Space Heater

What's the best computer for use as a space heater? After all, some old computers are actually cheaper than actual space heaters.

AMD anything.

Anything with an i7

Intel 7700K overclocked with Vega 64

powermac g5

i9 7890x

AYYMD HOUSEFIRES

This, point the exhaust fans at yourself to start melting.

Pentium 4 extreme
If you're looking for something more effective get as many GTX 480s as you can and overclock.

Only good reply

Threadripper with Vega.

My old HD5970 had an idle temp of 93C and peak temp of 102C
Used it for 5 years without a problem. In winter it unironically warmed my entire house but in summer it's scorching hell

>op wants a cheap old computer
>anons keep shitposting vega, 7700k, and threadripper
You retards

AMD FX-9590 plus 4x GTX 480 in SLI.

R9 290 or VEGA

Use to have an R9 280x in a Silverstone SG11b, that thing put out so much heat it would warm my room by 15 degrees in the winter

pentium 4/d, bulldozer

Intel would make a poor space heater actually since the issue is heat is not being transferred from the die to the IHS to the heatsink. The CPU gets hotter and hotter, but the heatsink can't do anything about it.

anything NetBurst or >95W

R9 390 was the shit for colder months

Was gonna say the same thing.
My HD5970 was the only GPU I've owned that would burn it hand if you touched it under load.

Were you using the reference card too?
I actually got hyperthermia during summer from the heat it outputs

Nah, I had a 8350 overclocked to 4.6 and a 390X I still use now and it didn't even make a dent in the ice cold temps in my room during winter without regular heat. This $15 space heater I bought works faster than this rig at 100% cpu/gpu usage.

I had the stock cooler for like 6 months.
I then got a $40 danger den waterbock.
Thing ran a 1,000mhz like 35c at Max load.

HP DL580 G5