mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/58.0a1/whatsnew/?oldversion=54.0.1
ghacks.net/overview-firefox-aboutconfig-security-privacy-preferences/
rationallyparanoid.com/articles/firefox-about-config-security.html
kb.mozillazine.org/Network.http.sendSecureXSiteReferrer
developer.chrome.com/native-client
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

can you link me to that page please i want to jack that bg image

well but what's been changed?

Nightly suffers from the lack of a proper changelog.

mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/58.0a1/whatsnew/?oldversion=57.0a1

57 came and went and everything is just fine.
No apocalypse or anything.

Thank you, based moz://a

thank you based Firefox, I'll just watch youtube on some other browser I guess hahahaha

It has a proper changelog on the mozilla Mercurial. If that seems too technical, you're on the wrong release channel.

Works on my machine.

By the way, did anyone else notice Nightly getting slower the last few days? It seems to be blazing fast again on 58, though. Was it just me?

57 stable when?

58 Nightly is perfectly stable.

EXCEPT IT HAS NO ADDONS

hmm weird, it started working again when I switched useragent back to the default.

I dont even know why user agent spoofing would break certain sites ffs.

The only explanation would be that youtube.com checks for firefox instances and provides pollyfills for missing native js functions..

so much about FF caring for privacy, when you cant even spoof the user agent with it.

Spoofing user agent does break some sites sometimes, but youtube is working fine here with random user agent spoofing via uMatrix on Nightly 58.

depends what you spoof it too.. I usually spoof it to most common windows chrome version (since thats the one most people use)

I just use the default list that came with uMatrix, which looking at it now, seems to be a bunch of outdated browsers. I should probably change that to some more modern options.

Enough of my extensions have been or will be converted to webextensions that Firefox is still usable for me, but honestly I didn't perceive a meaningful performance gain from the update. Firefox was snappy before and it still is now, maybe it's more noticeable if you have a seriously fucked Firefox install with a billion addons and 1000000000 tabs open?

No Vimperator, no install.

>spoof to non-chrome browser
>see this
lol, how is this even allowed. I'm from EU, shouldnt they sanction youtube for lying too people about browsers and annoying them to use the botnent

also, this is a sentence formed with NLP, directed at your subconcious..

mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/58.0a1/whatsnew/?oldversion=54.0.1

Downloaded nightly just for this, here you go friend. :^)

For what autistic reason should you use Nightly over standard Firefox?

nvm it's not an image

>No Vimperator, no install.
This. Also the PulseAudio dependency is utter insanity.

>using the smiley with a carat nose

use a real vim based browser such as vimb or qutebrowser

>Thank you, based *
Ah, the mantra of the self-harming sycophant.

Thank you based firefox

>blazing fast again on 58
When nightly changes versions it's literally just a cosmetic change.
This just means that the work on 57 is finished and whatever features are in Nightly now are what is going to end up in stable after a month of beta.

LYING ON THE INTERNET

>thanks firefox for becoming a more gigantic turd each release
>condonesweb-censoring sjw by using it

what's an extremely light and able browser for linux guys?
I use Epic on my windows partition.

use scripts to turn everything into txtfiles

example, terminal "search for how to hunt with your dog" and your crawler uses wget to grab the top 20 results from google, puts the contents into txtfiles and opens the directory for u

but will it transform fap material into animated ascii?
really makes me think

Pretty much just the version string, as that's from nightly.

code is not sjw, it's a good browser and you can still disable all the privacy-invading bullshit. until that goes away, i see no reason to not use it, especially when all the other forks of FF are either bad (Pale Meme) or memes (Water Fox)

if you want a good light browser try qutebrowser, it's pretty good for simple browsing, especially if you use it in tandem with mpv. and once you get used to key-bindings you'll be browsing very fast

>you can still disable all the privacy-invading bullshit
There is no privacy-invading bullshit in stable.

SJWfox is for cucks

>computer code, literal bits of data is sjw
have we finally ascended to supreme retardation?

>There is no privacy-invading bullshit in stable
pretty sure stable still has telemetry and retarded shit like safe-browsing.

I had the same idea last release so I turned it into an image

general.useragent.override
It doesn't exist by default, but you can put a custom UA in that in about:config

>telemetry
Opt-in

>safe-browsing
Locally downloaded list.

ghacks.net/overview-firefox-aboutconfig-security-privacy-preferences/
rationallyparanoid.com/articles/firefox-about-config-security.html
kb.mozillazine.org/Network.http.sendSecureXSiteReferrer

Did you even read those links?
The only setting that could be considered as privacy-invading is the install ping.

