techpowerup.com/237197/intel-delays-10nm-cannon-lake-to-late-2018

Other urls found in this thread:

techpowerup.com/237189/amd-to-build-2nd-gen-ryzen-and-radeon-vega-on-glofo-12nm
wccftech.com/amd-making-semicustom-self-driving-car-ai-chip-tesla
youtu.be/SOTFE7sJY-Q?t=89
i.imgur.com/K92QwvT.gif
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

techpowerup.com/237189/amd-to-build-2nd-gen-ryzen-and-radeon-vega-on-glofo-12nm
>The 12nm switch allows AMD to roll out a new generation of RyZen processors as early as the first half of 2018

JUST
U
S
T

Now, everyone.
Let's say his name.
Say it LOUD and CLEAR.
You KNOW you WANT TO.

>Literally not a single week without a massive fuck up on Intel's side since the very day Zen was launched
So EPYC.

Holy fuck this is so JUST I can't believe it.
They should attach generator to Noyce' coffin for INFINITE ENERGY.

SANKYUU MISTAH KERRAH

>Noyce

The only thing it destroys is Pajeet's last shreds of credibility

DELID

But what will they do with all this TIM?

>2000 mason tickets for 2 more cores and Turbo only on the two first cores, RF ID™ alongside with RAID KEYS™, DRYHORSE CUM™, INTEL DELID TECHNOLOGY™, LESSLANES™ and FUKUSHIMA POWAH & TEMPUSU™, oh and also don't forget to shekel out for 400+ dollarinos mobos
>Meanwhile 1950X is ~800$, has Turbo on all cores, and it's currently best mobo costs ~390$
Wow, what a hard decision on which to buy.

101% this

Also no ECC RAM support with a $2000 cpu

Oh shit, I completely forgot about that one, loooooooooooooooool!

it's just a refresh on new node, they won't even change the name, at least that's the only move that makes sense if they want to do tocktocktock like promised.

The raid key DLC nonsense has turned me away from Intel by itself. Jesus what a bunch of assholes

It's 2nm smaller/denser, you dumb fuck. -2nm allows fuch quite a bit more shit to be crammed in and power envelope with temps will be lower per clock. Meaning we'll highly likely to get RyZen 2xxx with stable 100% 4.2GHz on all cores & threads, and no more segfaulting since they've fixed it sometime ago. This will be THE perfect mainstream processor to get.

Who cares. No one *needs* a new processor.

wccftech.com/amd-making-semicustom-self-driving-car-ai-chip-tesla
SO THIS IS DA POWER OF DA JEW KILLER

Going by that logic no one needs a computer at all, so Intel can just stop existing at any time since we don't need them.

>Threadripper's currently best mobo costs ~390$
Which one is that?

Sounds like Taichi.

Nah, it's actually seriously and absolutely unironically Gigabyte this time. They've literally managed to make a "perfect-on-all-fronts" mobo. It looks great, has all the needed features AND build like a fucking tank. This is THE board to get if you're wishing for best X399 experience out there, mateys.

dual socket x399 boards when?

you have to go EPYC to get dual CPU support, sadly.

Never. Buy EBYN.

mini ITX x399 boards when

Why would this be good news? It's obviously a stop-gap and both an excuse to delay, and an admission of 7nm Ryzen indeed being delayed.

It was always on the roadmaps you moron.

7nm hasn't been delayed you moron

Does it have a 10GbE NIC? And which one if true?

it's marketing-speak, you DUMB FUCK
the numbers haven't meant anything in literal ages

15 % density improvement is still 15% density improvement.

lol no it wasn't
it was just some vague BS about zen+ and zen2, then AMD implying + and 2 are one and the same 7nm update, with nobody actually knowing what was up

where the fuck did this guy learn to make great CPUs? is this a god-gifted talent? he just stops by a company, makes a great CPU architecture and then goes away to another, just to stop by again like an angel. he just magically touches a company and stocks suddenly increase.

how do i be like him?

7nm is totally gonna come out in 2018
you're totally not delusional

Only if you're dumb, roadmaps of Pinnacle Ridge were out a month after Zen1 was released, and that timeframe was way too early for Zen2 so Zen+ it is.

AMD also mentioned that they'd release new product each year (and they have to for shareholders and OEM to refresh)

Clark designed Ryzen though

>I-I knew it all along
you fags are just the worst

>I don't know what market momentum is: the post.

>is angry other people know more than him about how business' and release cadence work
>he seriously thought AMD would sit on Ryzen 1XXX until 1H 2019

Literally retarded, must be Brian

The only thing I care about is whether or not the new node lets the chips operate with stability at higher clock frequencies. Current Ryzen was made on a node designed to run at 3GHz, but what about this one?

10% more performance, so 4.5ghz cap.

If we can get at least another 300MHz and a somewhere around 5% IPC, the threat Coffeelake will be much less.

It is a refresh on a slightly improved node, I'm not counting on miracles, I'll reserve that for Zen2

I really wanted to see what Zen would do on 12nm FDX(SOI)
The power would probably be nuts and design changes would also be insane but imagine IBM clocks on this thing.

They will simply do a round of price cuts to kill Coffin Lake.

Somehow god keller in amd during ryzen, pure coincidence ?

