So I heard CCleaner had malware hidden in version 5.33 32-bit, and also a cloud version, but I'm running 64-bit...

So I heard CCleaner had malware hidden in version 5.33 32-bit, and also a cloud version, but I'm running 64-bit, so what the hell is this scary update message? Should I even update?

>The state of Sup Forums

Sup Forums - Technology & Help Desk

Why would someone keep this thing installed anyway? You should just run it once then delete it

>tfw still using 4.56

The whole idea of this application is snake oil. You're letting a malicious company exploit your data without even getting paid.

I'm not sorry for anyone installing this crap. You brought this to your self.

Virus only ran on 32 bit systems as far as I know I honestly wouldn't worry. The company was just bought out by Avast though and their trust in advertisers doesn't give me faith they'll handle it well

I don't plan to update past 5.25, I'll just close any port associated with updating/checking for updates if possible. If I can't I'll just delete this shit

It removes gigabytes though.

stupid dumb, wintoddler scum.
Windows itself is malware so you're not losing much by running malware on top of it.

man I really want to like Sup Forums but cuck faggots like you are making it insufferable

why don't you request a linux board and jerk eachother off there instead? fuck

Yeah, by emptying your recycle bin, deleting cache and other temporary files. It's snake oil.

>tfw just realized I had .33 32bit version

how fucked am I?

The malware was coupled with an addon install. I believe unless you downloaded .33 from piriform's website and installed the additional software you're safe, but I am not certain

lurk moar newfag redditor and stop being so thin-skinned
why the hell did you update in the first place?
v5.32 was the last good version before Piriform was sold to Avast
Avast is a shit company that can't be trusted

Kill yourself fucking son of a bitch

every version is 32-bit, right? I think they're talking about whether or not you have a 32-bit operating system installed.

I’M SO FUCKING AUTISTIC. PLEASE HELP ME

>Sup Forums is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.
I'm old enough to remember threads violating this rule being baleeted immediately.
I mostly blame generals phoneposting

Time to reformat everything with dban. As a Winshit user, that should be your monthly ritual anyway.

Unless you're on a corporate domain of a targeted company, 0%.

>Second wave apparently a thing
>The only website giving advice about it shows a screenshot of the WbemPerf directory without context