EU Piracy Effects Study Suppressed - Then Uncovered

Julia Reda - European Parliament member who uncovered the document.

Site including the 300 page documentation:
juliareda.eu/2017/09/secret-copyright-infringement-study/

Other reporting sites:
torrentfreak.com/eu-piracy-report-suppression-raises-questions-transparency-170922/

thenextweb.com/eu/2017/09/21/eu-paid-report-concluded-piracy-isnt-harmful-tried-hide-findings/

COPYRIGHT CARTEL STATUS: BTFO

< Full page

GOD SAVE OUR QUEEN, CUTIE, AND SAVIOR

Bump, because interesting thread getting buried in bullshit.

Was it ever about sales or is it about control?

E.g. you can't just fuck over whoever pisses you off, you need to find a justification. Piracy is an 'illegal' thing everyone does, so you can universally find dirt on everybody.

>I actually, genuinely don't pirate.
Sure you do, and (((they))) can """find""" it.

It pissed off their lobbyist friends who want piracy filters (draft of that law in image). If they cared about the people they govern it would be illegal to allow a lobbyist to write a law and have someone sign their name to it, or to make a law without reason or evidence to support it's existence.

piracy is big part of marketing. i work writing and starting programs for cnc machines. i spoke to a guy selling cad/cam software and asked him why is it that their supposedly unbreakable new program gets cracked in a matter of days after initial release. we known eachother for some time so he told me: we release the crack ourselves. people try out new features, if theyre good company will buy the product for them. simple as that. not many will go blindly for new unknown software and pay hefty sums for it.

>YUROCU CKS

>amerifat
You're so cucked by corps that such study won't even be carried on.

>Uber
>London
At least we allow companies to function

>EU suppresses when they should be transparent
This raises larger issues than just piracy. I hope you take that angle when you spam social media about this.
It serves everyone.

EU is a bunch of cunts who should be lined up and shot, just like their Marxist idols would do to them.

>Comparing the Britcucks that copy US internet Regulations and markets and then enforce a harsher rules upon them instead of actual Countries that Belong to to the European Union.

t.Dumb Americuck.

that absolute state of the eu

holy shit big if true

Funny thing is, a lot of people who pirate games or music are likely to pay for it in the future if they like it

this is true i am his frien who crack my software

The truth is that 90% of the market is absolute trash and the easiest way to make profit on something is to make trash, hype it up, and collect shekels from retards who buy on impulse

Piracy destroys this trash-making scam-market. People stop buying your trash on impulse, they pirate instead. Your game sucks, they hate it, they say fuck you I'm not buying this crap. Trash games don't sell. Millions spent on marketing down the drain.

When you have a good understanding of how to manipulate people, but a poor understanding of how to make a good product, it's very easy to say "Let's not invest all the risk in making a good product. Let's invest everything in marketing and who gives a fuck about the quality of the product, we'll brainwash them into buying it anyways."

marketing is a cancer
piracy is one small part of the cure

can someone explain to me what this is

you're on a discussion forum for anime

>eu throws 360k euro on a study to determine if and how much piracy harms the market
>the study never get published
(relly maks u think)
>2 years later, persistent qt "pirate" insists on having it
>obtains it thanks to some transparency eu law
>"there is no evidence to support the idea that online copyright infringement displaces sales"

this
ah, but most people don't care anyways. it's too little, too late. succession is the only true answer.

so, let's talk about anime

But what was the methodology?

One that used up 360 000 €

But it isn't the narrative that our corporate overlords want, so it gets shelved.

why wonder what could our german overlords have to gain by doing this?

why not just giving free demos then

Extra RND to make a different version of the product

Subscription software based model is cancer

It's cancer when the developers don't provide the service that motivates a subscription. When the software and payment model match well it's great.

>Brits copy US
Um sure

The same thing happens with movies, sometimes they spend way more on marketing than in production for blockbusters.
The trailers done by specialized agencies end up being better than the movies themselves and sometimes they even put scenes that get deleted in the actual movie. They even tour the actors all around the globe to create more hype and do viral marketing on social media with bots.
They know the common denominator falls for the marketing hype but if people can pirate the movies they will realize it's all marketing and won't pay for the garbage.

so priacy doesn't do shit?

According to that big study that they wanted to hide it seems that no. It basically doesn't do anything that seems to matter overall.

>piracy actually helps vidya sales

Piracy was a blessing on many industries. It made it imperative for companies trying to sell music, games, movies, etc. to lower the cost of the product as much as possible.

This caused innovation and birthed services such as netflix or spotify, which get you large volumes of media at a much lower cost than before. Remember 20$ CDs?

The only people who lost money were middlemen jews artificially increasing costs to turn a bigger profit. Being an actual content creator is easier than ever before.

>making a theory first and then scrambling to find evidence to support it
>shilling hard enough that you write a 300 page essay with placeholders for the "evidence" youre going to find later

I used to go to a library. Loan out books with any pics I could fap to. Cut the images out of the pages and return them. Well at least they would not have my cum stains all over the pages that way :)

White knights in suicide watch.

White knights in suicide watch tower?

White knights in suicide country.

Jesus christ, they actually spent 360.000 euros researching the obvious? Is there any sane person alive who really thought piracy hurt sales? This lie has been debunked countless times. Oh well, bless Julia Reda I guess.

Who knew the EU were so against transparency and openness?

This is what I've been doing for almost 20 years now. Download the movie first, if it's good, buy the dvd. Same with music. The moment they make piracy impossible (lol, yes I know, I know) is when I stop buying movies and music. Back to recording shit off tv and radio.

Of course it fucking doesn't. Anyone with a functioning brain would come to this conclusion.