All Windows memes aside (I know its hard, I know; Botnet). Watcha think of PS?

All Windows memes aside (I know its hard, I know; Botnet). Watcha think of PS?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/trending/powershell
github.com/JulianChow94/Windows-screenFetch
github.com/PowerShell/PowerShell
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Which PS? The original PS, PS2, PS3, PS4 or PS Vita?

Powershell is useful for removing the botnet and by definition, absolutely perfect

Actually I was reffering to the PS used after a farewell closing in a letter

I'm an idiot and don't understand what use it has over the command prompt.

>Which PS? The original PS, PS2, PS3, PS4 or PS Vita?
You forgot the PSP.

They are all good expect the PS4, which is a literally a retarded PC which is only successful because the XBox One is an even more retarded PC.

You forgot the PSP.

PowerShell doesn't do shit. Only used for windows shit, I only wrote one code on it. And it was to reset my windows Cortana search because it wasn't working for some reason.

>he believes that by running a couple of simple PS commands he can completely de-botnet his Windows 10 install
user, I...

My ex stole my PSP to give it to her new nigger boyfriend, that's why I avoid speaking about my PSP. Please don't mention it, it hurts, I loved her. She had the best games.

For all the botnet shit Microsoft gets involved with, this did this right.

github.com/trending/powershell

There's some good stuff there.

> My ex stole my PSP to give it to her new nigger boyfriend
> Being in relationship with a nigger
ISHYGDDT

i know right

that's why I now suffer racism for dating white women only

In one line I was able to script a document to wrap each file in a specified tag to catalogue it on my website, all 50,000 of them. I love powershell.

> I now suffer racism
Try to enjoy it.

The .Net integration is a meme and the reason startup times are horrific.

It's cool. I like it.

It's a retarded PC that has better games than a regular PC. PC master race more like PC master no good games haha

>she had the best games
and all she played was you

how did you do that?

PS means postscript, dum dum. It isn't used as a farewell. It's more of an afterthought.

github.com/JulianChow94/Windows-screenFetch

It sucks compared to bash

>It's FOSS
>Runs on Linux
Though I am not used to the scripting language it is not bad

github.com/PowerShell/PowerShell

He's actually talking about $PS1

its shit. I use terminal emultors on windows, because I'm too lazy to convert terminal commands to windows bullshit

I dont need to waste my brainpower on win terminology

Sad!

I know right? we have plenty of games on pc, like uhhh shark can eater free trial

Looks nice at first but an absolute nightmare to actually use

>a thread about powershell becomes infested with Sup Forumsermin

The power shell is good for server edition but really not that much for the regular user, maybe some hacky tips but that's about it... I'm never using it as I would use another shell like bash on Mac and Linux

Actually I was reffering to the PS used after a farewell closing in a letter

Hence why I said AFTER THE FAREWELL

If I wanted an object oriented shell I'd use xonsh.

It's pretty good, and improves on bash in reasonable ways - the commands aren't just random words, but actual "verb-noun" commands. Also commands can pipe objects into each other, not just text, which is a huge performance improvement.

Its biggest problem is that it's Windows exclusive.

This. I just stick to command prompt for that reason

I've checked the sums of Qubes OS with 3 different computers running Powershell and I had 3 different error messages, all commands being pasted from the Qubes OS site.

Here's your (You)

It isn't though.

How would you compare it to Bash in terms of ease of use?

It's slow as fuck, so for simple tasks almost everything is better. Syntax is retarded. Being able to pipe objects is kinda cool I guess, other than that it's shit.

see glory of powershell for all

I would say it's the other way around.
It looked scary as shit to me at first, but now I can't imagine myself writing any scripts in that abomination which is batch. I sometimes find myself laughing like a madman when I try to execute some crazy one liner and it actually works as intended.
The limitation that you can't pipe binary is retarded however, it tries to find wildcards and syntax elements everywhere unless you explicitly escape and forbid it, and finding out that Microsoft aliased curl to Invoke-WebRequest left me speechless.
Overall it's still a great shell that is fun to use and makes a lot of sense once you get used its verbose syntax.

>the commands aren't just random words
the random words have order in them and in time you kinda get a hang of it
you can also type them out a lot easier than Get-SomethingSomething
though aliases alleviate this issue

it's pretty nice desu

essentially an elevated command prompt targeted for use by system administrators that use linux for obvious reasons. microsoft did their best to mimic an efficient terminal for network usage and it resulted in what is relly a bloated command prompt

Come on now