>GTX 1050
>8gb DDR4
>1tb HDD 128gb SSD

OR

>I7 6700HQ 2.6 ghz
>gtx 1060
>8gb DDR4
>1tb HDD

Is a better graphics card worth the loss of SSD and .2 GHz of processing power?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Acer-Predator-GeForce-Backlit-G3-571-77QK/dp/B06Y4GZS9C/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1506086408&sr=1-3&keywords=gaming laptop
amazon.com/MSI-GL62M-7RDX-1408-Performance-SteelSeries/dp/B071K1Q8TK/ref=sr_1_4?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1506086408&sr=1-4&keywords=gaming laptop
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You can always replace the drive later, it's easier to start with the better GPU, and no the 200Mhz is not important at all when comparing a 1050 to a 1060.

Yes.

>laptop
>GPU

fucking GO FOR THE SSD AND 0.2GHZ AND SELL THE GPU CHIP BECAUSE YOU DONT NEED IT IN A LAPTOP.

unfortunately it's a laptop, a desktop would be extremely inconvenient in my current living situation

nvm OP you are retarded and I'm out of this thread.

6700 and 7700 are same, if the clock are same. Only difference would be some intel only ssd drive port.

128GB ssd is worth about $50

I'm the first reply. Listen up and read.

I know it's a laptop, you said so,
Both GPU and hard drives are replaceable in a laptop, but I said it's considerably easier to go with the better GPU (sans an unnoticeable drop in CPU power) than the better drive. You can swap a drive out in seconds. I don't know if the laptops you are looking at have easily swappable GPU cards. Sometimes it's a simple card-slot swap, some times you have to remove the case to get to the card, but you're probably not in the budget range to change anything yet and mobile GPUs are horrendously overpriced.

So,
If you're gonna game on the thing, just go for the one with a 1060. Plan to upgrade to an SSD later, or better yet remove the disc drive and pop an SSD in later so you can have both a fast OS drive with the SSD and cheap storage with the HDD.
Nobody needs DVD drives in 2017

Wtf are you talking about gpu are not upgradable they are soldered into the fiber glass

i5-2450m
16GB dual-channel DDR3L
250GB SSD

Total: ~$310

Even the cheapest macbook can beat any of those options. Get a Mac.

>what is mxm

Dude I have a similar configuration to the 1050 one, only with 16 gbs ram. I use it for computer vision on a car so I couldnt go with a desktop solution but the game that Ive been playing on ti (forza horizon3) runs fuckin sweet, overall 120 fps and shit. It's a 17 inches laptop tho so it's quite heavy.

Which laptops?

amazon.com/Acer-Predator-GeForce-Backlit-G3-571-77QK/dp/B06Y4GZS9C/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1506086408&sr=1-3&keywords=gaming laptop

and

amazon.com/MSI-GL62M-7RDX-1408-Performance-SteelSeries/dp/B071K1Q8TK/ref=sr_1_4?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1506086408&sr=1-4&keywords=gaming laptop

>I7 with Intel ME
>Nvidia good goy 10xx
>8gb of botnet ram
>1tb of botnet and 128gb of solid state botnet.

Or

Libreboot t400.
>Free as in freedom
>Botnet free core 2 duo
>2x 240gb ssds
>8gb of ddr2 freedom ram.

The choice is obvious.

>please be poor just like me
Fuck off

Nice autism machine. I bet you use a mobile phone too.

T. Corelet.

Also this is my windows pc. Notice how I could afford this and a laptop for the price of your """gaymer""" toy.
it has a 30 second boot time.

Also you fags should go back to Sup Forums

>the dynamic duo
remind me to photoshop a picture where Torvalds is Batman and Stallman his sidekick

Kek

I have an x230, a gaymen laptop and a desktop, so what?
>30 sec boot time with ssd
Lmao

Your buying something that sucks as a laptop and for gaming or productivity.

>Heavy and bulky
>Shit battery life
>gaming on touchpad
>Thermal throttling with any rendering workload.

You will look autistic playing games on this shit in public.

People will assume your a man child from your laptop.

I intern have a interesting conversation piece in my MIS major and have a reliable machine for taking notes on.