Why don't people see the magic of the forth programming language?

Why don't people see the magic of the forth programming language?

What is this “4th programming language” you speak of

Show us your repo containing a project in forth or stfu.

>1st Machine language
>2nd ASM
>3rd High Level languages (like Javapoo)
>4th Actual poo?

forth goes inbetween asm and javapoo. Forth is way lower level than javapoo

>2 2 +
>need I say more?

forth shills always tell you how the amazing powers of forth helped them make big, powerful system entirely bug-free in just a weekend that fit on a 64K micro, but when you ask them to show you any examples of large scale forth projects, they either a) point you to rosetta code or some other snippets site b) can't show you because it was "classified" work c) link you to projects that have been long unmaintained because nobody understands the code anymore

The magic of irrelevance?

>between asm and java
not really. maybe between asm and C, but much closer to asm. Java isn't useful for low-power embedded programming, whereas forth is perfect for it.

It's less useful than Go. And I spent years programming Forth professionally. In the 80s. Which is the last decade that Forth was remotely relevant.

Because I want a job and not be a NEET.

Sell me forth
>GC? If so what kind?
>Compiles to native static binaries?
>Tooling support: i.e. language server
>Modules?
>Lazy iterators and ranges?
>UFCS?
>Generic types?

>GC
unneeded
>Compiles to native
yes
>modules
>iterators
>UFCS
>types
Sure, build it all yourself or use a library for it.

Forth is all about building an application EXACTLY suited to interfacing the machine to your need, from the ground up. It's a lot like assembler in some ways, but it's much easier to create applications in Forth than in assembler.

>it's much easier to create applications in Forth than in assembler
That's a compelling argument user. So few languages make it easier than assembler to create applications from the ground up./s

Do you have anything to add to the thread, other than your lack of reading comprehension? Underage get out.

>garbage collection
You can make your own garbage collection but you are not required to use it. For example I make my hash tables garbage collected but some people just choose to throw away arrays
>compiles to static binaries
Yeah you can do that if you want
>tooling support
I don't know what you mean but you can make tools in forth
>modules
Just load the forth bro
>lazy iterators and ranges
You can make your own functional programming in it
>UCFS
Whats wrong too lazy to type a whole thing?
>generic types
>USING TYPES AT ALL
>YUCK

Is this the same language Guy Steele was funded to create by Oracle and failed miserably? We may as well start teaching programming in HolyC on TempleOS

electron is the forth programming language

ya

Forth is lower level than c

Forth is frugal, nimble and stylish. In this overweight, ballooning, inefficient, bugridden world (look at you java), we need to go back to old wisdom. We need to reforge our coding steel.

This.