What is your favorite distro and flavor and why Sup Forums?

What is your favorite distro and flavor and why Sup Forums?

Manjaro (w/ OpenRC as init manager) MATE here.

>AUR
>Comfy and friendly to use
>Kernel
>Easily install OpenRC from Manjaro Architect

Artix

>Pure Arch Linux but with OpenRC
>AUR
>pacman
>Full control over everything
>Minimalist as in "no shit on the background that you don't know"
>Bleeding edge

Patiently waiting for budgie-Qt to get released

>Manjaro
>OpenRC
>MATE
Finally, someone with a good taste on this forsaken board.

Has anything done 4k scaling well out of the box besides Mint? Just want to fuck around with some other distros but fell for the high DPI meme

Fedora with Xfce.
Recent packages and easy system maintenance (no constant updates or breakages). Also I like RedHat more than Canonical.
Xfce is just something I know very well. It gives me just enough functionality and then gets out of my way.

Xubuntu. Just werks.
>meme distro
>meme init system
>meme DE
You are too fucking mature for this board

I don't understand the appeal of Manjaro. Is it just a GUI installation? Why would you ruin that when installing arch is 90% of the fun of the whole distro.

I got the architect ISO and cant for the love of me find the openrc option, it just installed systemd by default desu.
What am I doing wrong?

Ubuntu GNOME.
Go ahead, I'm ready.

Ubuntu Unity.
Go ahead, I'm ready.

It's actually user friendly with sane defaults.

macfag.
Go ahead, I'm ready.

Macfag
Ubuntu Unity
Go ahead, I'm ready.

Gentoo Base System Release 2.4.1
Being Arch based is an insane default in itself

Manjaro and i3
and I use pywal to get a consistent theme

Arch. It's objectively the best.

microsoft 2000

>Arch
>Minimal
doesnotcompute.jpg

>Having to install Linux distros from a command line for entertainment instead of actually using the OS itself to entertain yourself
Anons, if I ever become this degenerate/delusional, just shoot me. The shotgun is in the safe in the closet, combination is taped underneath the kitchen sink.

t. Gentoo retard

Ubuntu minimal + XFCE minimal.

I thought we already exterminated everyone who thought Arch was minimal.

My dude even Ubuntu isn't as bloated as Arch. The arch devs are lazy cucks who blow up resource usage to maximum to save on the amount of time it takes them to pick sane defaults. Every compile time option is enabled, causing more resource usage and causing extra dependencies to be dragged in, each of those dependencies being similarly bloated. Arch is minimal only in the sense of dev effort required to maintain, that is the only simplicity of The Arch Way. Any shortcuts that can be made to reduce maintainability are made. And the packages themselves, ignoring the bloated binaries, are bloated in several other ways. All development headers that in sane distros would be forked off into -dev or -devel are merged into the main package even if totally unnecessary. All that documentation that in sane distros is off in -docs is also just shuffled right in. Even in packages that make sense to split into different parts are all lumped together. You can't just install libvlc on arch, you've got to install all of VLC along with it. Same goes for -common and -data packages. Arch is literally nothing but bloat. No better than any other distro's netinstall in terms of muh minimalism. No better than any other distro in any respect except it has the AUR, literally the only good thing going for it. And it's totally spoiled by being hosted by the most trashy and lazily maintained distro in existence. If you built up an arch install and a netinstall of any other distro with the same packages, the arch install would consume more resources 100% of the time. It. Is. Trash.

they all suck

Solus Budgie so far.

Beautiful (material design-like theme)
Raven menu is great
Overall a better GNOME
eopkg is easy to use
most of the applications I use are in the repos
Stable
Kernel is pretty new (4.12)

It depends also on the system I intend to run Linux on.
For instance, in an older computer, I don't usually want to spend more than one or two days to make it work properly. Instead I prefer something that actually >just werkz like Lubuntu or Puppy Linux.
On the other hand, on my daily drive laptop with Arch on it I just feel pretty comfy even after struggling for a while ricing it and make even the basiliar work without screwing up the whole machine.

btw here's your owo

Funtoo + Mate

Depends on the purpose but for my linux needs Arch is by far the beat. I need a low hassle server with good packages and good community support that doesn't involve having to trawl forums.

pacaur -Ss

How'd you get a dock like that, user?

post wp please

Sure, you're welcome.

thanks!