For all you solus shills

>install linux
>distro does not natively support cuda
>install nvidia docker
>some issue with host addresses which renders it unusable
>made a systemd service and that still does not work
>1080p and 4k moniter making it hard to use one screen
>activate highdpi mode and the 1080p screen becomes unusable
>the thing I wanted to use I had to compile but I needed cuda libraries for that
>all in all a shit time

>install windows
>Nvidia drivers installed
>cuda libaires are packaged with the program and I dont need to compile the program
>make a .bat file and it does what I want
yet windows is shit
sorry I dont have all day to waste fixing linux :^)

(pic related but I am also shitting on linux in general )

Other urls found in this thread:

dev.solus-project.com/T354
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I am aware there are spelling mistakes.

Take this to the solus forum, the devs can answer you better

Its been an issue for a long time
dev.solus-project.com/T354

>He fell for the Solus meme

Waiting for ubtunu(budgie) 17.10 to come out as 17.04 does not work

Specifically?

I get an AMD Vi error but then the system halts before it outputs a error message. Something to do with ryzen cpus.

I haven't had an issue with Solus yet. Most of the applications I use are included in the repo, and I just use the nouveau drivers.

You're using a 4k monitor and a 1080 monitor at the same time and you expect that to work? On a free OS?

Windows has a lot of functionality and caters to a lot of use cases because of its market penetration. But given that penetration and the fact that you pay for it, the OS is not as good as it could be or should be. The correct comparison here is OSX, which is what a good paid OS looks like. However, considering Linux is free, you get a hell of a lot. For a huge number of users, Linux is enough, and the popularity of Chromebooks is evidence of that; a ChromeOS system is transparent to someone who just needs a browser. If you wanted, you could add office software and a few other pieces of software to Chrome and it would satisfy the needs of a huge number of users.

Your experience is not objective and the suggestion that it is aligns with the post-modern ideologues such as SJWs and communists. Remember that next time to want to shitposts.

Try doing anything with cuda and you will find out quickly you really cant. You cant even use your gpu in blender.

>He fell for the Ryzen meme

Well its something to do with the kernel but I know that 17.10 works

linux is free only if your time is worthless

>does everything better than more expensive intel cpus except 144hz gaming

y..yeah what a meme haha

Try a different distro. If you net install will Ubuntu let u pick a modern kernel?

i think kernel 4.9 works but 4.6 or what ever ubuntu comes with currently does not.

You can probably pick a newer kernel if you do net install dude.

>using nvidia
You only have yourself to blame

Using gayMD

Nvidia works fine in Linux. Where does this meme come from? I use rolling releases and never have a problem with my drivers.

>using the smiley with a carat nose

At least we have free as in freedom drivers that actually work really well and often outperform even the windows drivers

This. Even the open source drivers work exceptionally well