Cpu design is team effort

It's slated for late 2018 or early 2019, retard

You mean 14HP?
12FDX is for RF and other low power shit.
Zen was designed by Mike Clark. Keller was doing K12.

keller designed infinity fabric though and ryzen wouldn't be what it is without that

The first thing to 7nm LP will be either RavenRidge2(EagleRidge?) or Rome(EPYC will solely need a refresh by 2019 because sapphire rapids ), client and threadripper will get last dibs.

So I don't think limited availability of 7nm RavenRidge2 APUs before Holiday season is impossible.

Keller is the head both arm and cpu

Stop shitposting.
Keller was doing K12.
Now THAT was a team effort. Including their semi-custom division.

They will probably refresh the entire product stack including EBYN and Vega10 on 12LP.
They need better EBYNs against Cascade Lake.

Stop shitposting Clark, you never be god like keller

Zen+ is a refresh of gen1 on 12nm, then Zen 2 on 7nm, then Zen2+ on 7nm, then Zen 3. Stop being such a retard.

>where the fuck did this guy learn to make great CPUs?
In his sleep while being in the womb of his mother, the Amaterasu?

Please stop shitposting.

Vega maybe, but EPYC isn't getting a 12nm refresh, only 7nm unless AMD thinks they won't have enough capacity on 7nm

DEC.
It's ArtX of CPUs.

youtu.be/SOTFE7sJY-Q?t=89
head of both x86 and arm

If consumer Zen is getting a refresh than server one will get it too. Along with TR.
They all use the same die.

During his sleep in the womb of his mother, the Amaterasu?

He was managing the teams. He himself has nothing to do with Zen. He designed K12.

fun fact: zen lead was a woman.

AMD's CEO is also a woman.
Who the fuck cares about gender as long as person is competent?

That's not in the roadmaps and a 10 month refresh on a server lineup is just a waste of resources, EPYC still isn't in channel sales because AMD can't make them fast enough for partners.

I can 130% assure you there's no EYPC refresh in 2018, but you might get Rome in 1H 2019

lel and neither do you if you're using it in this context

yup it just pure coincidence, I believe you

>he seriously thought AMD would sit on Ryzen 1XXX until 1H 2019
do you not read so good or do you have brain problems?

They will do EBYN refresh since Intel will refresh Purley in Cascade Lake.

it's literally time for krzanich to kill himself

No they won't, AMD won't release a new server lineup every 10 months, that's fucking retarded.

Purely has been selling since January, it's expected it gets a refresh, but the EPYC refresh which doesn't exist and 7nm Rome would be far too close to each other.

And unless Intel can get another 30% performance out of a refresh, then they STILL won't match EPYC, so AMD have no need to refresh, literally no one in their right mind would be buying Intel server processors right now.

They will refresh EBYN and TR simply because they are refreshing Ryzen. It's a byproduct of their manufacturing process.

No.
Using the same die has literally nothing to do with it, lifetime, support and validation are the reason EPYC won't get a refresh.

Look at their fucking roadmap, what's next after Naples is Rome, which is 7nm.
No 14nm+(now 12nmLP)

>lifetime, support and validation
These are basically the same chips, no re-tapeouts required.
They can simply launch them as a newer stepping though.

question is it refresh or next generation
12nm doesn't sound all that exciting, it's barely change in density

It's a refresh.

no you can't, you have to do all the validation stages again

I dunno. Still seems like the same GoSlo LPP process, so clockspeeds won't be improved much.

It's a refresh, but it's not impossible for AMD to pick out some low hanging fruit out of Zen and increase IPC

considering memory controller was first generation and implemented long time before zen tapeout from another company they probably can add new one, it will increase performance quite a bit
10-20% clock probably can happen, 12nm LPP is somewhat like current 14nm from intel

A refresh, but with definitely noticeable improvements (not just a "rebadge"). RyZen 1xxx was basically beta-testing platform aimed at early adopters, while RyZen 2xxx will be fully matured product which any person could use without any worries. No segfaults, stable high clocks, even lower power envelope and temps, etc.

>clockspeeds won't be improved much
Going from 14nm to 12nm guaranties at least +400MHz stable clocks to what RyZen has right now, meaning that 100% stable 4.2GHz on all 8 cores & 16 threads will be an absolute breeze, and if you win lottery you'll be able to 100% stable 4.4GHz just fine. That is a pretty solid increase in performance in comparison to current RyZen.

On the scale from 1 to JUST, this is JUST.

fuck this is confusing
does the improved Zen 1 CPUs exist or does Zen+ == Zen2?

What's confusing about fucking Zen refresh?

so it is 100% Zen refresh?

YES.
Zen2 on 7nm comes Q1 2019, with mobile parts coming out possibly Q4 2018.

Zen+ is Zen+, a slight improvement due to shrinking of already established process, Zen 2 is Zen 2 - a new process altogether.

Son if you think this is confusing, you need to put down the weed and exercise

He's just a confused Intlel shill, because how couldn't he be when this i.imgur.com/K92QwvT.gif is going on? And also pic-related. There's no confusion with AMD, because AMD doesn't do such shit.

>Intel Jews out with 14++: it's another money scheme
>Amd does same but calls it ((12nm)) :OMG thanks amd you sre so good

It's pretty obvious 7nm/10nm nodes will still take time to arrive. Amd is delivering 2019 at earliest on 7nm.
So called 12nm will be a mediocre update.