Do you think that when human consciousness can be exactly replicated in computers, people will stop being Christian?

Do you think that when human consciousness can be exactly replicated in computers, people will stop being Christian?

Thats never going to happen, the more I learn about computers the further this type of shit seems to be.

Never say never.

fuck your dead mother

No, but computers will start to be.

Current semiconductors cannot feel emotion but who knows what new devices we will see in the future

>Do you think when toilets outnumber Pajeets, they will finally use them?
no
lol

Human consciousness will never be EXACTLY replicated. Assuming life is a legit simulation the only thing with the access to those schematics to create an exact consciousness replica are the simulation devs themselves. And even if we could to a small extent, the bulk of the knowledge necessary to do such a thing will be incomprehensible for man to create and even computers.

when i was stoned i kept thinking that when a machine can replicate having the weird useless thoughts that come to you when you're stoned, only then can you have a somewhat sentient AI

How anyone would deduct that a machine has the exact replica of a human consciousness is a bit of a mystery. 100% pass rate in Turing test maybe?
Anyway, if believers can keep believing after all the scientific progress we've had these last centuries they're not going to stop any time soon. Faith is not something you can argue or prove out of a person since everything contradicting a believer's reality is just ignored.

Pain is just information...
Computers can "feel" pain just like humans.
t. not atheist nigger

if anything you'd have religious factions sworn to eradicate every last synth

People will NEVER stop believing in bullshit. Remember that.

Even it would work it will not be you. Your consciousness will not transfer into another vessel. It will just spawn some "being" that will have your behavior and your mindset. I wouldn't like myself to be REPLACED by something. I won't care what would my copy do after i pass on, because it is not me.

people are already stopping being christian. The non-religious group is the fastest growing segment of America.

the more I learn about the world and our universe the more I'm convinced there has to be some force that orchestrated it all. I suppose you could call it a god but I've always been non-religious.

religious people would see it as a wrong to move your consciousness to a computer but it wouldn't make them lose faith in god.

t. agnosticfag that grew up in a Christian house and went to church for half their life

You underestimate human stupidity

neurofag here in a top program

When you actually understand the neural complexity that comes with thought, and how it changes through basic experiences everyday, you'll realize that we aren't even close to "replicating consciousness".

Oh, those those neurons which create trillions of synapses each has a slightly different chemical makeup and perhaps one hundred different receptors which shape its growth and plasticity in response to an ever changing extracellular environment? Ya I'm sure we'll be able to recreate that sometime soon, senpai.

Kurzweil is just an old Jew who is afraid of dying so comes out with bullshit like "within my life, we will be able to transport our consciousness into computers" as a coping strategy. He seems like he'd be the type to sacrifice his own family so that he may live another 50 years.

How do you know it won't be you?

Only if the computer can replicate human selfishness.
>a tree fell down near me, god must have pushed it in another direction to save me
>a bus driver had a heart attack and drove the bus into a sea of people killing tons of people - including children - but I didn't die so there must be a god looking out for us
>I believe god created this whole planet but when my country goes to war of course he's on our side

No, because people are stupid

> Trillions of synapses per neuron

Yeah right, you may need to revise those numbers, "neurofag". The real number is between 20 and 30 million, as estimated by current studies.

neurons which create trillions of synapses =/= trillions of neurons PER synapse, you fucking brainlet

I don't know where you are getting the 20-30 million number, anyway, because there are much more than 20-30 million neurons in the brain, each with thousands of connections.

tl;dr: you're retarded, leave brainstuff to people who have the reading comprehension of an adult

What if I told you that you are not really you and consciousness is a lie?

>He seems like he'd be the type to sacrifice his own family so that he may live another 50 years.
Kurzweil kinda looks like one of the aliens from Insurrection.

Nothing will convince a religious idiot.

Why would you do something so asinine asmaking a computer act like a human? That defeats the whole purpose.

so we can create offspring without having to touch a human female

It won't act like a human. It will essentially be a human but with a machine body and brain. That might be the only way we can migrate to space when our solar system dies. Our organic bodies r too weak

Hawking said it pretty well
If chemicals can elicit intelligence, I don't see why electricity can't

There is no way to "transfer" ones "I" to a machine.
How do you imagine this without some magic?

>copy all memories
>make SAME neural connections
Of course this gonna be same "I" as "I" am at that MOMENT.
"I" won't be magically transfered to a machine. "I" am this biological machine which will rot eventually.

THERE IS NO SOUL TO TRANSFER, FAGGOT.

They will just start being racist to machines in addition to any non-christian because those clearly aren't blessed by god.

What about Islam, my fellow redditor?

That's why it would be called simulacrum, not a simulation.

>fellow
>outing yourself as a redditor

Kek, retarded religious fags.

recognizing Irony isn't your strongest point either, fellow facebook user.

such a being would lack a soul and would essentially be a philosophical zombie

thanks to satanists who have subverted society

It would need to move *soul* or something like that into new vessel, not copy/digitize it. You can't be in 2 places at the same time. And look at the problem of converting analog -> digital -> analog. It won't be the same thing even if you make it back.

In order to be affected by technology, you need to have some understanding for it.

>satan is the bad guy
Ask yourself why promethean figures are always demonised by powers and religions. It's almost as if ignorant people are easier to manipulate.

They will have the exact same reaction they've had to every other scientific and technological development in human history. Claim it's heretical, blasphemous and a sin against [Insert diety here].