Enrolled in STEM for gaining an "internship" and "capstone" for "job experience"...

>enrolled in STEM for gaining an "internship" and "capstone" for "job experience". Milk and toast scenarios that have a very small grasp on the real world
>attended an early college program for SOFTWARE ENGINEERING because STEM convinced me that it was highly employable and paid well.
>used my time in high school to learn HTML, CSS, JavaScript and Java. Only frameworks I know are from JavaScript.
>Realized yesterday that STEM lied to me and that my major is on par with computer science.
ITT: How fucked are you.

Just install Gentoo, your problems will disappear like magic.

My whole life around SE was a lie built upon shitty online statistics on SE and STEM's bullshit, I have no chance of stable employment.

I highly doubt gentoo will fix this travisty

Software engineering is just the nice way of saying code monkey. Might as well move to India so you can poo in the street while ur at it

>enrolled in low-tier uni for cs
>got job in high performance computing department
>failed hella classes, smoked hecka weed
>dropped out after 2 years with a 2.1 GPA
>got job doing systems and devops work at website
>get paid $35 an hour work for 25 hours a week
>interviewing for a SRE position at google tomorrow

Im doing just fine

>I highly doubt gentoo will fix this travisty
leave

Same situation as you essentially but haven't been able to find a job in tech. Mind giving me some pointers? Perhaps uploading your resume in redacted form?

All I want in life is to not use my hands for a living, and instead use my brain.

But thats the thing, you have CS. Whereas, I chose the autistic brother of CS and I'm too poor to switch to the better major.

>$35/hour
>fine

holy fuck keep telling yourself that, you fucking poorfag.

>67k USD on 40 hours a week is poorfag tier
Are you fucking retarded? This isn't even inclusive of overtime.

Sounds like somebody works for substantially less and is mad about it. Sour grapes.

>autistic cityfag

anything below 100k a year is basically poverty wages.

>living anywhere else but a major city
meaningless, cletus life tbqh

Its not bad considering its a junior position and I dropped out of college.

lighten up dawg

Sorry user I'm just shitposting. If you're happy, I'm happy.

>got bachelor
>no job
>got masters
>no job
>doing phd now
guess where I'll end up in 3 years

You're utterly stupid.

>working at google
>fine

>spend my youth shitposting on forums
>make a shitty website to shitpost with my internet friends on
>sell shitty website to some dumb korean
>get a job a google

My advice probably isn't worth much. The only reason I could get a professional position without a degree is because I had shitty software jobs in high school and college, giving me something to put on my resume other than school. I got my first software job in High school because my parents knew someone and I taught my self to program. So it basically comes down to nepotism and luck

My redacted resume is the pic

yeah I know its bad, but I'll sell my soul for that sweet sweet social and financial capital in a heart beat.

Plus the team I'm interviewing for works on the software I have dreamt about writing since early undergrad

I am so fucking jelious of your experience.

My "experience" came from a STEM internship from a UX engineer that worked on frontend web apps only.

I wish my parents wern't mail-carrying spics

>Google
Just dont say anything and nod.

They paid for your useless ass. Invested 18+ years into a dumbass who went for a shitty program and cant get a job.

>don't do computer engineering, science is the future
Fucking retards
Computer engineers will always find work

Are you the same faggot who was bitching in /dpt/?

I was venting about their lack of networking with an adult that worked with.

I love them with all of my heart as their son, but couldn't they expand their social circle beyond their relatives

are we circlejerking resumes?

First in my family to graduate college, only one interested in computers. All my jobs are through pure skill and networking.

If you want to pursue frontend/UX then try and run with it. If not, I'm not sure what to tell you desu :(

A few things that come to mind:

1) Go back to school and try to get into extra curricular computer stuff, like writing software for research labs, biology be the easiest. (this is where I started)

2) Build up a portfolio in github

3) Attempt to contribute to existing open source software

just got to build on it. My family has been in this country for 200 years and we are still niggers.

fatfingered the enter key

>build up a portfolio on github
When will this meme end? I'm not showing pajeets any of my fucking code

meh

what other options do you suggest for the user in destress?

Fancy. Whats it like directly contributing to the military industrial complex?

My soul had a price and they paid double. Best decision I made was to move towards management immediately. Showed leadership and initiation day 1 and within a year a fresh out-of-school grad became the PM of one my NG's campus projects.

I get paid 160k a year. Average 15k a year bonus as well. It's stressful as fuck, but I like the challenge. I graduated with a 2.8 GPA so fuck the haters. Network well in college and no one cares what your grades are.

That he do the world and his family a favor and kill himself

wow edgy. I am very impressed

>ITT: How fucked are you.
when it comes to tech, you're never fucked
you can pick up any employable skill in a month

>just happen to know someone in the field and get a job programming microcontrollers straight out of highschool

hahahaha its litteraly just networking OP
if you're autistic u just need to rely on pure luck you're doomed