your whole document, not just drawing a flowchart and importing that into MSWord or whatever insane workflow you're aiming for.

Take the time to learn it and it will pay off massively over the course of your academic career. No one take shitty Word templates seriously.
I recommend this guide, but it's also the kind of thing where you learn best by just searching around for whatever you want to do.
tug.ctan.org/info/lshort/english/lshort.pdf

Use Inkscape

look, i can see latex being useful if i'm writing a document for the purposes of producing a pdf. say, when i'm writing an academic article or an essay or whatever.

but i mostly use word to make summaries for myself. i never convert these to pdf, they're ongoing projects until the course is finished - at which point i never return to look at the document. hence, the most important thing is that i can get a nice and neat overview of the document. i feel like that is just not the same with latex. looking at code does not provide a good overview.

am i wrong?

Words fail to describe how retarded you are.

You are retarded.

You can always keep editing the code? Compile to pdf when you have made changes retard.

Alternatively use inkscape or ipe to create diagrams.

Well, please make an effort to try, so I can be become less retarded?
I really don't understand.

Of course, but my point is that it's bothersome to go back and edit the code and compile to a pdf again - as I make changes non-stop. I have no actual interest in reading the document page to page, only in creating it. I learn by the process of writing my summary, not by reading it through.
I want to read my summary and be like "hey, let's highlight this", and "oh, let's remove this sentence", etc. And if then for each instance has to go back to my code, look up where the paragraph is in the mass of code, edit it there, compile the pdf, open up the pdf, look at the changes, and finally return to reading - that is obviously bothersome.
In word I can just read my document, make a highlight in 1 sec as I'm reading it and continue reading it right there.

overleaf.com/

>game theorists
It's not just a theory
it's a GAME theory

...what?

>Visio
Well trolled my friend. OP is probably blowing his brains out now

that looks super neat
why have i never heard of this before?

its because they have software like this already

>Word
A word processor is for processing rich text. While Word does allow tables, charts and graphics to be embedded within it, this isn't its main purpose.

>any fucking text editor
A text editor has one job and one job only: editing plaintext files. It should not be possible in a text editor to insert anything other than text.

>graphing tools
You know there are applications dedicated towards making graphs. Since you seem to prefer Microsoft Office, you'd probably want to use Visio for this.

I don't actually know if it can do this, but have you tried LaTeX?

wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Dia

>Of course, but my point is that it's bothersome to go back and edit the code and compile to a pdf again - as I make changes non-stop. I have no actual interest in reading the document page to page, only in creating it
it's not much different from your word document.. you just keep the editor open and keep saving it, you can have the pdf open to the side and it'll update when you save and recompile it

watch this: youtube.com/watch?v=Mphdtdv2_xs

Using a text editor for graphing is like hitting nails with a screwdriver.