This is unacceptable. I am no expert at programming or JavaScript but this shit is literally going to ruin the internet...

This is unacceptable. I am no expert at programming or JavaScript but this shit is literally going to ruin the internet. Visiting a website can allow the website to use a few cycles of your cpu for coin mining. How do I block this. Thanks to pirate Bay everyone is going to be doing this literal botnet

less obtrusive than ads unless you're a corelet

>How do I block this
Your ad blocker should block it just like everything else unwanted

or maybe the reaction will save the internet

>How do I block this.

Just block javascript retard.

>How do I block this.
Don't use the website?

Still seems scummy and when literally every site adopts this you won't be happy. Imagine Google backdooring a miner in there and you have 10 tabs open.

Oh no, next you will be telling me people put up ads that give people malware on their websites!

NoScript [spoiler]or try using a tracker that isn't total shit[/spoiler]

Just allow it

>This is unacceptable. I am no expert at programming or JavaScript but this shit is literally going to ruin the internet.
I kind of like it actually. It's a great idea instead of captchas. For the passive background miners, all of Sup Forums will probably just block them, and the normies will subsidize the internet for the rest of us without feeding the Google CIA tracking beast.

> This is unacceptable
IT IS, autistic freetard, nothing is free in this world, you get free fucking torrents for what exactly?

a small fraction of load of your fucking cpu is pretty fair in exchange

I'm OK with this as long it's not hidden.

If TPB was any smart, they would advertise the "feature", and give you an interface that allows you to control the CPU speed/number of threads and that tells you how much money you generated for TPB.
That would pretty much create a dick wagging, CPU power contest of who generates more cash.

I'd much prefer this than anything else. I give the site I'm using a few CPU cycles in return for a service they provide. No data mining, no cookies, no ads, just "hey thanks, let me help you out."

This is the future, and I hope it takes off.

Genius.

I actually like the idea, I'll gladly take this over ads, but the question is: does it generate as much money as ads? If it doesn't then I doubt it will take off

Depends entirely on how many users you have and how long you can get them to mine for. A german imageboard ran it and with a peak of 2,000 users mining they were making over $6,000 every two weeks because the more you mined, the more premium membership you got, I imagine hiromoot could do basically the same thing with Sup Forums passes and make a shitton more money. On the other hand, if you don't have an incentive to mine for users may be less inclined to opt-in to a mining system and if you run it in the background chewing up their CPU without asking you'll just generate negative press and get users to block it (as happened with TPB).

At the moment conventional advertising is a far superior income source, but it is ever declining and this may be way to go in the future.

Only 1 miner can run at a time, if you open a website with a miner while already on a website with a miner then that miner will wait for the other miner to close before it starts.

DEJA VU

Who slidin dis shit

If it does take off I think ads would coexist with miners anyway, or at least they would still be a thing for sites where users usually don't stay for long periods of time

Time to do away with javashit

How the actual fuck do you even browse this site without javascript?

>cares about some cpu cycles where no private data is being sent
>doesn't care about privacy, uses windows 10 for example

Ok idiot.

>steals content
>complains about place where he stole the content from

We got adblocking
We'll get mineblocking
Stop rustling your jimmies, friend

Disable JS by default and enable it on per site basis when you absolutely need it. Chrome has this functionality built in by default.

dunno why any of you fags think literal arbitrary code execution was ever a good idea.

I tried and you can't. You don't get the links for the torrents if you don't enable JavaScript.

>It's ok for advertising companies to collect my purchase/click history and show me relevant ads

>It's not ok to support a piracy site by using 15% of CPU cycles and as a bonus support a decentralized anonymous blockchain technology (XMR)

Neither of those things is okay and I block both because it's my computer and I'll do what I want.

2nd one is a far better solution than 1st one, considering that 1st one sells all your data to at least 10 other companies.

If you werent a braindamaged worm you could just block it with uMatrix but thats too hard for you.

I just said I was blocking it.

yes and ads are small, unobtrusive, and don't try and inject malware. This won't be followed for long.

I'm not seeing what you're talking about

Yeah better give spotify player 30% of your CPU cycles instead.

>this thread again

>streaming

I could make it unblockable
>first check if miner initialised
>then render website

So I indirectly pay for torrents by paying for extra electricity?

Whoever invented javascript outta have their head bashed in. No doubt some faggot and his faggot ass wife live in some ritzy white neighborhood but claim to be anti racist liberals. Fucking shit heads.

It was this guy.

I've always knew that Jewscript was a mistake.
Soon we'll need a core i7 just to browse a fucking website.
Fuck those millenials and their javashit bloat

You're not making it unblockable you're just blocking the website.

>close tab
or
>use some adblocker that blocks this stuff

wow, that was so hard

If its not intrusive I dont mind. The only problem I see is the webpages killing your battery when you are operating from a laptop.

How do I effectively block it though? There's so many different scripts that are blocked and it's almost as if one cannot work without the other, and it becomes either:
1.) a guessing game of which script is the one that actually accesses the website, or
2.) you just get so fed up you unblock all the scripts on that page. Do they do that on purpose?