>not being paranoid
Please.

://
>duckface 2.0

The Nightly tab bar has been awful lately.
I like the "use location bar as search bar" option, though.

>consumers running nightly
you're a fucking idiot

>not helping mozilla make a better browser

I tried using nightly for a few months, but I don't feel like updating the browser every time I open it. Beta is the superior choice for people who want to actually just open and use their browser.

>letting established pro-DRM puppets spy on you
>degrading your experience for the benefit of said DRM puppets
>degrading your security profile for the benefit of malicious sites as well as said DRM puppets
yeah pass m8

> Being a beta cuck
> Not being a nightly cuck
It auto-updates, anyway.

>pro-DRM puppets
They literally designed a sandbox for the CDM so that it can't do anything other than what it advertises to do.

they helped standardize DRM support for all the web. face it: mozilla politics are pro-evil.

How is that worse than another proprietary standard by google?
Remember when google tried to push developer.chrome.com/native-client and mozilla managed to stop them?

So what? While DRM shipping malware is a real concern that doesn't mean enabling it in a sandbox is any more of a good idea than injecting flesh eating virus into your leg is because hey, you can alway cut your leg off to contain it if you need to!

The majority of mozilla's sponsor's are pro-DRM, mozilla has generally supported DRM at every turn even if they're politically clever about it.

>How is that worse than another proprietary standard by google?
It's not, but is "not worse than google" really your standard for good?

POST A YOUTUBE DOWNLOADER THAT WORKS IN FIREFOX 57 AND IS NOT A FRONTEND TO A THIRD PARTY SITE AND IS NOT AN AD INFESTED SCAM

I just want to download youtube videos damn it
a+v, video only full res, audio only, I will mux them and convert them myself with ffmpeg

There's two options.
First is that mozilla doesn't implement drm in their browser and then becomes irrelevant because muh netflix and subsequently has no say in what web standards should look like.
The second is that mozilla implements drm in a way that it's guaranteed to only do what it's supposed to and stays relevant enough to keep slowing down world domination.

youtube-dl

proprietary solutions are shit and everyone realizes it, keeping google as the only pro-shit software is fine. Mozilla supporting actual black box malware blobs is not fine, they let everyone down and the EFF is now their enemy.

Brave is coming to free us from this sjw google funded botnet.

Modern youtube isn't even available without javascript. Modern youtube is cancer.

>you can alway cut your leg off to contain it if you need to!
That's a shit comparison.
This is more like a third leg that you don't always need and you can always detach it if you don't want it.

I wish my addons like session manager and greasemonkey would update already

>Remember when google tried to push [insert shitty proprietary freedom denying proprietary garbage] and mozilla managed to stop them?
Now you understand why they kicked Brendan Eich
Now you realise the true use of SJWs and feminism
Now you know why google is pro faggotry, pro diversity and pro affirmative action
Now you know why mozilla changed their focus from technology to diversity

>youtube-dl
No, I want a Firefox add-on instead

it's available without google's javascript at least.

>First is that mozilla doesn't implement drm in their browser and then becomes irrelevant because muh netflix and subsequently has no say in what web standards should look like.
>The second is that mozilla implements drm in a way that it's guaranteed to only do what it's supposed to and stays relevant enough to keep slowing down world domination.
Let me translate those options for you

>mozilla sticks to its principles and uses what clout it has to make the internet a better place
>mozilla sells out to its corporate overlords and implements a standard designed to fuck consumers, in exchange it gets to be faced with this dilemma another dozen times before incorporating and promptly selling itself to Yahoo

>still no lastpass webextension yet
God fucking damn it.

>mozilla & google
>pro-evil
YOU BIGGOT
They support gay rights therefore they are not evil

>clout
How much clout do you think mozilla has in a world where the most visited website conglomerate constantly tells you to install chrome?

Enough that their pro-DRM shilling in W3C counts for more than the FSF and enough that they're neck and neck for #2 highest used browser against the default installed consumer browser.

>bitwarden
idiot

>they fixed webrender going full retard
That's nice. I hope they'll have it fully ready for 58 stable.

Video downloader professional

Thanks for the next few days of paranoia induced research on that

>PulseAudio dependency
Only reason I still use ESR on my laptop.

Protip: it's just a meme.

Thanks, looks great!

Did nightly 58 remove the extensions.legacy.enabled about:config entry?

I am still using legacy greasemonkey in the latest nightly.