Arch takes too much time and pacman dont wantvto connect to mirrors while ping works perfectly

> Arch takes too much time and pacman dont wantvto connect to mirrors while ping works perfectly
> Gentoo takes time ever more
> Debian is old
> Fedora is a poor man's redhat
> Opensuse and manjaro has low community.
> Puppylinux is a pendrive distro
> Ubuntu is uncomfortable with this fuckness DE
> Mint cinnamon was the distro what fullfilled my needs (codecs, driver manager, comfy cinnamon)
> Went to Sup Forums
> Got info about webside hack
> Well ignored that because it can happen to any website.
> Got rumors about mint never uldownloading some security updates.

Why i cant find any comfy distro for desktop and i can install to my friends/ family members computer and they just can work on it.

Cinnamon is so good but there is no official cinnamon flavour for nonmint distro

Manjaro

Just use a different DE on Ubuntu.
This really isn't hard, you don't need a different distro to change your fucking DE.
Just install cinnamon on Ubuntu (or whatever) retard.

Also opensuse is a company, community size is a non-issue.

And fedora is not "the poor man's redhat" that is CENTOS, it is the testing ground for redhat.

Don't pay attention to the haterz!
Mint is best OS!
Mint is only OS!
Take the Mint!
Get Minted!

But what about getting help on forums while most of guides will be for noncinnamon ubuntu?

Just use Xubuntu for maximum comfiness user

Dont like Xfce

I'm looking for cinnamon

Completely irrelevant to be perfectly honest.
Issues are very rarely a combination of distro and DE.

>Debian
>old
what
it's still being maintained

>let Mint isn't secure because the website got hacked meme
the distro is a DE project using Ubuntu and honestly the DE is really comfy on a modern system.

also
install slackware

Kubuntu, xubuntu or ubuntu gnome you fag

Again INSTALL IT IF YOU WANT IT.

>comfy distro for desktop and i can install to my friends/ family members computer and they just can work on it
Will literally never happen with anything that isn't made by Google, Apple, or Microsoft. If you want things to just werk and you don't have technical skill, just use something made by one of them.

I heard something about antergos, seen some guides and it can preinstall cinnamon in it, and it has comfy mintlike installer. Is this distro good or has another meme issues? Also how about drivers in it?

It is arch with an installer.
Same upsides as arch and same downsides.
Very similar to Manjaro.

But why do you care if you can preinstall a DE? It is completely irrelevant.
Drivers are also mostly the same everywhere, although Manjaro does a better job in my opinion.

If you don't want to use Arch and Manjaro then this is the wrong distro for you.

I dont care what distro based distro is. Even if its arch based i will be fine if it wont force to spend hours fighthing with issues.

Again. It is Arch with an installer, I didn't even say that it was based on anything.

After installation you will have the exact same issues (SINCE IT IS ARCH WITH AN INSTALLER), if you want more user friendliness and the upsides of arch you want Manjaro, it is a bit less maintenance heavy then both Arch and antergos.

But, again if you like neither arch not Manjaro it is the wrong distro for you.

If you are OP you want to use Ubuntu and install cinnamon on it.

this tbqh, antergos has a better installer but once you're done you are left with pretty much arch with all the hassle and maintnence of it
maybe try openSUSE tumbleweed? has a bad rep but from what i've heard they have bleeding edge like arch but tested and more stable

I'm currently testing Solus on my work maschine.

The basic idea of it is simply "just works", so it's perfect for me at work and for friends / family.

Doesn't come with Cinnamon but you get Budgie, which is really nice.

>Debian is old
You dense......
Debian has 3-4 branches, which one of them is a fucking rolling release.
Don't install a fucking server grade branch on your p.c., use testing or unstable.

Use Xubuntu
It's Ubuntu with xfce
so comfy

How does Arch take too much time? Aside from the initial setup, it's no different from other distros in that regard. If anything, Arch takes less time because of how easy and simple it is to use with the wiki, the AUR, and how fast Pacman works.

Because it breaks, don't even bother denying it.

not him, but it really doesn't, and i've been using it for 5 years now

It doesn't break though. I see you've never actually tried it.

I actually used arch for quite a bit, I remember having frequent issues with steam (muh games) working and getting drivers to work properly wasn't fun either.

Debian Sid, Solus, Manjaro. All of these are bretty gud

GTFO

no

Works fine for me.

Sure, it works fine until it breaks, then you have to fix it.

i've had less things break in arch that any other distro, or windows

Get out, phoneposter

Quads of wisdom

same.

I have now used debian for quite a long time and at least in my experience less things broken then when I was using arch.

This.